Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

@songwithnosoul

Thanks! Now i need luck for the hunt!

Ah I see, I thought that would be the case but I remember something like that, maybe it was from before we had the Teleport BSA. Thank you anyway Lagie! smile.gif

It worked like that before Teleport, yes. After Teleport was introduced, TJ added a new random string of characters after the egg's code in each abandoned link; trying to grab an egg without that random string of characters will always fail. This effectively means you must click the egg on the AP since (as far as I'm aware) there's no other way to know that random character string.

2) is there a list of breeding projects with putlines of what they are? I want to start a drake lineage but getting all the drakes myself would be veeeery difficult so if there is a drake lineage project I could partecipate but I don't really know if there is something like that.

Thanks!

Not exactly a breeding project, but a breeding plans thread: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=174752

I did a search for any topics with drake in the title and found nothing. I looked for topics mentioning drakes and nothing that was just drakes popped out at me. I think you're safe to start one yourself if you want. ^^

You probably looked in the wrong section? smile.gif

You probably looked in the wrong section? smile.gif

Nope, it was definitely Breeding. Does that mean you know of a drakes breeding topic? I honestly really did just skim quickly, as I was running out the door to have a late lunch with my parents. xP

As far as I know, there ain't one yet - just the breeding plans, where one could probably find people who actually did some of that breeding already.

Other than that, some of the Lovely Commons are with Drakes, so JadeShunDaliaMaggie could probably ask for 2nd and 3rd gen checkers there smile.gif

As far as I know, there ain't one yet - just the breeding plans, where one could probably find people who actually did some of that breeding already.

Other than that, some of the Lovely Commons are with Drakes, so JadeShunDaliaMaggie could probably ask for 2nd and 3rd gen checkers there smile.gif

I am certainly into breeding drakes and would be happy to chat about it, but I am not managing any project. Too old and too unreliable ! laugh.gif

I have to warn anyone with drakely ideas that it is VERY HARD INDEED to get older breeds from the last bunch sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

I am certainly into breeding drakes and would be happy to chat about it, but I am not managing any project. Too old and too unreliable ! laugh.gif

For topics where it's possible, doing what topics like the Lovely Commons are doing (just linking to member posts while members keep their own posts updated with their own lineages) is an easier way to organize for OPs!

(Was thinking about doing a pygmy one, but since I'm basically just doing olives this year, it seemed silly to start two breeding threads, lmao.)

Is it normal to get this error page when trying to view a dead egg? Seems like a bug but I haven't checked any other dead eggs recently.

My Valentine's Cave 2015 is no longer accessible. Does anyone else have that problem?

Is it normal to get this error page when trying to view a dead egg? Seems like a bug but I haven't checked any other dead eggs recently.

I get that error page for quite a few things....

My Valentine cave is OK, BTW. I use St Pat's, if that's related...

Edited by fuzzbucket

I get that error page for quite a few things....

How bizarre. I haven't gotten it for anything else, but can't seen to get anything BUT an error when accessing the egg's view page. Oh well, I suppose it doesn't matter since it's dead.

My Valentine cave is OK, BTW. I use At Pat's, if that's related...

Thank you for checking. Not sure what At Pat's is, but my cave seems to have disappeared. I tried with a different browser and got a "Page not found" error message. sad.gif What do I do now? I was rather fond of that cave...

Edited by walkinslow

Thank you for checking. Not sure what At Pat's is, but my cave seems to have disappeared. I tried with a different browser and got a "Page not found" error message. sad.gif What do I do now? I was rather fond of that cave...

I think Fuzz meant to say St Pat's skin. My Valentine cave is still there, too, and I use the default skin.

I think Fuzz meant to say St Pat's skin. My Valentine cave is still there, too, and I use the default skin.

Oh, right, I also use the St Patrick's skin. How strange.

Well, I'll give it a day or two and if my cave doesn't reappear, I'll start a separate bug thread.

Some artists in the community have a link to the IRC Arts chat and the banner is this lil paintbrush dragon holding a sign. Sometimes with a flag. Can someone who's been here a while tell me where they originated and why? :0

I can't handle my own curiosity anymore >o<

So sorry to double post. o~o

I have a shimmerscale egg that hit 3 days and 23 hours and suddenly got sick.

(I removed them from all hatcheries and fogged it.) How did this happen so late in the egg's life span? Why was it fine until after the 4 day mark? D:

Egg dies in 3 days and 21 hours.

OV:5,115 UV:682 C:4

Edited by irrelevantindigo

@irrelevantindigo an egg can get sick from getting too much attention in too short a timespan regardless of what time it's at. In my experience, shimmerscales in particular seem to be prone to sickness for some reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because I'm to lazy to click through the whole 'Blame the other person or say nothing prompt?' thread, could someone tell me who made the little badges with writing underneath? I wanted to suggest that that person also make a "Silent as... a grave" badge with a gravestone for those who got eaten while saying nothing.

(I removed them from all hatcheries and fogged it.) How did this happen so late in the egg's life span? Why was it fine until after the 4 day mark? D:

Shimmers and tinsels are pretty stubborn and are more likely to get sick as they go into ER status and start accumulating lots of views.

Because I'm to lazy to click through the whole 'Blame the other person or say nothing prompt?' thread, could someone tell me who made the little badges with writing underneath? I wanted to suggest that that person also make a "Silent as... a grave" badge with a gravestone for those who got eaten while saying nothing.

Shokomon made the bannersI believe-- you can find a master post of sorts in their art thread.

Some artists in the community have a link to the IRC Arts chat and the banner is this lil paintbrush dragon holding a sign. Sometimes with a flag. Can someone who's been here a while tell me where they originated and why? :0

I can't handle my own curiosity anymore >o<

If you PM'd one of those people, they'd probably have a better explanation for you. ;3

I'm more aware of where the crayon box came from than the arts dergs, as that cropped up during the year I was inactive, IIRC.

Usually happens when you incubate Shimmers (or Tinsels, GoNs or Avatars) and use hatcheries with auto-ER. These eggs need many more stats to hatch, but giving them while they are too young makes them sick - and incubating does not change an egg's *age*, only its countdown.

So if your egg is in a hatchery with automated ER, and it reaches the 4-day mark, the hatchery moves your egg into the ER area which is basically the place where it gets most stats in a very short time. Your egg is still only 2 days old at that time though.

Your options for incubated Prize and Guardian~ eggs:

- use a hatchery that does not automatically ER eggs (I believe AoND is good)

- or drop it into hatcheries and ERs when it gets down to 3d 18ish hours (with incubate)

- or use an automatic-ER-type hatchery, but incubate only after it gets to 4d 18ish hours to get it to 3d 18ish hours

Those are the values that I found safe - experiences on that topic vary a little, of course.

my forum avatar is not changing, do I have to wait a while or?

When i remove it and upload a new one , my last avatar uploads.

my forum avatar is not changing, do I have to wait a while or?

When i remove it and upload a new one , my last avatar uploads.

Clear your cache and refresh your profile page once more (or do a hard refresh (usually CTRL+F5) which does the same).

Why did this happen? I just tried to breed my rose bud with my aeon and they've produced eggs before, but this time they refused to even go near each other. I thought that couldn't happen after a pair had already bred before. And I know an aeon is not a holiday dragon.

Why did this happen? I just tried to breed my rose bud with my aeon and they've produced eggs before, but this time they refused to even go near each other. I thought that couldn't happen after a pair had already bred before. And I know an aeon is not a holiday dragon.

What was their previous offspring? Was it Rosebuds only? If yes, then refusals can still happen on their first non-holiday breeding.