Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Boy oh boy I sure hope so! An Easter event this year would be fantastic. I find this breeding chicken discovery very interesting.

I know right? My flock is all a-flutter. user posted imageuser posted image

Can Yellow Undines be CB? Or are they like the blacks and vines?

Can Yellow Undines be CB? Or are they like the blacks and vines?

They're like alt Blacks and Vines - bred only.

They're like alt Blacks and Vines - bred only.

Ahhh, I see. Thank you for the info!

What happened to the thread I was just posting in, where cajunsun said her scroll had been burned?

Um...maybe TJ deleted it?

What happened to the thread I was just posting in, where cajunsun said her scroll had been burned?

Honestly, it seemed a bit silly to me for users to argue over who was in the right when no one but cajunsun and TJ know any of the details, and that seemed to be mostly what the thread was.

Here is my reminder that this is between the user and the admin and that dragging things into the open like they were can turn things into a bit of a mob when only one side of the story is given: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=9455281

Please leave the business between cajunsun and TJ between cajunsun and TJ. You and I do not know what TJ looked into or what he found, so we really cannot say much about the situation except "you would have to ask TJ". We could guess and make assumptions, but they were merely be assumptions.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I know for sure Prizes, Brimstones, and Firegems are stubborn and need more views than average, but I'm not sure about Nhios-I don't remember any of mine being problem children.

kk thank you! Now that I came back to think again I guess my Nhios did not hatch because I incubated it when it was 5 day exact with 500+ views but no crack. Anyways thanks for the info ^-^

EDIT: And thank you everyone above who answered my question (too lazy to quote everyone)

Edited by IOU

wut? - me goes to check

It's in the list but you get the information that the chicken (this dragon) cannot breed when you try to actually DO it biggrin.gif

So, Vampires are in the Fertility list too. And you get the "unable to breed" message when you try. But none of the other unbreedable dragons showed in my list. Just Vamps and Chickens. I honestly can't say if Vampires appeared in the list before, but I'm 99% certain Chickens didn't, because I've always had my chickens at the top of my scroll. I'm 1% unsure because my memory has been known to be wrong...

So, Vampires are in the Fertility list too. And you get the "unable to breed" message when you try. But none of the other unbreedable dragons showed in my list. Just Vamps and Chickens. I honestly can't say if Vampires appeared in the list before, but I'm 99% certain Chickens didn't, because I've always had my chickens at the top of my scroll. I'm 1% unsure because my memory has been known to be wrong...

Well dinos and papers don't have genders so I guess that's the difference... mmmh I wonder if someone who owns a pre-historic gendered Paper could take a look.

Well dinos and papers don't have genders so I guess that's the difference... mmmh I wonder if someone who owns a pre-historic gendered Paper could take a look.

I have gendered Papers and yes they do show up on the Fertility list. But you get the error message when you try to use the action on them.

I have gendered Papers and yes they do show up on the Fertility list. But you get the error message when you try to use the action on them.

Thanks for clearing that up, Purplehaze smile.gif

That makes total sense. Rats, I was beginning to think we really might get roosters.

Yes, thank you. It's looking like the presence of chickens on the list is just an error.

Two breeding questions:

First, is monogamy among dragons at all beneficial? Or can I make various pairs with the same bunch of dragons and have their breeding sucsessfulness remain unchanged?

Second, does inbreeding have any actual drawbacks for the inbred offspring or is it just like any other dragon?

Two breeding questions:

First, is monogamy among dragons at all beneficial? Or can I make various pairs with the same bunch of dragons and have their breeding sucsessfulness remain unchanged?

Second, does inbreeding have any actual drawbacks for the inbred offspring or is it just like any other dragon?

Nope and nope.

If ANY effect, I found it beneficial to switch partners on pairs who 'grew tired' of each other. But to be fair that's probably just 'feelings' not data. Some pairs are more compatible than others and produce more reliable but that has nothing to do with their monogamy or anything.

Edit: Inbreeding affects market value in trading but that's player driven only.

Edited by herk

Can a pair still refuse even after being bred once with no refusal?

Can a pair still refuse even after being bred once with no refusal?

Only if the pair includes a holiday dragon and you first bred the pair during the holiday's season.

Or if one of the pair is a holiday dragon that refused its intended mate but got bred to the rejected mate during the holiday season.

Been there, done that. (Although a re-refusal is not a given, either.)

im really really sorry to ask this again but i need someone to put my eggs into hatcheries again (im probably going to buy a new laptop or router because my computer freaking froze multiple times today)

im really really sorry to ask this again but i need someone to put my eggs into hatcheries again (im probably going to buy a new laptop or router because my computer freaking froze multiple times today)

Added for you!

When you freeze an ungendered hatchling, does it get a gender? Can you even do that?

When you freeze an ungendered hatchling, does it get a gender? Can you even do that?

Not anymore - it used to be like taht but if it happens now it's a glitch.

Why is a Verdigris copper dragon called a green copper when they are blue? lol