Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Hello!

I'm thinking about taking a stab at creating my own dragon suggestion. But I'm going by the Ultimate Guide and am a little wary of running afoul of the 'no Cultural References' rule.

My working plan was a Kitsune dragon (after the little multi-foxtailed prankster demon)--since we have an Eastern dragon shape already it seems like it would be a great fit. And animal inspired dragons, so far, seem to be okay.

But would that be considered too much of a specific cultural reference to pass? They could be 'fantails' if that would be more likely to be a go, with a fox-like orange version and a peacock-like teal version.

Hello!

I'm thinking about taking a stab at creating my own dragon suggestion. But I'm going by the Ultimate Guide and am a little wary of running afoul of the 'no Cultural References' rule.

My working plan was a Kitsune dragon (after the little multi-foxtailed prankster demon)--since we have an Eastern dragon shape already it seems like it would be a great fit. And animal inspired dragons, so far, seem to be okay.

But would that be considered too much of a specific cultural reference to pass? They could be 'fantails' if that would be more likely to be a go, with a fox-like orange version and a peacock-like teal version.

That should be fine; we have unicorn and Phoenix based suggestions that never had any issues. I think with cultural references it means more like a direct reference to real world holidays / places / peoples as opposed to other mythical animals. So, for example, a dragon called a Chinese dragon wouldn't work, but an eastern that looks like a traditional Chinese dragon would be fine.

That should be fine; we have unicorn and Phoenix based suggestions that never had any issues. I think with cultural references it means more like a direct reference to real world holidays / places / peoples as opposed to other mythical animals. So, for example, a dragon called a Chinese dragon wouldn't work, but an eastern that looks like a traditional Chinese dragon would be fine.

Ahhh, I see. Okay, thank you!!

Does anyone know where I could find the 2014 Halloween Carnival event transcript? It's not on the wiki.

Bumping to next page… I'd be really surprised if no one had it saved somewhere.

Bumping to next page… I'd be really surprised if no one had it saved somewhere.

We have been here before somewhere - I was the only person who posted that I could swear I had it saved - and as it turned out - I - didn't sad.gif

Bit confused unsure.gif i have had my scroll hidden for about a week, yesterday i opened it up again with no problem, today i posted a trade (ER) hid scroll again before posting, within an hour the ER egg starts getting views, yes i know they can be add to Silvi's by code but how the heck can they be added to Valley Sherwood? as yet again i found it in there looked with auto add disabled so was not me plus my others were not in the site unsure.gif

Edited by rrattts

Bit confused unsure.gif  i have had my scroll hidden for about a week, yesterday i opened it up again with no problem, today i posted a trade (ER) hid scroll again before posting, within an hour the ER egg starts getting views, yes i know they can be add to Silvi's by code but how the heck can they be added to Valley Sherwood? as yet again i found it in there looked with auto add disabled so was not me plus my others were not in the site unsure.gif

You can add egg to valley sherwood using egg code on the ER page from top menu. I believe some other sites as well. It's best to fog egg and ask for PM offers.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

You can add egg to valley sherwood using egg code on the ER page from top menu. I believe some other sites as well. It's best to fog egg and ask for PM offers.

Well in all the years of playing i never knew that blink.gif thank you the info smile.gif

I have a contest going, and I'm advertising it in my signature and with daily bumps in three trading threads. Are there any other rule-abiding ways I can get the word out? (On the official DC forum only.)

I always used to think the only *cave born (not bitten)* vampire I have was caught during its release. But today I realized my vamp is from 2009 and they were released in 2008, so I got it an year later. I saw another link posted in CB gifters thread which was an original cb vampire caught at a later date. I want to read more about it and understand if they still drop rarely or at all, and when was the last known original cb vampire found. I do not see any relevant information in wiki, does anyone know of any helpful information, links etc. as to why these dropped after their initial release, when did it stop happening or do they still drop etc.? I've never seen one in cave in all the years I've played.

I always used to think the only *cave born (not bitten)* vampire I have was caught during its release. But today I realized my vamp is from 2009 and they were released in 2008, so I got it an year later. I saw another link posted in CB gifters thread which was an original cb vampire caught at a later date. I want to read more about it and understand if they still drop rarely or at all, and when was the last known original cb vampire found. I do not see any relevant information in wiki, does anyone know of any helpful information, links etc. as to why these dropped after their initial release, when did it stop happening or do they still drop etc.? I've never seen one in cave in all the years I've played.

The true original vamps were released for Halloween 2008. These are the only CBs as far as I'm aware.

In late 2010, Vamps received Bite lineages, meaning the site began tracking which Vamps bit which other Vamps. TJ progressively added as much old Bite data as he could, but not all old Vamps had this data. These older, data-less Vamps appear to be CB because the original egg was CB and the identity of the biter wasn't saved by the site. They're not true CBs in the sense of your question, though, because they didn't start as Vamps in the cave.

The only cave release of Vampires was at Halloween 2008.

Some later Vampires appear to be CB Vampires if they were caveborn eggs bitten by a Vampire before the "bitten by" information was added. TJ's records did not go back far enough to add that information to all previously bitten dragons.

Ah okay, thank you for the answers. smile.gif I think the thing that really made me confused was

Vampires are on the list because it IS possible to catch them Caveborn, not all vampires are bitten, there are some that come from the biomes, and bitten CBs of other breeds are considered Caveborn as they have no lineage. For an example, this Vampire was caught in 2012 (not in the Halloween release of '09), and was not bitten

So the explanation makes sense for my dragon which is from 2009 but what about this 2012 one? Here's the original post and link to the said dragon. https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=145537

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Ah okay, thank you for the answers. smile.gif I think the thing that really made me confused was

So the explanation makes sense for my dragon which is from  2009 but what about this 2012 one? Here's the original post and link to the said dragon. https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=145537

Odd. TJ said bites from after April 2010 were supposed to show up. For anyone else trying to find the Vamp in question in the thread, the direct link is here. It does indeed appear to be a 2012 Vamp without a "Bitten by" field.

I guarantee the quote from that thread is wrong. Vamps have never been in a biome (the 2008 drop was pre-biome - biomes didn't show up until 2011). But I don't have an explanation for that vamp other than a glitch. Odder things have happened.

So the explanation makes sense for my dragon which is from  2009 but what about this 2012 one? Here's the original post and link to the said dragon. https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=145537

I agree with AGYK - that quote is definitely wrong. Vampires don't drop in the biomes, they have to be bitten.

As for the quote from TJ where he states that all Vampires bitten after April 2010 will have Vampire Lineages... I suppose it's simply that he imported all the bite logs he had, but there were some that were lost. I have a Vampire from September 2010 without a "Bitten by:" field, but I remember it being a gift from a kind user who had bitten a CB egg with one of their own Vampires.

Edited by Saikachan

Guys, this isn't about dc, but I do need help.

My iPhone 5s is glitching and black lines are appearing on the lockscreen and some apps.

Anyone else's doing this and do they know how to fix it?

Here are a few screenshot:

user posted image

user posted image

I don't know how big they are but non of those black bars are appearing when I'm in any apps.

Edit:

Restarted phone: worked for a bit without the bars then restarted itself, flashed a message that said:" activation needed" then stopped that and is working perfectly fine. Probably was my carrier messing around.

Edited by Jsward322

Earlyer i was never one for breeding pretty lineage and checkers and stuff like that so it never really bothered me and the question never came to mind. Now i'm (trying) to start making pretty stuff.

what is Thuwed? is it different from other lineages?

First generation Thuweds are all dragons owned by TJ09. He sometimes has a list open to recieve an egg from one of his pairings. All that information can be found here: https://dragcave.net/thuwed

Any eggs with one or more Thuwed ancestor are considered to be Thuweds.

There is a also a Thuwed thread where users can show which Thuwed offspring they own and breed/trade them with others: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=120196

Earlyer i was never one for breeding pretty lineage and checkers and stuff like that so it never really bothered me and the question never came to mind. Now i'm (trying) to start making pretty stuff.

what is  Thuwed? is it different from other lineages?

Thuweds are basically TJ's dragons/their descendants, and that's why some people value them. You can see some of his CB Breeding pairs here if you're curious.

I'd try not to get your hopes up for a 2nd gen any time soon though, it's been a while since those breeding lists were open. And when they do, I've heard they fill up fast.

Edit: ninja'd

Edited by ~Magpie~

aww thanks. I was confused why people want them. I thought they were just some fancy lineage.

good to know

Not sure if i have done something or site broke but unable to access EATW unsure.gif getting Database connection failed, i did clear history but has never happened before when i have done rolleyes.gif

Not sure if i have done something or site broke but unable to access EATW unsure.gif getting Database connection failed, i did clear history but has never happened before when i have done rolleyes.gif

Same issue here. Likely a problem with the site. Not much to be done about it.