Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Can anyone tell me what's this little dude's problem? He's past hatching date, has a lot of views...is he too low on clicks and UVs to start hatching? It doesn't even look like his egg has started cracking!

https://dragcave.net/lineage/kwg8T

Maybe I just can't see it because the egg is black, but I'm worried he won't hatch!

He's a zyu. They need LOTS of views - AND they also get sick a lot.

Where have you got him ?

22 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

He's a zyu. They need LOTS of views - AND they also get sick a lot.

Where have you got him ?

He's in two hatcheries. Valley Sherwood and Silvi's Lair. That's it. I usually only need those two to hatch my eggs. I'm afraid they'll get sick if I put them in too many hatcheries. Two is usually enough. Should I add him to another one?

That is indeed a low number of UVs, I would add it to Hatchling Club if I were you.

I always ward Zyus too. The warding carries on for five hours even after they hatch which protects them until you can fog them.

Yes - I ward them now, too. They get sick if you look at them funny !

Help me find a topic or two! :) I'm fairly sure there's been a topic for help and inspiration regarding lineage plans, most likely located in Site Discussion but possibly in Breeding. I'm aware of the breed-specific breeding plan topics in Site Discussion as well as The Personal Lineage Project Home in Breeding, but I'm looking for something more general where you could e.g. ask for someone to make a mock-up of a lineage you have in mind or just ask which other breeds to pair with the ones you already have in mind. (I considered making a topic like this a while ago, but then found one that hadn't been active for some time. Too bad I didn't bump it then, because now it's lost...) Oh, and that said, if there's ever been a topic for Risensong/Setsong breeding plans, a link would be appreciated. My searches using both the forum's search function and Google have been fruitless.

//Yes, that'll be perfect! Thank you @StormWizard212 :)

Edited by Aie

@Aie is this the thread you're looking for, by any chance? :)

Edited by StormWizard212

Nothing can be relied upon :)

But my scroll is free :ph34r:

Ohhhhh... Mine is not XD But then again, it barely ever isn't :ph34r:

Thanks for the reminder, will go easy then now...

Will we get new dragons tonight? I hope so!

5 minutes ago, Bigbite said:

Will we get new dragons tonight? I hope so!

Everyone does! But nobody knows for sure ;)

I'll get us a release tomorrow by saying I think he's waiting for Easter!

1 hour ago, quinney said:

I second that! We're most definitely getting an Easter release, together with our yearly Easter egg hunt. ;)

1 hour ago, quinney said:

lol! 

In 2015 we had a release on March 28th, so I definitely wouldn't count it out yet.

The idea wasn't that we wouldn't be likely to get a release this month, it was to make it happen sooner by telling TJ we expect it later. ;) A bit of reverse psychology, really.

How long does trading cooldown go for? I accidentally snatched a Stone egg and have to wait three more hours to abandon it. I was gonna offer it as a dummy in the DC Notice Board but it's still on cooldown. Is it the same as the abandon time limit? I can't seem to find anything by looking it up online.

6 minutes ago, Chronomaly said:

How long does trading cooldown go for? I accidentally snatched a Stone egg and have to wait three more hours to abandon it. I was gonna offer it as a dummy in the DC Notice Board but it's still on cooldown. Is it the same as the abandon time limit? I can't seem to find anything by looking it up online.

Yep, it's the same as the abandon time. You need to wait 5 hours before you can abandon, offer it through a teleport or create your own teleport. :) It'll keep saying it's 'too young' until those 5 hours are up and then you can do what you want with it. 

Edited by StormWizard212

11 hours ago, olympe said:

The idea wasn't that we wouldn't be likely to get a release this month, it was to make it happen sooner by telling TJ we expect it later. ;) A bit of reverse psychology, really.

Hehehe, you can all thank me later...:lol:

:D Well, it's more likely that TJ had planned it that way anyway (or that he "forgot" about Easter and the end of the month coinciding and changed his plans because of that) than that you actually made him do it - but it's still fun to mess with the almighty TJ like that. ;) 

But there's no actual reason to believe it is an end of the month thing any more....

There may not be an actual reason, but it seems that most releases are end-of-month rather than somewhere in the middle, much less in the very first week. Well, save for May (for birthday reasons).

Let's take the regular releases from last year (broad: last week of the month):

September 30 (Bauta and Spinels)

August 28 (Khusa and Carina)

July 17 (Baikala and Script)

June 25 (Setsong, Risensong and Dusk Pygmy)

May 21 (Zyumorphs and Sinomorph) => Birthday release

April 28 (Scimitar-Winged and Sinii Krai)

March 19 (Tetra and Fire-Gems) => First regular release of the year

Let's take a look at 2016.

November 26 (Azure Glacewing, Fell and Honey Drake)

September 25 (Diamondwing and Monarch)

August 21 (Aeon Wyvern, Almerald, Dark Lumina, Kingcrowne and Kyanite Pygmy)

July 10 (Bold and Storm Rider)

May 21 (Nexus, Candelabra, Morphodrake, Tarantula Hawk Drake + re-release of Frills and Arias) => Birthday release

April 1 (Celestial) => probably in order to make us think it's a joke?

March 19 (Antarean, Sapphire) => first release of the year

Now, off to 2015:

August 29 (Lunar Heralds)

July 26 (Spirit Ward)

June 27 (Xenowyrms)

May 20 (Hooktalon, Greater Spotted Drake and Magelight Pygmy) => Birthday release

April 26 (Anagallis)

March 28 (Gemshards, Plated Colossus and Striped River)

So, we have the first-of-year release a little early. Next month will probably be the last week of the month. (Even if TJ doesn't come up with an April 1st joke, he'll probably not do another release that day. This release is just too close.) May will be on/around the 21st, June most likely last week, same as July. We might need to keep our eyes open for a surprise release on August 18, but it's not a given this will happen.

march 2018 release: I am TOTALLY egg locked at the moment .... *come on, eggs HATCH!!!!*  how long will the new eggs drop?  I've been monitoring the caves and noticed eggs in alpine and forest got snapped within 30 secs!! I'm afraid I won't get new babies :(

thanks.