Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

1 hour ago, teresadurfin said:

march 2018 release: I am TOTALLY egg locked at the moment .... *come on, eggs HATCH!!!!*  how long will the new eggs drop?  I've been monitoring the caves and noticed eggs in alpine and forest got snapped within 30 secs!! I'm afraid I won't get new babies :(

thanks.

These are permanent, so even if you miss the initial drop they'll still be here. You can check in the AP as well. There are usually a lot just after the release.

3 hours ago, olympe said:

:D Well, it's more likely that TJ had planned it that way anyway (or that he "forgot" about Easter and the end of the month coinciding and changed his plans because of that) than that you actually made him do it - but it's still fun to mess with the almighty TJ like that. ;) 

Lol, trust me, the great TJ will have no idea I even posted!  As you said, it was a fun thing to do since we were all waiting. :)

12 minutes ago, quinney said:

Lol, trust me, the great TJ will have no idea I even posted!  As you said, it was a fun thing to do since we were all waiting. :)

Nope - it was MAGIC !

Whatever it was, it worked. ;)

I'm wondering, I want to link to my scroll on another site, is it okay to use an image of a DC dragon as a link on a different forum? It won't be edited in anyway and I will give credit underneath the image. I was thinking either using a Dark Green or Vampire dragon as the image, if that makes any difference.

5 minutes ago, vianthegryphon said:

I'm wondering, I want to link to my scroll on another site, is it okay to use an image of a DC dragon as a link on a different forum? It won't be edited in anyway and I will give credit underneath the image. I was thinking either using a Dark Green or Vampire dragon as the image, if that makes any difference.

Big no on the Vampire, possibly - with artist's permission asked - for the Dark Green. How do I know? Check out this thread, it's unfortunately incomplete but it does have many artist's policy on use of their art, in particular off-site:

As a rule of thumb though - when in doubt ask the artist. (Which artist did the sprite you're interested in? Either check the wiki or go to a dragon of that breed, the copyright info is at the bottom of the page.)

valentine 2018 activities: my friend was checking the messages and clicked the little flag next to one of the message.  I think that's the 'report this' button.  She didn't mean to.  Would that cause any problem?

She just won't be able to see it any more.

10 hours ago, teresadurfin said:

valentine 2018 activities: my friend was checking the messages and clicked the little flag next to one of the message.  I think that's the 'report this' button.  She didn't mean to.  Would that cause any problem?

You can't report+hide a message without going through a full confirmation. Which is actually currently broken anyways.

On 3/21/2018 at 1:38 AM, SkyWolf25 said:

SkyWolf25.png

You mean this? :)

The code is this:

[img=https://dcrecords.tj09.net/banner/username here.png]

And yes, to my knowledge, releasing and killing dragons both detract from your grown dragon count.

It won't work for me. Could it be because my scroll is too large? Or am I doing something wrong?  princesslucy.png

@PrincessLucy: The new board doesn't just let you put in code. You have to use the buttons…At the bottom right, you have "Insert other media". Use "Insert Image from URL". Like this: princesslucy.png

5 minutes ago, mpolo said:

@PrincessLucy: The new board doesn't just let you put in code. You have to use the buttons…At the bottom right, you have "Insert other media". Use "Insert Image from URL". Like this: princesslucy.png

Thank you so much! I still haven't gotten it to work, but when I get out of work tonight, I will try again.

6 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

Thank you so much! I still haven't gotten it to work, but when I get out of work tonight, I will try again.

That box in your sig with the code in it, highlight it with your mouse, then select the "Tx" button to try and remove that box?

because of the current release, I am paying more attention to the CB drops in the cave.

what happens to all the CBs that didn't get picked up?  The codes will be recycled?  i.e. re-generate for another egg (could be a different breed) Or once a code is assigned / generated for a breed, it will recycle at the hourly drop but the breed won't change?

PS: still no luck with the purple egg >.<

Hourly, all unpicked eggs get deleted. New eggs with the same codes may be created at a later point in time.

It's been a while since I was on, and I have a LOT of catching up to do.  Is there any way to collect a lot of dragons quickly?  I don't care if they're CB or bred or even what breed they are, I just want, like, a dragon dump, so I can reach 500 dragons, get the gold trophy, and have more egg space to start collecting the new things! :D  *impatient bouncing* 

Or is the only way to just keep hatching 6 eggs at a time for approximately the next million years.  (I have 240-ish dragons currently, I'm gonna be here a while *groan*) 
Sorry if this is a dumb question, just wondering if there's a trick I missed.

10 minutes ago, Petrel said:

It's been a while since I was on, and I have a LOT of catching up to do.  Is there any way to collect a lot of dragons quickly?  I don't care if they're CB or bred or even what breed they are, I just want, like, a dragon dump, so I can reach 500 dragons, get the gold trophy, and have more egg space to start collecting the new things! :D  *impatient bouncing* 

Or is the only way to just keep hatching 6 eggs at a time for approximately the next million years.  (I have 240-ish dragons currently, I'm gonna be here a while *groan*) 

You can grab most of your eggs from the AP, which is normally lower-timed then the biomes (the AP time is currently Incu-hatchable, which means if you use Incubate you can hatch the eggs right away!). Unfortunately there is no way to make hatchlings grow up faster (some of us have been asking for that for years). If you are dedicated and have the maximum amount of eggs/hatchlings most of the time it shouldn't take too long to hit the gold trophy... With just one more eggslot then you, when I had a gold trophy, I was able to collect over 1,000 dragons in one year.

edit: Also, if you are able to catch valuable things in the biomes, you could always trade those high-timed eggs for hatchlings, which means less time to wait until they grow up.

Edited by HeatherMarie

9 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

It won't work for me. Could it be because my scroll is too large? Or am I doing something wrong?  princesslucy.png

princesslucy.png

I didn't use any buttons- just pasted the code.

I can see the image here- is it working for you too? Just copy and past the image if it is.

32 minutes ago, SkyWolf25 said:

princesslucy.png

I didn't use any buttons- just pasted the code.

I can see the image here- is it working for you too? Just copy and past the image if it is.

Thank you.  And thank you too, Ruby Eyes.  I couldn't figure out how to quote you both.

It works!!! Yay!!!

1 hour ago, Petrel said:

In addition to what Marie said, I also encourage you to get a lot of reds. That way you can hatch things more quickly by using the Incubate BSA.

Ever since the new release eggs have mixed in with the others, I haven't seen a single Albino dragon, however, more Blacks. Have Albinos become uncommon?

1 hour ago, Andromen said:

Ever since the new release eggs have mixed in with the others, I haven't seen a single Albino dragon, however, more Blacks. Have Albinos become uncommon?

If you're wondering this based on just a few days, then I think you'll need to wait and see how they behave for a bit longer in the future. I don't see them as much as I used to in general (I can't remember the last time I saw multiple sitting and blocking the cave like they once did) but I certainly haven't had any problem coming across them, either. In the last few days since the release, it might just have been a bit harder since there are still new eggs dropping quite frequently. Things might return to how they were prior to the release in a couple of weeks once eggs start to balance out a bit more. 

If they have become more uncommon... well, that happens sometimes. :P Lots of breeds go through periods where they're harder to catch, perhaps more sought after, perceived as more valuable, etc. But time will tell, I suppose! 

6 hours ago, PrincessLucy said:

I couldn't figure out how to quote you both.

The multiquote feature works by clicking the [+] symbol next to "quote" on each post, then clicking that little popup button in the bottom right corner that says "quote X posts" (where X is the number of posts you selected).

I caught an AP egg, abandoned it, but changed my mind to keep that egg.

It's sitting in the AP, but I can't catch it. Every time I click it, it says that someone already grabbed it, but it's still sitting in the AP. Is this a glitch?

I know that no one took this egg, as I refreshed the page > clicked the egg in a new tab > refreshed the AP and it's still there, but it says someone already took that egg. It's happening to all eggs I abandoned.