Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I'm probably missing something obvious somewhere along the line, but I'm having a search fail right now.

Is there a list of all spriter's alts out there anywhere? And if not, is there a link to the dragon cave wiki somewhere? I know I remember seeing mentions of the spriter's alts in that, but now I can't remember how to get there. (And I know perfectly well I'm missing something obvious; I'm really good at that. :-P )

Here you go

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Spriter's_Alt

Thank you so much!

Got it bookmarked now, so I can refer back as needed. Assuming the egg I just bred grows up and likes its intended mate, I'm gonna have a non-inbred 9th EG with 27 different spriter's alts in the base. (Not to mention a slew of Thuweds and Midas Dorkface.)

Next goal, track down offspring of 13 that I don't have in there yet and go for the 10th gen!

How many unique views does it take for a tinsel to hatch? I notice that at 400-sh (what normal dragons regularly hatch) doesn't really cut it. What's the magic number in question?

How many unique views does it take for a tinsel to hatch? I notice that at 400-sh (what normal dragons regularly hatch) doesn't really cut it. What's the magic number in question?

Depends on the tin. Depends on how much time it has left. Depends on whether you Incubated it. Depends on its V as well as its UV.

I think mine usually take in the ~500-600 UV range to hatch right at 4d with Incubate.

Incubating prizes (and GoNs, for that matter) is always a bad idea, since they're more likely to get sick than hatch once they hit 4 days. sad.gif

(It works if you incubate them only a couple of hours before they hit the 4-day-mark, but I'd recommend to keep a close eye on them anyway.)

I have never had a problem with incubating them as long as I don't ER them when they hit 4 days.

I put all of my dragons into two sites (including rares, prizes, etc) and I don't have any sickness or them dying if I put them in when they are 5 days x hours away from hatching.

It never matters if I incubated them or not.

I usually do

incubated: placed into sites at 4 days x hours

not incubated: placed into sites at 5 days x hours

Edited by gigglymonkey12

I have never had a problem with incubating them as long as I don't ER them when they hit 4 days.

I've also never had a problem with incubating as long as I don't hide them away and just bomb them when they're ER.

I usually ER mine at 4d because the fansites I use + leaving them out for the first 12 - 24 hrs means they don't hatch at 4d. They usually get sick when they're really close to hatching, but I just let them hatch. Sometimes I fog them upon hatching, but usually I'm asleep. By the time I wake up, they're no longer sick. Haven't had one die on me yet.

I tend to struggle a lot with hatching them. They always, always get sick. But then again, I'm very impatient, and ERs don't really do them much good. I'm a little paranoid about them dying on me, since I haven't got very many. Right now for instance, my tinsel just got sick and he's been fogged. Just when he's about to hatch...

Truth to be told, I usually wait until my prizes are below 5 days and already have a big hole in them before I incubate them - if I incubate them at all.

What do you do to have them get a large hole around that time? Mine barely get one at the 4 day mark. Or if they start getting a crack, they get sick.

Edited by andromedae

I find adding my eggs to one hatchery shortly after I catch them and then adding them to a second hatchery about a day later works the best. My eggs usually have a large hole in them a few hours before the 4 day mark and they don't get sick very often.

That's odd. It's actually my usual technique, but it doesn't work with my prize dragons for some reason.

That's odd. It's actually my usual technique, but it doesn't work with my prize dragons for some reason.

Use another fansite or two.

I've also never had a problem with incubating as long as I don't hide them away and just bomb them when they're ER.

I usually ER mine at 4d because the fansites I use + leaving them out for the first 12 - 24 hrs means they don't hatch at 4d. They usually get sick when they're really close to hatching, but I just let them hatch. Sometimes I fog them upon hatching, but usually I'm asleep. By the time I wake up, they're no longer sick. Haven't had one die on me yet.

This is about how mine go. I usually put them in clicksites whenever I'm around to babysit them for the first 24h, and fog them when I'm not around. Once they drop below 6d I put them in clicksites and leave them there. Somewhere around 5d 12h or below I Incubate. At 4d they go in the ERs and get pretty sick before hatching. I just fog the new tinhatchies and leave them fogged for a good 12h or so, which is usually more than enough for them to recover. Just finished doing that with a pretty 3g and it's no longer sick. Haven't lost one this way yet.

I'm pretty sure I saw a thread where you can ask about a name that you would like to give to a dragon but isn't sure if it's approppriated. I can't find this thread. Help?

I'm pretty sure I saw a thread where you can ask about a name that you would like to give to a dragon but isn't sure if it's approppriated. I can't find this thread. Help?

I believe you're looking for this thread in Site Discussion: Name Check Thread

Is it possible for two dragons that once breed and laid eggs to then reject each other? I just had this happen and I did a double take as I never had seen this before.

Is it possible for two dragons that once breed and laid eggs to then reject each other? I just had this happen and I did a double take as I never had seen this before.

If one of them is a holiday and their only successful breeding was during that dragon's holiday season then it can happen. Otherwise it should not.

Prize dragons are stubborn to hatch.

Having said that, while they are fragile... if they are close to 4 days (even incubated) its really, really hard to kill them with view-bombing. Trust me, I've tried (the goal was to kill hatchies).

Essentially, if they are fairly close to 4 days and have less than 10,000 views, you're fine leaving them as they are (unfogged, in hatcheries) even if they are sick. Just don't use an AR on them, the only way I've ever managed to kill a low time egg / high time hatchie was via ARs. And my attempts to do the same with lower time hatchies failed miserably.

Cheers!

C4.

Are holly dragons still very rare?

Low gen ones are pretty rare, but higher gen ones not very.