Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

On 24/2/2018 at 1:31 PM, Earth Gurl said:

I can do it a bit later. :) Just PM me which posts to clear. 

Thank you @Earth Gurl will do. :)

I've got two questions about sprites, but I don't want them to come off as "I hate this!!1!". One, do water dragons have a bone caught in their throat? What is up with that lump? And two, who broke the poor albinos neck? I've got some ridiculous fish, and an axolotl, I've seen plenty of absurd animal positions, but that neck just looks painful!

1 hour ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

I've got two questions about sprites, but I don't want them to come off as "I hate this!!1!". One, do water dragons have a bone caught in their throat? What is up with that lump? And two, who broke the poor albinos neck? I've got some ridiculous fish, and an axolotl, I've seen plenty of absurd animal positions, but that neck just looks painful!

If by lump you mean that part circled red here, I think that's probably the fin (the rest of it is hidden under water):

water.png.3ad1449e715a335f9a84d7f299e5eb64.png

3 hours ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

And two, who broke the poor albinos neck? I've got some ridiculous fish, and an axolotl, I've seen plenty of absurd animal positions, but that neck just looks painful!

It makes my neck hurt just looking at them, which is why I don't do much with them in spite of the fact that their coloring looks good with so many other things. :lol:

3 hours ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

And two, who broke the poor albinos neck? I've got some ridiculous fish, and an axolotl, I've seen plenty of absurd animal positions, but that neck just looks painful!

Personally the way it looks just puts me in mind of a baby bird waiting to be fed by it's mother. Kind of like this It is a bit more...extreme but, that's just how I like to view it so I'm not thinking "Ouch" :lol:

Bird can do amazing things with their necks.    Some, like the great blue heron below have a different shape to at least some of the cervical vertebrae .  Some, like the bald eagle have more cervical vertebrae (14) which account for the ability to turn their heads so far.  Etc etc.

Image result for great blue heron pics

I guess I'll attempt to file that away in my brain next to "how does my tortoise hide his head", cuz yeah… I should've thought of that.

This isn't really a tiny question, but I feel stupid starting a thread for it, is there anyway to access posts from before the forum conversion? I'm trying to track down some olddddd lineage stuff and it's not on the (not actually) new forum, and the way back machine doesn't seem to have it either. I'm up a creek huh? (The Wonderland Lineage, early 2010 I think?)

Edited by ArgentiAertheri
It's thread id 75588 that I'm looking for, but the id number doesn't seem to be enough and it's not buried in the breeding forum either :(

1 hour ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

I guess I'll attempt to file that away in my brain next to "how does my tortoise hide his head", cuz yeah… I should've thought of that.

This isn't really a tiny question, but I feel stupid starting a thread for it, is there anyway to access posts from before the forum conversion? I'm trying to track down some olddddd lineage stuff and it's not on the (not actually) new forum, and the way back machine doesn't seem to have it either. I'm up a creek huh? (The Wonderland Lineage, early 2010 I think?)

Yeah, I think you are up a creek there. I've tried multiple times to find super-old posts, like 2009, and haven't figured out a way to. The way back machine doesn't seem to really have any actual forum threads archived that I've found. 

edit: Although, if I look at my profile, my 'activity' lists posts from Sept 2009 and on, so if what you are looking for was actually in 2010 it might possibly still be here somewhere...

Edited by HeatherMarie

Well poop. My activity includes dates around when my Wonderland Lineage dragons hatched, and were likely named, and thus posted about, but nope, nada, zip, zilch. It's like the thread never existed! There's even a user account for the lineage, but it has 0 posts. Even digging through ancient PMs I can't find it.

On the plus side, I suppose this means I could do a personal lineage based of the ones I have and no one would care, but urghhh, I hate when things disappear!

Thanks anyways @HeatherMarie:)

Couple questions!

1. Is there a thread/service where others can influence an egg for you? (Also, since influence is lost when abandoning/teleporting, does this mean they'd have to hold it until it hatches?)

2. When it comes to inbreeding, is there a general consensus for when users no longer consider it inbred? (i.e. After x amount of generations) Or is it always inbred regardless?

There is the 'random scroll help' thread, which is most likely where you could ask for someone to influence an egg for you. And yes, they would keep it until it hatches so the influence wouldn't wear off. 

Regarding inbred, in general once inbred always inbred. There may be an exception to that if the inbred-causing dragons are killed and no longer show up in the lineage, but otherwise it doesn't matter how far back the inbreeding happened. Though keep in mind, inbreeding is totally a personal preference, and some people don't mind it at all (some of us deliberately collect inbreds).

This is the only thread I know specifically for influencing, however since the last post was in January 14th, I think your better bet would be with the thread HeatherMarie suggested. And like she said about the inbreeding, once inbred, always inbred.

4 hours ago, ArgentiAertheri said:

Well poop. My activity includes dates around when my Wonderland Lineage dragons hatched, and were likely named, and thus posted about, but nope, nada, zip, zilch. It's like the thread never existed! There's even a user account for the lineage, but it has 0 posts. Even digging through ancient PMs I can't find it.

That probably means that the according thread was closed and hidden or removed.

i'm just curious ... when did DC start? the dragcave site bottom stated 'Dragon Cave Copyright © 2006–2018 T.J. Lipscomb.'  but when 2006?  anyone knows?

When trying to view my scroll as others see it using the user/goldensunrise I get an error, tried in 2 browsers. Just me, or is the user/scroll name not working? I can't seem to see anyone's scroll that way. 

11 minutes ago, Golden said:

When trying to view my scroll as others see it using the user/goldensunrise I get an error, tried in 2 browsers. Just me, or is the user/scroll name not working? I can't seem to see anyone's scroll that way. 

Just checked and I can see your scroll that way. What error message do you get? Or is it just a blank page?

I'm getting an error/blank page when I try to view people's scrolls as well... I also noticed I'm getting an error when trying to view the teleport page (https://dragcave.net/teleport). Started happening after last nights maintenance. Maybe @TJ09 tweaked something?

Ok, then not just me then. I fully rebooted and still have the same problem. Thanks for the info!