Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

I recently got active in game again and I can't seem to understand the whole cycle thing about lunars. I missed their release and I would like to catch the silver Lunar but I can't seem to figure out when they drop? :/ I read the wiki but only ended up being more confused. Could someone please help to explain the logic?

And if I were to ask for silver lunar in trade now, would it be right time?

I don't understand the cycle either, but I caught a silver one last night, but I already gave it away, as it was a miss-click for me, as I was hoping it was still gold ones dropping.

I recently got active in game again and I can't seem to understand the whole cycle thing about lunars. I missed their release and I would like to catch the silver Lunar but I can't seem to figure out when they drop? :/ I read the wiki but only ended up being more confused. Could someone please help to explain the logic?

You can figure out when they drop using this handy site: http://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar-herald-colour.php

In this thread the changes of the moons phases (two moons so moons phases tongue.gif ) will be announced and in the first post there is a very huge amount of input regarding the important things about our beloved Lunar Heralds.

I have this tiny looking very useful banner in my signature that cycles through the colours of the Lunar Heralds. You can find this and another version at the bottom of the first post. So the only thing for me the do is looking at my signature. smile.gif

Are the celestial dragons actually transparent?

In terms of the sprites themselves? I switched to the portal2 theme and can see background images through the dragon sprites, so it appears so.

Just adding that you can use this page to check the moons' phases - you can get there by clicking the clock in the upper right corner smile.gif (only available on the default skin, I believe)

Any idea which breed are people hunting in the Volcano? It keeps being emptied.

Might be Nexus. They're the only newest release to be found in Volcano.

Right-click, Copy Link, open a new tab, paste the link into the address bar, and change /get/ to /view/ or /lineage/ ( dragcave.net/get/ABCDE becomes dragcave.net/view/ABCDE or dragcave.net/lineage/ABCDE )

Thank you!

For those who creates those amazing long even lineages....how do you keep track of your project? Or remember what to influence each egg?

Do you have a breeding schedule? or any tips/hints?

I'm trying to embark on my first huge lineage project, but I'm a bit overwhelmed already. blink.gif

For those who creates those amazing long even lineages....how do you keep track of your project? Or remember what to influence each egg?

I'm trying to embark on my first huge lineage project, but I'm a bit overwhelmed already. blink.gif

I am extremely old-fashioned! I make myself a diagram on paper ohmy.gif and fill in the breed for each slot. Then as I breed the next egg in the line I fill in its code and when it is adult it gets its name added, too. The same thing can be done with google documents or word documents.

I am extremely old-fashioned! I make myself a diagram on paper ohmy.gif and fill in the breed for each slot. Then as I breed the next egg in the line I fill in its code and when it is adult it gets its name added, too. The same thing can be done with google documents or word documents.

Thank you smile.gif

Do you only work on one lineage at a time? or do you do multiple and just fill in the diagram as you go?

Thank you smile.gif

Do you only work on one lineage at a time? or do you do multiple and just fill in the diagram as you go?

I work on quite a number of lineages at once. I have a different sheet for each and just fill in the blanks as I go.

Plus I have my Z code breeding which is entirely different. That lineage is much more random. I breed two CB Z codes together and then breed any Z code offspring I get from them with whatever other 2nd gen Z code I might have available, and so on up the line. This is my highest gen so far from them: http://dragcave.net/lineage/ZpPIN I have a google doc for those with all my purebred Z codes from CB on up listed and then I have a column for mates, with links. I do all my Z breeding directly from that spreadsheet. I also have a column to indicate when I have gotten a Z offspring from them. That works much better than trying to keep track of them on paper. (I am up to about 250 active breeding pairs!)

Edited by purplehaze

I actually have a facebook post in a group I'm the only member of tongue.gif I just write down lists really, like this:

1 gen

male - female (date last bred)

2 gen

and so on smile.gif It contains all the information I need, and I add the dragons as I breed them. I am working on several lineages at the moment, with seperate lists for each lineage - it works for me smile.gif

@purplehaze that is a beautiful z lineage. I have a spreadsheet, but it's harder because I can't visualize where everything goes...I'll prob go back and sort out the spreadsheet again to fit the even gen pattern and that might help a visual learner, like me. Thank you for all your help. I'm also going to draw it out because that sounds like something that might be easy enough.

@saikachan Does doing it on facebook get hard? Like does the information become buried underneath like newer posts?

I'm trying to embark on my first huge lineage project, but I'm a bit overwhelmed already.  blink.gif

I set up a word document for each new line, and chart it out in a table.

But if you are feeling overwhelmed - you don't HAFTA do it, you know laugh.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

@saikachan Does doing it on facebook get hard? Like does the information become buried underneath like newer posts?

Not really, since I've pinned the post with the projects and simply add new projects in the comments tongue.gif I add completed projects to a spreadsheat so they don't clutter the post as well happy.gif

I use a combination of a colour-coded online spreadsheet, and actual dragon names.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/JFOse

On another matter - I had messed up my refusal chart and while I was sorting it out - I have SEVERAL HUNDRED - I realised that while I am building a few drake lineages - I have never had a drake refusal. Do they ever refuse ever at all ???

On another matter - I had messed up my refusal chart and while I was sorting it out - I have SEVERAL HUNDRED - I realised that while I am building a few drake lineages - I have never had a drake refusal. Do they ever refuse ever at all ???

Yes, they do. My only pair of CB Z'Ochredrakes refused each other. dry.gif I'm pretty sure I have had others, too, but I won't go back through all my records to check. I distinctly remember that pair, though.

Edited by purplehaze

Yep. Both my pairs of the new drakes refused. rolleyes.gif

Yep. Both my pairs of the new drakes refused. rolleyes.gif

Oh. Darn - I thought I might have Made a Discovery xd.png

Is it just me, or is the Morphodrake not in the Encyclopedia? The rest of the new ones are....I have 2 adult Morphos, 2 hatchlings, and 2 eggs if that's any help.