Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

6 minutes ago, Dracaena said:

Not sure if this needs it's own thread or not.  When using the fertility filter if you try to find your new Floral-Crowned valentine dragons they don't show up if you use breed name.  Floral gets no matches and crowned yields yellow-crowned.

Do you have them unlocked in the encyclopedia yet? You can't filter them without having their breed page unlocked. (I have them unlocked and filtering does work.)

7 minutes ago, 11th said:

Do you have them unlocked in the encyclopedia yet? You can't filter them without having their breed page unlocked. (I have them unlocked and filtering does work.)

Huh,  guess eggs, ungendered and gender hatchling sprites aren't enough.  I'll just have to remember their codes,  don't have the patience to hunt other people's scrolls to figure out where they hid their two new cb floral-crowned. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up!

Edited by Dracaena

Just now, Dracaena said:

Huh,  guess eggs, ungendered and gender hatchling sprites aren't enough.  I'll just have to remember their codes,  don't have the patience to hunt other people's scrolls to figure out where they hid their two new cb floral-crowned. :rolleyes:

If you need adults, I'm sure some people over in the Encyclopedia Helpers thread wouldn't mind linking theirs~

How do people here upload transparent images in their signature without the grey box around it? I tried downloading the direct sprites from dragcave and putting them in my sig but they have a grey border box around even though they are transparent. I see other users that don't have this problem so I'm not sure what is going on with me.

15 minutes ago, Chronomaly said:

How do people here upload transparent images in their signature without the grey box around it? I tried downloading the direct sprites from dragcave and putting them in my sig but they have a grey border box around even though they are transparent. I see other users that don't have this problem so I'm not sure what is going on with me.

Are you using Firefox and viewing them in your browser? If so, downloading it and viewing it in some other program or on the forum itself should fix it; firefox is a little strange with transparency when viewing an image directly.

@Chronomaly Images that are added as attachments through the forum will have the border. You can copy the attached image's URL and paste to avoid it. Alternatively, you can use an outside image host, such as Imgur.

Edited by 11th

9 hours ago, Chronomaly said:

This thread will  give you codes for egg and hatchling images.

Testing:

08qR99y.gif   R9Lz0S4.gif

If those are the ones you wanted - I put them into imgur....

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Does anyone know if there are any hatcheries that automatically move ER-timed dragons into their ER without the user having to do it? Like, I if I had an egg at 4 days 1 hour and put it in the hatchery, when it got down to ER-status the hatchery would automatically add it the the ER section... I feel like there used to be a hatchery that did that but I have no idea if it still does or what hatchery it was?

Silvi's as well, as far as I recall.

AoND and DragHatch do not do that, as far as I recall.

.... I'm pretty sure HC doesn't. I've always had to go click the "ER" box manually after my eggs hit 4d.

I was checking records on AOND and I note with interest that my oldest dragon is a Sino from Dec 31, 1969 . I would REALLY prefer it to show my actual oldest one; is this a glitch ? - the Sino's page shows its date correctly as Sept 2017...

Also of course they now show as winners for lowest views and UVs which is mildly annoying.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

5 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I was checking records on AOND and I note with interest that my oldest dragon is a Sino from Dec 31, 1969 . I would REALLY prefer it to show my actual oldest one; is this a glitch ? - the Sino's page shows its date correctly as Sept 2017...

API glitch, I'd say. Technically, the Sino has no "egg stolen" date since it has no (known) egg stage, so it gets to be born "just before" the technical minimum as defined for most webserver software, which is 1970-01-01 00:00:00:000000 minus one fraction of a second (I forgot the exact size of that fraction).

Well sure - but I'd like it fixed. Actually I KNOW which my oldest is, but the fewest views etc I might like to look up...

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well sure - but I'd like it fixed. Actually I KNOW which my oldest is, but the fewest views etc I might like to look up...

You know, if you'd like something fixed, make a thread for it ;) As far as we've been told, TJ doesn't really check for glitches in the tiny little questions.

From the fansites side, I think bbik said they'd look into ignoring Sinos for records, but lack of time has prevented that so far.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Well if bbik is onto it... :)

I didn't think it was BIG enough for a thread...

8 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

.... I'm pretty sure HC doesn't. I've always had to go click the "ER" box manually after my eggs hit 4d.

No, it does. It doesn't always add them immediately, but it does add them. Many times I've gone to put stuff in the ER to find the ER box already checked.

Edited by songwithnosoul

Is there any reason why names taken by burnt scrolls remain/are not removed from those scrolls? I found a burnt scroll with a a lot of desirable names and would like know why names remain despite being inaccessible to the initial scroll owner.

As one with lineages with names from several such scrolls - please no.