Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Why is a Verdigris copper dragon called a green copper when they are blue? lol

The color itself is verdigris, which refers to the greenish-teal color that naturally forms on copper due to weathering over time. Wikipedia covers it pretty well, although with a nice picture of the Statue of Liberty that shows coloration almost identical to the verdigris coppers.

How do I embed this in my signature?

user posted image

I don't know where I got this image - somehow it's just in my folder so I apologize if that's anyone's work. It's supposed to be a gif; when I drag and save it it also shows as a gif, but somehow it's just not moving when I try to put it in my signature....

Another really weird thing is that it shows as gif the first time I upload it anywhere (like if I copy the link again and post). It moves for less then a second and then it stops moving. Help?

user posted image

Edited by IOU

user posted image

I don't know where I got this image - somehow it's just in my folder so I apologize if that's anyone's work. It's supposed to be a gif; when I drag and save it it also shows as a gif, but somehow it's just not moving when I try to put it in my signature....

Another really weird thing is that it shows as gif the first time I upload it anywhere (like if I copy the link again and post). It moves for less then a second and then it stops moving. Help?

user posted image

Looks like a recolor of the Magelight sprites from Jolly Follies.

It might be a problem with how the gif was saved -- they can be set to loop forever, or to loop a set amount of times, with the default usually being once.

user posted image

user posted image

Does

[img=https://i.imgur.com/Cnd8ZuR.gif]

not work? It looked okay when I tried adding it to my sig.

It doesn't move anywhere I see it.... Did you by chance open and close it in photoshop ?

I find that always stops them in their tracks. But it doesn't actually look like Quark to me.

Does

[img=https://i.imgur.com/Cnd8ZuR.gif]

not work? It looked okay when I tried adding it to my sig.

Did it actually look animated to you or just a plain image? It looks like a plain gif to me, but IOU is saying it should be animated.

Something I've always been curious about, for Stage 1 of the Blusang Hatchie, are those its feet or its arms? I remember hearing somewhere that blusangs don't have feet, but for some reason I can't picture anything else but feet. unsure.gif

Something I've always been curious about, for Stage 1 of the Blusang Hatchie, are those its feet or its arms? I remember hearing somewhere that blusangs don't have feet, but for some reason I can't picture anything else but feet. unsure.gif

lindwyrms have fore-legs if I remember right

my spell check tried to change lindwyrms to blindworms

Something I've always been curious about, for Stage 1 of the Blusang Hatchie, are those its feet or its arms? I remember hearing somewhere that blusangs don't have feet, but for some reason I can't picture anything else but feet.  unsure.gif

This is a helpful thread ~

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Sub-Types

Lindwurms have a serpentine body with one pair of legs, or forelimbs, and may be winged or wingless. Some Lindwurms are unable to fly even when they have wings.

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

This is a helpful thread ~

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Sub-Types

Lindwurms have a serpentine body with one pair of legs, or forelimbs, and may be winged or wingless. Some Lindwurms are unable to fly even when they have wings.

Ahh okay, i didnt think i was crazy. Thanks for clearing that up. It was super helpful happy.gif

How common are two-headed lindwyrms?

Whenever I go hunting for them, I never see any of them.

I remember seeing them once or twice earlier in the year, but I haven't seen them in a while.

I see them about as frequently as lunar heralds and golden wyverns (so... uncommon but not super hard to find), but the eggs stay in view longer.

So I just need to hunt more...Dangit I just want a CB Opalescent egg. Come on out wherever you are!

Thanks, Tabs!

The color itself is verdigris, which refers to the greenish-teal color that naturally forms on copper due to weathering over time. Wikipedia covers it pretty well, although with a nice picture of the Statue of Liberty that shows coloration almost identical to the verdigris coppers.

Yeah but the color verdigris looks blue to me o:

I've always seen the statue of liberty as blue too.

It just seems like a blue with a little bit of green mixed in.

The colour is called verdigris because that translates as green-grey. Says it all smile.gif

The name verdigris comes from the Middle English vertegrez, from the Old French verte grez, an alteration of vert-de-Grèce ("green of Greece"). The modern French spelling of this word is vert-de-gris ("green of grey"). It was used as a pigment in paintings and other art objects (as green color).

Thanks everyone who helps (or attempts to help). Yea the thing should be animated, since it's saved as a gif and has 4 frames. I think it's possible that the gif is set to one time loop, as it is animated the first time I put it anywhere (it goes through the 4 frames and then stops working). I didn't use any photoshop on it, so I don't really know what happened

And

user posted image
doesn't animate it sad.gif

But thanks anyways. Hug to everyone

Thanks everyone who helps (or attempts to help). Yea the thing should be animated, since it's saved as a gif and has 4 frames. I think it's possible that the gif is set to one time loop, as it is animated the first time I put it anywhere (it goes through the 4 frames and then stops working). I didn't use any photoshop on it, so I don't really know what happened

And  doesn't animate it sad.gif

But thanks anyways. Hug to everyone

So I saved your image, opened it in my image program, and re-saved it. Seems to be looping now. o.o

user posted image

[img=https://i.imgur.com/zBaEUTD.gif]

So I saved your image, opened it in my image program, and re-saved it. Seems to be looping now. o.o

user posted image

[img=https://i.imgur.com/zBaEUTD.gif]

Oh my god thank you so much! I'll be throwing it in my signature xd.pngUm I hope that's okay but someone mentioned it was a recoloured version of something else??

And thanks everyone who helped!

I just suddenly found myself wondering, can you use Stun multiple times on a hatchling? Say, you stun a hatchling when it is at 4 days and 0 hours. It then gains an extra day plus it cannot receive any views for 2 days, which means that the hatchling can start accumulating views again once it has reached 3 days and 0 hours. When that happens, can you stun the hatchling again then? If so, does that mean that in theory, you could continue the cycle endlessly, as long as you have enough Bolt dragons for that?

I know that with other BSAs, you can't use the same BSA on a specific hatchling for a second time, but perhaps it is different with Stun, since it's something that eventually wears off - which the other BSAs (such as Incubate and Influence) never do.

You can stun a hatchling only once as far as I know. And if you trade for a hatchie that already is stunned you can't stun it a second time.

Some people (mostly various admins) have a badge (by where the gender symbol or in-cave-spriter badge goes) that says "1997" and when you hover over it it says "onoz". What does it mean???

Some people (mostly various admins) have a badge (by where the gender symbol or in-cave-spriter badge goes) that says "1997" and when you hover over it it says "onoz". What does it mean???

It's actually "1337" or "leet" aka "elite". Funny artifact of the 'net lingo (if you've never heard of leetspeak, that's the best and quickest explanation I have aside from "old hacker thing"), but here, it just identifies mods as mods. =)

Did it actually look animated to you or just a plain image? It looks like a plain gif to me, but IOU is saying it should be animated.

Odd af. It was actually animated for me last night when I posted the image snippet, as was the original IOU posted. But tonight it looks stationary and only the edited one you posted is animated. Even here on page 409, IOU's quote of my snippet is stationary and your edited image is animated. Oh well. Glitch, I suppose.

When do the Easter eggs start appearing? xd.png Need to calculate with my time zone~

* 16th it is ~

Edited by WoLfgIrLyS

As a rule, Easter Day. It's never been otherwise.