Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

What was their previous offspring? Was it Rosebuds only? If yes, then refusals can still happen on their first non-holiday breeding.

Yeah they only bred two rose buds before. That bites. Thanks for clearing that up. smile.gif

Can anyone tell me if Terra egg patterns are random or not?

I seem to remember something along the lines of bred Terra eggs matching the mother's pattern (when she was an egg) if the mother is a Terra, but I can't find anything about it and have no idea if my memory is playing tricks on me. xd.png

I recall hearing the exact same thing on the forums regarding bred Terrae egg patterns, but I've never tested it myself. I've always thought it to be true though. xd.png Not sure how the patterns are chosen on CB eggs, I would guess random.

Can anyone tell me if Terra egg patterns are random or not?

I seem to remember something along the lines of bred Terra eggs matching the mother's pattern (when she was an egg) if the mother is a Terra, but I can't find anything about it and have no idea if my memory is playing tricks on me. xd.png

The lore behind the eggs is that the patterns depend on how much sun the mother got while the egg was developing.

The different egg patterns are dependent on how much sun the mother gets while the egg is developing; those with the most sun produce the least amount of chlorophyll. Those with less chlorophyll on the egg are actually more docile than the others.

But mechanic-wise, I thought it was random, although I've never paid that much attention, tbh. ^^

Might be a fun experiment to start a thread or breeding project based around confirming/testing this, though. =o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Do hatchlings still occasionally follow you back once you've tried abandoning them?

I think I saw someone posting about such an incident a week or two ago, but I can't find the post right now. The player said they decided to keep the hatchie afterwards.

Forgive me if this is somewhere else, I did try to look for it.

If I'm doing legacy custom sorting and assigning each breed a single number, where do newly grown dragons automatically sort themselves? The bottom of the scroll? The top of the scroll?

Thanks!

At zero, and then by age wink.gif So if you are using positive and negative numbers, they sort in between, oldest zero on top, newest zero at the bottom of your zeroes.

Besides that, there is no automatic sorting in Legacy Custom Sort.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Would teleport gets used up if you cancel the trade/transfer?

Nope. Only if eggs/hatchlings hatch/grow up while in teleport, or the teleport gets accepted.

At zero, and then by age wink.gif So if you are using positive and negative numbers, they sort in between, oldest zero on top, newest zero at the bottom of your zeroes.

Besides that, there is no automatic sorting in Legacy Custom Sort.

Great, thank you! It's good to know what to expect!

is there any way to hold more than four eggs at a time, or is four the limit?

It depends on your trophy level https://dragcave.net/help/egglimits found on help page, or by clicking your trophy when you have one.

Only non-growing things are counted towards your total...adults and frozen hatchlings. Also your total is 3 times your egg limits, although you could have all hatchlings and no eggs and be at your liimit.

Edited by ainisarie

How is legacy custom sort used?

Have you looked at it? You just enter numbers after which the dragons be sorted, and then save that. You can use numbers up to ~32760 and down to ~-32760 (somewhere in that range - I keep forgetting the exact values) and you can use a number multiple times. Dragons with the same number are sorted by age "within" that number.

I once asked The Bossman himself about the exact numbers that we can use for Legacy Custom Sort:

My answers contains more words and numbers then his:

Only natural number between ±(2¹⁵-1).

In other words: -32.767 and 32.767 including 0.

I apologize if this is answered somewhere else. I haven't been able to find it. How does one access DC"s API? I was looking for a new programming project and it would be cool to combine two of my favorite hobbies.

I apologize if this is answered somewhere else. I haven't been able to find it. How does one access DC"s API? I was looking for a new programming project and it would be cool to combine two of my favorite hobbies.

It's at https://dragcave.net/api.txt , with more generic info about coding in this thread.

I need confirmation:

Do you also get the an-erro-has-occured-tombstone page when you try to take a look at the Valentine's Cave from 2015?

I need confirmation:

Do you also get the an-erro-has-occured-tombstone page when you try to take a look at the Valentine's Cave from 2015?

Yes, that's happening to me, too.

I need confirmation:

Me too.

Does anyone think it's likely that we might get a release tomorrow?