Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Does DCF no longer have a "Top" button at the bottom of the page to scroll automatically back up? I miss that, and I can't find it. 

I just noticed I have different badge for the Xmas '15. And as far as I remember I was online most of the Xmas event.... 

So my badge is a stocking image.png.72c2fcaf833539af2f1e3fe762f2cb8e.png and others seem to have a present image.png.afb0594ca5cef7c1356241fe76579593.png.  What did I miss during that event?

Edited by sroo

5 minutes ago, sroo said:

I just noticed I have different badge for the Xmas '15. And as far as I remember I was online most of the Xmas event.... 

So my badge is a stocking https://dragcave.net/images/nINo.gif and others seem to have a present https://dragcave.net/images/zKr7.gif. What did I miss during that event?

You didn't MISS stuff - the badge was different depending on whether you played NAUGHTY (stocking with coal) or NICE (present) mostly ;)

Sorry - stocking means you  didn't complete the full 12 days, coal looks different as well :blush:

All badges are in the wiki of course :)

Edited by Herk

4 minutes ago, Herk said:

You didn't MISS stuff - the badge was different depending on whether you played NAUGHTY (stocking with coal) or NICE (present) mostly ;)

^^' Oops! :lol: Thanks for the fast reply. 

+ Well it's fine. At least I have some badge. ^^ Do you know where I can find the naughty coal badge?

Edited by sroo

On the 26th I bred one of my Celestials and noticed that the cooldown for Corporealize was 28 days instead of the 30 days noted on the confirmation page. I wondered if it was just because February has 28 days, but someone else bred one earlier today and said that the cooldown was still 28 days.

If the cooldown is actually 28 days, then shouldn't the page say that instead of 30?

11 minutes ago, 11th said:

On the 26th I bred one of my Celestials and noticed that the cooldown for Corporealize was 28 days instead of the 30 days noted on the confirmation page. I wondered if it was just because February has 28 days, but someone else bred one earlier today and said that the cooldown was still 28 days.

If the cooldown is actually 28 days, then shouldn't the page say that instead of 30?

Hmm...The cooldown was changed from 30 days to 28 almost two years ago (March 2016), but I guess that message was never updated. That's odd.

Do eggs automatically hatch when they reach maturity? My eggs all have the big holes in them so is... something gonna happen? Or do I have to be checking the actions?

50 minutes ago, Xazz said:

Do eggs automatically hatch when they reach maturity? My eggs all have the big holes in them so is... something gonna happen? Or do I have to be checking the actions?

They automatically hatch when they have enough views and have 4 days and 0 hours or less on their timers. No action needed~

53 minutes ago, Xazz said:

They do require a view to hatch, but they can get that from a hatchery not just from you.  They do still have to wait until the timer hits 4 days (or less) though.

There's a thread somewhere discussing how people want to be able to display eggs on their scroll permanently right? Where? The search bar and words like "eggs scroll display" is predictably enough getting me everything and yet nothing.

If anyone knows what happened to that thread and can link me, that'd be great, thanks!

Also, thanks for the link @Ruby Eyes

Edited by ArgentiAertheri

@ArgentiAertheri The thread I started long ago was closed (though I can't remember why, I don't see TJ commenting in the last few pages of it)

This one is also closed, again not sure why:

Many of us would love to have eggs on our scroll permanently one way or another.

Hmm, I don't think I have anything better to do tomorrow, perhaps I'll go through those and compile the ideas, add mine if it's not there, and start another thread.

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

There's a thread somewhere discussing how people want to be able to display eggs on their scroll permanently right? Where? The search bar and words like "eggs scroll display" is predictably enough getting me everything and yet nothing.

If anyone knows what happened to that thread and can link me, that'd be great, thanks!

Also, thanks for the link @Ruby Eyes

There was also this one, which is not closed.  The idea was a different biome, but the eggs are actually painted rocks. 

Hi!  Anybody know what's going on?  -- the whole site was down at 3:17 EST this morning, and now the biomes are back up for me (an hour later), but I can't access my dragons page -- I get the RIP error.  Is this happening to anybody else?  Thanks!

(just checked -- I can do everything else -- pick up and abandon an AP egg, rearrange sort order, etc -- but I can't look at my dragons page.)

Edited by Kelkelen

21 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

Hi!  Anybody know what's going on?  -- the whole site was down at 3:17 EST this morning, and now the biomes are back up for me (an hour later), but I can't access my dragons page -- I get the RIP error.  Is this happening to anybody else?  Thanks!

(just checked -- I can do everything else -- pick up and abandon an AP egg, rearrange sort order, etc -- but I can't look at my dragons page.)

The site goes down every morning at 3am for maintenance, so maybe it just ran a little longer than normal.  I can see your scroll and mine.  Try clearing your cache?

29 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

The site goes down every morning at 3am for maintenance, so maybe it just ran a little longer than normal.  I can see your scroll and mine.  Try clearing your cache?

Thank you!  Cleared cache, logged out and back in, and it worked.  Must have just had a glitch! 

I have this group set to rainbow sort and even though I don't have the 'eggs and unfrozen hatchling' box ticked they keep defaulting to the top. I really want all the colours grouped together so I can tell at a glance what colours I need for a Summon. Is it a glitch or is it just set up that the eggs/hatchlings will always be on top no matter what?

I don't find that any group I have stays sorted; every time I go, I have to re-sort them.

Do Celestial/Aegis pairings take a while to produce an egg? I was gifted a mate for my 2g Aegis a while ago and twice they have given me no egg (the first time they showed little interest in each other). I also tried breeding my own CB Aegis with a Celestial and they didn't give me any eggs either.

(I used Fertility for the first time breedings and the second time too, if I remember correctly.)

6 hours ago, marienine said:

Do Celestial/Aegis pairings take a while to produce an egg? I was gifted a mate for my 2g Aegis a while ago and twice they have given me no egg (the first time they showed little interest in each other). I also tried breeding my own CB Aegis with a Celestial and they didn't give me any eggs either.

(I used Fertility for the first time breedings and the second time too, if I remember correctly.)

some pairs are just stubborn.  I once breed a dragon every week for over a year to multiple mates before getting an egg.  (some refusals, but mostly no interest)  some dragons are really picky like that.

On 3/2/2018 at 9:31 AM, hazeh said:

Does DCF no longer have a "Top" button at the bottom of the page to scroll automatically back up? I miss that, and I can't find it. 

I just discovered that if you're at the bottom of a page and you click on the page number that's the same as the one you're on, it'll take you back to the top.  (This is page 476, so if I go to the bottom and click on 476, it'll take me back to the top of 476.)  Maybe that can be used as a workaround in some cases?

2 hours ago, Cielmuir said:

I just discovered that if you're at the bottom of a page and you click on the page number that's the same as the one you're on, it'll take you back to the top.  (This is page 476, so if I go to the bottom and click on 476, it'll take me back to the top of 476.)  Maybe that can be used as a workaround in some cases?

This is what I do personally to go back to the top/refresh the page.

Are certain dragon breeds harder to hatch than other eggs?

I have this Zyu that had a similar time left some other eggs, for example a nexus(minus a few hours compared to the zyu) and an aeon(plus three more hours).

I've put them in hatcheries at the same time, and they had a very similar amount of views, UVs and clicks. But it didn't have even a crack, while the other two had big holes.

Now I've lost patience and incubated the zyu, making an ER. After that, for about 2 hours, it got like about +1500 views, +130 uvs (and +1 click, if it matters!) but it's still so far away from hatching(about stage 2 or 3 egg sprite). I'm starting to think that zyus are harder to hatch, or there's something wrong with my zyu (just joking XD)