Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is anyone seeing ochredrake eggs these days? I don't remember the last time one popped up for me. blink.gif

Looks like they turn up once in a while, I just caught one. biggrin.gif

Would it be against the rules to post info about an off-site trade in my sig? When I say off-site trade, I don't mean trading dragons in dragon cave, since I know it's not allowed. It would be about trading Chickensmoothie pets for Flight Rising stuff.

When using the mobile site is anyone else unable to see full lineage view past the parents of the dragon you are viewing? Like you can scroll up and down but not back and forth.

When using the mobile site is anyone else unable to see full lineage view past the parents of the dragon you are viewing? Like you can scroll up and down but not back and forth.

I was able to see the entire lineage.

So...I know I need more pinks and reds for their BSA...

I had it planned that I would do a straight 2 weeks of just breeding and collecting pinks and reds, but that never happens.

How does everyone build up their army? Should I just suck it up and just do it? or take it slow (like currently with only one or two per 7 egg limit)?

Edited by gigglymonkey12

I was able to see the entire lineage.

I had it planned that I would do a straight 2 weeks of just breeding and collecting pinks and reds, but that never happens.

How does everyone build up their army? Should I just suck it up and just do it? or take it slow (like currently with only one or two per 7 egg limit)?

I find that hunting the AP is really helpful for pinks and reds and I usually pick up one or two if I have space and they aren't so high time. :3

When I built my army, I just sucked it up and dealt with it. I looked for spaces of a few days where I knew I wouldn't have anything major coming into my scroll (usually right after holidays) and then I bred Reds like crazy. Breed 7, Incubate 7, repeat 2 days later. Even if you only do the cycle a few times, the extra 14-21 Incubates go a long way. It's a fairly disruptive process when done like this, though, which is why I still haven't gotten around to finishing up my Pink army...

I'm sitting on the AP and I saw at least 3 Pinks and 2 Reds in the last 15 minutes. The AP is at 5d 8h. Shouldn't be too hard to start building that army.

I'm sorry to say that while I "need" tans and reds, I rather approve smile.gif So hit me !

I wouldn't dream of hitting you but there at least three ways of looking at this:

1st - people cannot /view but they can /lineage, nothing changes.

2nd - TJ "fixes" lineage but people keep picking up Dorsals/Ridgewings etc. and drop them in the AP where they are picked up once they are low time: ratios benefit, everybody (with the exception of the people locked for 5 hours) is happy.

3rd - TJ "fixes" lineage and people are annoyed so they stop picking up Dorsals/Ridgewings etc.: ratios get worse.

Edited by NotBambi

I find that hunting the AP is really helpful for pinks and reds and I usually pick up one or two if I have space and they aren't so high time. :3

Yup! I started hunting for pinks and red in the AP too. But sometimes...I just get tempted by all the amazing eggs that drops so I grab some of those instead

When I built my army, I just sucked it up and dealt with it. I looked for spaces of a few days where I knew I wouldn't have anything major coming into my scroll (usually right after holidays) and then I bred Reds like crazy. Breed 7, Incubate 7, repeat 2 days later. Even if you only do the cycle a few times, the extra 14-21 Incubates go a long way. It's a fairly disruptive process when done like this, though, which is why I still haven't gotten around to finishing up my Pink army...

yeah, I would have loved an extra 14 or so red on my scroll when there was a holiday release.

At how many reds would you say to have before you're at the optimal range?

At how many reds would you say to have before you're at the optimal range?

There was a maths read floating about. I think the minimum number of reds a gold scroll needs for full coverage is 49, but I'm not 100% on that.

There was a maths read floating about. I think the minimum number of reds a gold scroll needs for full coverage is 49, but I'm not 100% on that.

So around 49? I'm gonna go for 50 then since that's a nice round number.

Is that assuming that you incubate all 7 eggs at one time so that the cool down time is the same? or does it not matter if you incubate some here and there and stuff like that.

I would def love to see the math for that though since I wanna do the same to figure out how many pinks I need.

Nah, it's quite a bit higher. I'm certain I've posted the math at least twice now but I can't find it anywhere. Sigh.

Edit: here we go. 49 is ideal only if you're going for stuff from the cave. Try to spam AP stuff and you'll run out - you need 98 for that.

I would def love to see the math for that though since I wanna do the same to figure out how many pinks I need.

For pinks - assuming an incuhatchable AP and a gold trophy, you can grab the same 7 eggs a day. Influence's cooldown is only a week so you'd need 7 * 7 Influences of each gender, or 49 each.

Er...what should I do if my Action Log is totally empty? I was all excited for the new feature, but mine had *nothing* -- now it has 14 actions, from my most recent influences and incubates, but that's all. Am I missing some setting that I need to adjust?

Any help would be appreciated -- thank you!

Er...what should I do if my Action Log is totally empty? I was all excited for the new feature, but mine had *nothing* -- now it has 14 actions, from my most recent influences and incubates, but that's all. Am I missing some setting that I need to adjust?

Any help would be appreciated -- thank you!

Have you been active on your scroll for the past month or so?

Have you been active on your scroll for the past month or so?

Ohh, no. I've been caught up with work for a couple months. Does that mean the action log cleared itself out or something? sad.gif

Ohh, no. I've been caught up with work for a couple months. Does that mean the action log cleared itself out or something? sad.gif

As per here/here, the action log shows you actions in the past 30 days now. So yeah, I'm guessing it goes exactly by days and past days clear out as a new day starts, so if you haven't been active, an empty log makes sense (for how the log now works, anyway). Sorry. D:

Maybe make a suggestion for it to be the past 30 days of activity so you don't come back to an empty log? Not sure how possible that is but worth asking?

As per here/here, the action log shows you actions in the past 30 days now. So yeah, I'm guessing it goes exactly by days and past days clear out as a new day starts, so if you haven't been active, an empty log makes sense (for how the log now works, anyway). Sorry. D:

Maybe make a suggestion for it to be the past 30 days of activity so you don't come back to an empty log? Not sure how possible that is but worth asking?

Thanks for the quick replies. No problem -- I was just trying to catch up with everything that had happened in my absence, and saw people in the 10th-Anniversary release thread talking about their action logs going all the way back to 2012 or 2011, so I thought something was wrong with mine! Now that I understand it was a glitch, and that this is the intended format, it all makes sense. biggrin.gif

Thank you!

Only one Zombie type is currently available to unlock in the dragon encyclopedia right?

Only one Zombie type is currently available to unlock in the dragon encyclopedia right?

AFAIK. I certainly only have one in there

Dang..I was like I only need 5 more Royal dragons before I get another shimmer.

Well, look on the bright side - you might not even need one. I HAVE had three shimmers in a row on occasion - once when I WANTED a fail !

Apologies if this should be asked in Breeding - do you always get Goldfish when breeding 2 Goldfish, or do they, as the Ultraviolets, occasionally throw one of the parent breeds?