Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As one with lineages with names from several such scrolls - please no.

Seconded.  It would be even more sad to lose lineage names on top of losing people I once traded with.

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

As one with lineages with names from several such scrolls - please no.

Thirded. :(

The lineage thing - fine, I hadn't considered it, although personally I would still prefer the burnt scroll names be released, I do see your point.

The "oh it's so sad to lose the memory of the people those scrolls belonged to" or something..... They obviously did something fairly majorly against the rules if their scroll got burnt, they didn't tragically die of a disease, I don't think that sort of sentiment has any place in the debate, at the risk of antagonising probably a bunch of people.

That still doesn't mean you cannot personally like someone, despite rulebreakings. Feelings aren't logical nor are they strictly black or white, good or evil.

You may not have any attachments to any of these players, but others do - that's not a debatable thing at all.

17 hours ago, lovecats99 said:

Is there any reason why names taken by burnt scrolls remain/are not removed from those scrolls? I found a burnt scroll with a a lot of desirable names and would like know why names remain despite being inaccessible to the initial scroll owner.

You can always use a version of the name for some of them. Just use an extra space between words. Or use a 1 instead of a lowercase l(L) or an uppercase I(i).

4 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

You can always use a version of the name for some of them. Just use an extra space between words. Or use a 1 instead of a lowercase l(L) or an uppercase I(i).

I can't do that with all the names, i'm afraid, but thanks anyway for the tip: i'll keep that in mind. :) The names taken by the burnt scroll are just hoarded and are not sorted into a sweet-looking lineage at all, sadly, though I do now understand the debate on why burnt scrolls retain their names a little better, now.

Just now, teresadurfin said:

How hard is it to kill an adult dragon?  I was checking out the wild dragon page and found this: https://dragcave.net/lineage/rgLm

It kind of depends on random chance/luck, in my experience. I kill a lot for zombie attempts, and sometimes adults will die the first attempt... Others I've tried to kill them multiple times with no luck. Adults can only die by deliberately using the 'Kill' action, though, they can't die on accident through sickness or anything like that.

zombie: these are obtained by killing an adult during Halloween.  These stay with the scroll.

If an adult is killed any time outside of the Halloween period, they won't turn into a zombie and will just be a 'tombstone' which will eventually disappear from the scroll.

That's my understanding from reading the FAQ from TJ.  Did I get this right?

Edited by teresadurfin

11 minutes ago, teresadurfin said:

zombie: these are obtained by killing an adult during Halloween.  These stay with the scroll.

If an adult is killed any time outside of the Halloween period, they won't turn into a zombie and will just be a 'tombstone' which will eventually disappear from the scroll.

That's my understanding from reading the FAQ from TJ.  Did I get this right?

No, that's no longer correct. It *used* to be that they could only be made on Halloween, but now you can make them all year, just with varying degrees of success... The odds go, from worst to best: daytime any day of the month, nighttime any day of the month, nighttime on the 31st of any month, Halloween. ('nighttime' meaning between midnight and 6am DragonCave-time).

7 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

The lineage thing - fine, I hadn't considered it, although personally I would still prefer the burnt scroll names be released, I do see your point.

The "oh it's so sad to lose the memory of the people those scrolls belonged to" or something..... They obviously did something fairly majorly against the rules if their scroll got burnt,

In the case of the two burned scrolls I have particularly in mind - no, they didn't.

Are some individual dragons coded to get more Alt offspring? I'm asking because I recently bred a bunch of Blacks, and the only Alt I got was from the one pair that had produced an Alt at their one earlier breeding attempt. Also, I have this Dark Green Dragon. Three of its 6 Dark Green descendants are Alts.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/UyAMT

Edited by Fly-by-Night

Why isn't there an established 'timeline' for the Alt Black hatchling to switch between sitting and curled up?

For instance, you can determine which Lunar Herald you'll get through the phases of the moons.  And the current season affects the type of Seasonal Egg you'll get.  But is there a way to determine ahead of time when the Alt Black sprites switch from sitting to curled or back again?

I'm just imagining how frustrating it might be, considering the already limited chance of actually getting an Alt Black, to want a particular type of Alt Black hatchiling only to get the other type.

Alt blacks seem to behave more like, say, Gemshards or Nebulas, in that it's totally random whether you get a sitting or curled up one... I remember long ago there would sometimes be phases where one was way more common to get then the other, but to my knowledge there is no actual pattern and no way to tell ahead of time or influence what type you get. 

1 hour ago, Fly-by-Night said:

Are some individual dragons coded to get more Alt offspring? I'm asking because I recently bred a bunch of Blacks, and the only Alt I got was from the one pair that had produced an Alt at their one earlier breeding attempt. Also, I have this Dark Green Dragon. Three of its 6 Dark Green descendants are Alts.

https://dragcave.net/progeny/UyAMT

No, I'm pretty sure it is just chance. Random chance could easily produce the examples you cited.

Popping in again, where do people get those purple RPG with the gold border banners that have their scroll info from? I've looked across the Click sites but haven't found one that looks like that. Also, this is just due to curiosity, does releasing dragons detract from how many dragons you've grown, or is it cumulative?

14 minutes ago, Chronomaly said:

Popping in again, where do people get those purple RPG with the gold border banners that have their scroll info from? I've looked across the Click sites but haven't found one that looks like that. Also, this is just due to curiosity, does releasing dragons detract from how many dragons you've grown, or is it cumulative?

SkyWolf25.png

You mean this? :)

The code is this:

[img=https://dcrecords.tj09.net/banner/username here.png]

And yes, to my knowledge, releasing and killing dragons both detract from your grown dragon count.

Edited by SkyWolf25

Is there any way to remove attachments from a post that was hidden?

Usually I attach images to my trade posts, and whenever I post newer trades with the same image, the attachment gets transferred to one of the new posts and I can remove everything from the older posts. This time it didn't happen and the image was 'stuck' in the old post, so without thinking I hid it because the image was just stubbornly hanging there alone. But once my current trade is complete or expired, I'll want to remove the image and delete it from attachments, and it's still attached to the original post, which I can no longer access...

What do I do? XD Is there anything I could do on my own to fix it, or, if not, would a mod be able to help me out maybe?

Ty and sorry :P 

Edited by Tears in Rain

17 minutes ago, Tears in Rain said:

Is there any way to remove attachments from a post that was hidden?

Usually I attach images to my trade posts, and whenever I post newer trades with the same image, the attachment gets transferred to one of the new posts and I can remove everything from the older posts. This time it didn't happen and the image was 'stuck' in the old post, so without thinking I hid it because the image was just stubbornly hanging there alone. But once my current trade is complete or expired, I'll want to remove the image and delete it from attachments, and it's still attached to the original post, which I can no longer access...

What do I do? XD Is there anything I could do on my own to fix it, or, if not, would a mod be able to help me out maybe?

Ty and sorry :P 

11th posted an explanation here that seems to work:

Can you try adding the attachment to a new post and seeing if you can then delete it from there? :) Hopefully that works!

Just now, StormWizard212 said:

11th posted an explanation here that seems to work:

Can you try adding the attachment to a new post and seeing if you can then delete it from there? :) Hopefully that works!

Jeez, I didn't guess to look through the New Forum topic first, and that's a recent post too, lol - I see, that makes sense! 

Yep, just tried this and it looks like it works :lol: I inserted the image again from existing attachments, and now it shows up under the new post available for deletion. Thank you! :wub: 

Is there a way to either burn a scroll or change the name on it? A friend just created his own scroll after seeing how much I enjoy the game, but he mistyped the name and now there's a random capital letter in it. :(

There is no way to change usernames, this is something people have been asking for but as of now it isn't a possibility. Presumably since your friend just started and he probably has no dragons, he should log out and just Sign Up for a new account, this time without the typo ^^ The old scroll will stay but it's not hurting anyone.

Edited by Aalbiel

Just now, Aalbiel said:

There is no way to change usernames, this is something people have been asking for but as of now it isn't a possibility. Presumably since your friend just started and he probably has no dragons, he should log out and just Register a new account, this time without the typo ^^ The old scroll will stay but it's not hurting anyone

The thing is, it isn't a typo, it's a randomly capitalized letter. Like Moonshark instead of MoonShark (for example). He's going to try again, but I'm worried it won't work since capitalization isn't really a thing in scroll names (you can find mine as moonshark or Moonshark or MOONshark or any combination thereof).

Ah, damn :/ In that case, no, as far as I'm aware (and I just had a look to check) you can't burn your scroll so until TJ decides to bestow upon us the ability to change usernames, I think he's stuck. Otherwise he could choose another scroll name but I'm aware many people are quite attached to their internet handles....

Just now, Aalbiel said:

Ah, damn :/ In that case, no, as far as I'm aware (and I just had a look to check) you can't burn your scroll so until TJ decides to bestow upon us the ability to change usernames, I think he's stuck. Otherwise he could choose another scroll name but I'm aware many people are quite attached to their internet handles....

He's been using this handle since he started gaming, so yeah, not going to want to change it. XD  I'll message TJ and see if he can do something, because I know how annoying it can be to have a typo like that!