Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

14 minutes ago, TOP said:

Are certain dragon breeds harder to hatch than other eggs?

Yes. Some are considered "stubborn", even TJ has said as such in the Frequently Asked Questions thread. I'm not certain about Zyus, but yes, there are certain breeds that take longer to hatch even when ER.

Patience is a virtue~ :lol:

@Fabula I've been playing DC for like 10 years(with a lot of hiatus), and now I realize there are such stubborn breeds! I'll be re-reading the FAQ thread, thank you <3

Edit : No wonder it seemed so unusual, I don't really grow prizes on my scroll. Thanks for the additional infos!

Edited by TOP

Yep, Zyumorphs are one of the stubborn breeds. Also Tinsels, Shimmers and Avatars... probably others as well, those are just the ones I know from personal experience. XD

AND Zyus get sick at the drop of a hat :(

Can I get a little clarification on the Trading section rule about only bumping posts every 24 hours? That's only for the same trade, right? Like, if I post a trade for egg A at 1pm today, I wouldn't be able to re-post or bump the trade for egg A until tomorrow at 1pm. But what about new trades, like if the egg A trade is completed, can I post a trade for egg B before those 24 hours are up? I've been posting under the assumption that that's okay, but I'd like to be sure.

14 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Can I get a little clarification on the Trading section rule about only bumping posts every 24 hours? That's only for the same trade, right? Like, if I post a trade for egg A at 1pm today, I wouldn't be able to re-post or bump the trade for egg A until tomorrow at 1pm. But what about new trades, like if the egg A trade is completed, can I post a trade for egg B before those 24 hours are up? I've been posting under the assumption that that's okay, but I'd like to be sure.

New trades can be posted. I'm pretty sure it is even okay to repost an old trade if you are adding a new "have" as well. Just no bumping old trades with no new offering.

Edited by purplehaze

2 hours ago, coo_ said:

Is the cave lagging for anyone rn?

It has been a bit, yes.  It seems to be getting worse.

Edited by Imzadi

2 hours ago, coo_ said:

It's not just you, lots of lag here as well. ><

Does editing in a ping(@) still alert someone? 

1 hour ago, SkyWolf25 said:

Does editing in a ping(@) still alert someone? 

Yes, it will do. I got a notification a few days back when someone edited their post adding my name.

You're welcome @SkyWolf25 :)

Edited by rinoa26

1 hour ago, rinoa26 said:

Yes, it will do. I got a notification a few days back when someone edited their post adding my name.

Thank you! I'd attempted to experiment by tagging myself, but it didn't even show up in the tag history. xP

Do we need a thread for MAN the cave is getting laggier by the hour ? Or is TJ aware ?

I'm definitely feeling a lag similar to how it was in early January. Luckily it got better for me just in time for Valentine's, but now it's getting slow again. I try not to go egg hunting in the caves because I can't catch eggs as well as I usually would.

12 hours ago, coo_ said:

Its getting worse for me. Already cleaned c/c several times too, thinking that was the issue, but any other site I visit, is fine.

Yeah it's pretty horrible for me too, at this point - considering multiple identical reports - I can assume the issue is not on our end.

Yup, definite lag. I assumed it was because I had like 50 tabs open (mostly other sites), but closing them all and restarting my browser didn't change it, and now I see that others are noticing it too.

On another issue - I have several times gone to breed and found that the chosen mate doesn't show up; doing it the other way around - from that missing mate - finds the other just fine. What causes this - it's VERY annoying.... It should show all available mates every time, shouldn't it ?

DC is so laggy for me. The Cave is...

I don't think this is normal.

Cache etc. is all cleared though...

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

On another issue - I have several times gone to breed and found that the chosen mate doesn't show up; doing it the other way around - from that missing mate - finds the other just fine. What causes this - it's VERY annoying.... It should show all available mates every time, shouldn't it ?

This. So annoying!

So not just me. That's good, even though I am sorry for you !

So, recently I seen in the Rare Trading Bazaar that, Zyus are not considered rare? How come Xenos are considered rare but Zyus aren't? I mean, there's six different ones, just like Xenos, and unlike Xenos they have a BSA when you get one full set (Like the Legendary trio) And as far as I can tell, they drop about the same as Xenos? (I know I feel like I'm back hunting for Xenos all over again :rolleyes:)

I don't personally care, so please don't think I'm griping because I'm not, I am just like super curious about this. :)

Also on a somewhat similar note of dragon rarity, has the rarity for Almandines been lowered? Because, after being here for a couple years I got like three Almandines in a matter of months and I see them a lot more in the cave now, and they just sit there forever! I couldn't touch them before because they'd get snatched so fast. :blink:

Idk about Almandines, but I agree about Zyus. I've seen them even less than Xenos in the cave and you can't even breed one type of Zyu from the others, as opposed to Xenos. I think it's all a bit subjective but whoever put up the rules of that thread doesn't "consider" Zyus to be as rare as Xenos.