Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

How do you subscribe for the no-ad thing on the site? I know users can pay to take away ads, but.... where is that? This page: https://dragcave.net/terms-purchases seems to imply that there is a 'subscribe' button/link somewhere, but I don't see any such thing. I've looked in the help link, and in the terms link, but can't find it.

from DC wiki about aria "Bright Pinks used to only breed Pink Dragon eggs after being discontinued, or the egg of their partner's breed; as Aria dragons, they can produce eggs of their own kind again, however will still breed Pink eggs on the rare occasion"

Is this true regardless if the aria dragon is from the initial release years ago or the re-release? thanks.

37 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

How do you subscribe for the no-ad thing on the site? I know users can pay to take away ads, but.... where is that? This page: https://dragcave.net/terms-purchases seems to imply that there is a 'subscribe' button/link somewhere, but I don't see any such thing. I've looked in the help link, and in the terms link, but can't find it.

Is this what you're looking for? https://dragcave.net/account/adfree

I just found it by clicking account > advertisement removal subscription

31 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Account => Advertisement Removal Subscription

https://dragcave.net/account/adfree

42 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

from DC wiki about aria "Bright Pinks used to only breed Pink Dragon eggs after being discontinued, or the egg of their partner's breed; as Aria dragons, they can produce eggs of their own kind again, however will still breed Pink eggs on the rare occasion"

Is this true regardless if the aria dragon is from the initial release years ago or the re-release? thanks.

I don't think it makes any difference. This one is from the re-release and he produced a regular Pink just recently.

Any Aria/Bright Pink, whether it be from the early days or from after the re-release, will now produce a majority of Aria eggs (or breed of other parent obvs) and once in a while a Pink.

I was going through my list of Bolt dragons and I noticed that in the Encyclopedia section the Bolt's sprites are listed twice.

Screenshot_2018_03_10_07_55_28.png

I thought this dragon only had one set of sprites for both sexes.

That second sprite is probably the one for the cooldown from Stun BSA ?

At least that's the case with the Aegis (there's an encyclopedia slot of both pacified and enraged forms), and Aeon (regular and 'lit up')

Edited by Aalbiel

Yep - If you look at the adult's silhouette closely, you can see the squiggles of electricity.

@jerzeeshadow the Encyclopedia Helpers thread below could help you find more bolts on cooldown to unlock the image. I've currently got one on cooldown so I'll post it in the helpers thread. :)

I know this is a pretty big ask, but would anyone be willing to hold two hatchlings for me briefly? It'd only be for four hours at the absolute most. The thing is I've managed to get myself into a bit of a situation with when my scroll becomes unlocked and when some stuff I have coming in from IOUs to me grows up... so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks! :)

Edited by Irabane

49 minutes ago, Irabane said:

I know this is a pretty big ask, but would anyone be willing to hold two hatchlings for me briefly? It'd only be for four hours at the absolute most. The thing is I've managed to get myself into a bit of a situation with when my scroll becomes unlocked and when some stuff I have coming in from IOUs to me grows up... so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was just about to PM you, but I see Fuzz beat me to it.

For future reference, requests like this should probably go here:

24 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I was just about to PM you, but I see Fuzz beat me to it.

For future reference, requests like this should probably go here:

Whoops, I'll keep that thread in mind for future reference. Thanks for the heads-up!

There's probably a thread or post about this somewhere, but when did a dragon's progeny list switch to become sorted by date? It definitely wasn't that way before. I'm not bothered by the change, it's more organized than... whatever way it was sorted previously, but I'm curious.

Edited by Nine

8 minutes ago, Nine said:

There's probably a thread or post about this somewhere, but when did a dragon's progeny list switch to become sorted by date? It definitely wasn't that way before. I'm not bothered by the change, it's more organized than... whatever way it was sorted previously, but I'm curious.

I think it may have been last August, when several other changes to the site went live, too. It used to be sorted by mate's code.

That long ago, huh? Shows how much I pay attention. Never realized it sorted by code either, though that does make a lot of sense. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Nine said:

That long ago, huh? Shows how much I pay attention. Never realized it sorted by code either, though that does make a lot of sense. Thanks!

Well, at least you won't need to get used to sorting by mate's stolen date:

Does anyone know how the magis on the Active Transfers page are sorted? I'm assuming it must be something to do with which you've used recently or somesuch, but I haven't really kept track of that so I'm not sure? It's definitely not by date stolen or grown, I can see that much.

8 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Does anyone know how the magis on the Active Transfers page are sorted? I'm assuming it must be something to do with which you've used recently or somesuch, but I haven't really kept track of that so I'm not sure? It's definitely not by date stolen or grown, I can see that much.

I've taken a look at my Magis and I think they sort by code - First numbers, then upper case letters(alphabetically), then lower-case letters(also alphabetically). They always sort in the same order so I don't think it's by recent use.

The first letters of my Magis for reference, in order: 1, H, J, M, P, T, b, n

Yeah, it seems to be sorted by code as Sky says. I had never noticed before!

On 1/29/2018 at 9:38 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Scroll records hasn't consistently worked right for ages.

Greetings... I'm still not able to "Check Scroll" on DC Records.  I've cleared my cache, and tried from two different browsers.  

Any news about if this is being looked into?