Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Saw this little thing while looking at encyclopedia entries yeasterday.

http://imgur.com/YhupBWz

apparently, I raised 2 anagallis dergs and owned 1 hatchling.  Somehow the stats seem a little off to me.

another little question I have is about ‘fancy apostrophes’.  iPhone users, like myself, can’t use apostrophes when naming our dragons as they are not considered a character.  We also couldn’t use them during the card event, which annoyed me to no end as Im and Ive just don’t work.  However, I don’t think iPhones have an option to configure the keyboard, so we’re stuck with no apostrophes on dragons.  It seems to be a more recent problem with the new keyboard update since my previous iPhone which didn’t have iOS 11 never had this problem.  While it’s only a smal portion of players who have this problem, it’s kind of an annoying problem to have to deal with.

15 minutes ago, Draconiusultamius said:

another little question I have is about ‘fancy apostrophes’.  iPhone users, like myself, can’t use apostrophes when naming our dragons as they are not considered a character.  We also couldn’t use them during the card event, which annoyed me to no end as Im and Ive just don’t work.  However, I don’t think iPhones have an option to configure the keyboard, so we’re stuck with no apostrophes on dragons.  It seems to be a more recent problem with the new keyboard update since my previous iPhone which didn’t have iOS 11 never had this problem.  While it’s only a smal portion of players who have this problem, it’s kind of an annoying problem to have to deal with.

I think I can help you out with this. I am also an iPhone user. Go into your settings. Go to General. Go to Keyboard. Turn off Smart Punctuation. I just tested it and it changed the "fancy apostrophes" to normal ones. :)

2 hours ago, Draconiusultamius said:

Interesting. I didn't realize it was iOS doing this.

For things like dragon names, I can probably normalize the characters. I didn't want to do that for messages because the risk of it going wrong was higher, but names already normalize in certain places anyways (try putting a fancy apostrophe in a /view/n/<name> URL, it should work).

Am I alone here ? Whenever I put a smiley in a post, and go to add text further back in the post it ALWAYS shows up after the smiley and I have to move it again - even if I carefully move the cursor to the bit I want to change. It's like the smiley acts like a "go to the end of the line" key. But I didn't hit that one, so...

Does this happen to me? Testing. :blink:

No, it seems everything stayed put. I added that first sentence after putting in the smiley.

Edited by purplehaze

So what happend to all those flowers we gathered? I don't see them anywhere, only the cards we got sent.

Fuzzbucket, I haven't had that problem....

5 minutes ago, maylin said:

So what happend to all those flowers we gathered? I don't see them anywhere, only the cards we got sent.

Tj confirmed fairly early on in the event that only the cards would stay, hence everyone's rush to send/receive one card of each flower to make sure they would get to keep all the flowers. Sorry, flowers are gone.

41 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Am I alone here ? Whenever I put a smiley in a post, and go to add text further back in the post it ALWAYS shows up after the smiley and I have to move it again - even if I carefully move the cursor to the bit I want to change. It's like the smiley acts like a "go to the end of the line" key. But I didn't hit that one, so...

Yeah, upon hitting space (anywhere in the same line), the editor turns your smiley characters into an image and places the cursor behind it, quite annoyingly.

Ah. so it isn't just me. Thanks :)

I was just about to say damn I am an idiot, from the previous posts !!!

48 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You mean type a thing -> type out a face -> click somewhere else before you press space -> B) press space, and the cursor moves to the end of the line, right?

Yeah that's a thing. The box seems to assume you left off at the end of the line after "processing"(?) the text to replace with an image, and the cursor only moves to the end after pressing space, not any other key. I've just learned to get used to it...

Edit: :ph34r: slow typing

Edited by Dirtytabs

I'm still logged into DC on my mobile, and now I'm at my desktop, and I'm still logged in there, too. I feel like I used to get automatically logged out whenever I switched devices.

Is this new? Or something I just missed? ... Or just me?

Edited by Toyo

10 minutes ago, Toyo said:

I'm still logged into DC on my mobile, and now I'm at my desktop, and I'm still logged in there, too. I feel like I used to get automatically logged out whenever I switched devices.

Is this new? Or something I just missed? ... Or just me?

I have always been logged out of one device when I switch to another. I just tested and when I logged in on hubby's computer it logged me out on my laptop.

Why did Sock Puppet Strangler become Obscure_trash this afternoon?  I was surprised at the change, though her dragons on the first page are still the same and named--

I am also logged in on mobile and desktop.  I thought it was odd that I didn't have to log in when I went onto desktop this afternoon.  Just checked and I'm still in on mobile, so neither switch (this AM or this PM) booted  me off the other.

4 minutes ago, Brekke said:

Why did Sock Puppet Strangler become Obscure_trash this afternoon?  I was surprised at the change, though her dragons on the first page are still the same and named--

She posted on her profile 

I felt the username change necessary to help me fade out of DC.

So there's that. :/

1 minute ago, Herk said:

She posted on her profile 

So there's that. :/

Oh whoops--didn't see that!  It's a shame, a real shame.  It's kind of sad to see that on pinned threads, etc.

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I have always been logged out of one device when I switch to another. I just tested and when I logged in on hubby's computer it logged me out on my laptop.

Hmm ... weird. Thanks for checking :)

@Imzadi The switch usually boots me off, too. Confusing but convenient, since I don't use any other device besides my mobile or personal computer to do dragcave, but potentially bad for users who forgot to log out of a shared/public thing? 

6 minutes ago, Brekke said:

Oh whoops--didn't see that!  It's a shame, a real shame.  It's kind of sad to see that on pinned threads, etc.

It is kind of the only way she can explain what happened. She is very much missed, And people need to know. It is sad. What happened is what is most sad.

On 2018-02-20 at 3:23 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

I only see one on your scroll... did you vamp/zombie one ?

I doubt I could have bitten a adult.  I do vaguely remember having another anagallis at some point, but I can never recall what happened to it.  It's entirely possible that it was a failed zombie, but I may have also set it free.