Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

Is it just me, or is the Morphodrake not in the Encyclopedia? The rest of the new ones are....I have 2 adult Morphos, 2 hatchlings, and 2 eggs if that's any help.

Not yet...maybe soon?

Why do Tarantula Hawks sort between Terrae and Thunder? Are they secretly listed as "thawk" or somesuch?

Anyone else having a problem connecting to EATW? I keep getting a bad gateway error message. II went back a few pages in the fan site section, looking for the EATW original post, to check there, but couldn't find it. My cell and the forum don't play nice together, so that could be why I'm not seeing it.

Anyone else having a problem connecting to EATW? I keep getting a bad gateway error message. II went back a few pages in the fan site section, looking for the EATW original post, to check there, but couldn't find it. My cell and the forum don't play nice together, so that could be why I'm not seeing it.

It's not just you - I got the 502 Bad Gateway alert when I tried to access the page. Plus my scroll link (one of those images that shows how many dragons you have) from EATW isn't showing up in my signature either.

Why do Tarantula Hawks sort between Terrae and Thunder? Are they secretly listed as "thawk" or somesuch?

Yup.

Is it at all possible to get a purple egg from the breeding of a Purple x Spitfire?

Because I've been trying for a while and all I get are Spitfires and Ultraviolets..

Finally got to level 10, how do I add a custom title? Is it really obvious and I'm just being willfully blind smile.gif

My Controls -> Edit Profile info

Right at the top. :3

Omg, it IS right at the top. How embarrassing!

Thank you!

Do these dragons display offspring on their view page for any of you guys? Because for me they look as if they had never been bred, even though I own a child of them. o.O

Edit: When I go to their progeny pages though, it displays just fine...

Edited by The_Imago

Do these dragons display offspring on their view page for any of you guys? Because for me they look as if they had never been bred, even though I own a child of them. o.O

I'm seeing the same as you. No offspring listed on either dragon's view page, yet if you substitute "progeny" for "view" the offspring shows up. Very strange. blink.gif

Yes, on the view page under "Location" there is nothing. But there should be something. Just checked the codes and they clearly have at least one child. blink.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

How weird. Was it ever working before? Have you bred them again since you noticed this?

Hm, interesting. I would PM TJ or create your own help thread. Not sure why that would happen. o.o

I just noticed there have been some updates to the encyclopedia: new breeds added.

Now, I noticed that the Tarantula Drake displays an elemental affinity for Earth. It's the first time I've seen a drake with an elemental affinity. Since drakes can't breed with GoN, they never needed one. So I checked the other drakes, but they still don't have an affinity.

So, I was wondering: Is this a glitch on the tarantula, or are all drakes going to get an affinity over time?

Vampires are listed with Elemental Affinity: Death even though they can't breed at all. Ochredrakes have been listed as "Neutral" as long as the encyclopedia exists as well, and then look at Two-Headed Lindwurms and Dragons (Neutral and Dark). I think it's basically just a detail that's describing them further.

Hello...

My Dragon Request Threads have honestly... died over the school year. Not only that, but I hate seeing my old artwork and want to have a fresh start at some new dragons since I have new ideas and have improved astonishingly.

Could these past threads possibly be deleted? Please and thank you.

Hello...

My Dragon Request Threads have honestly... died over the school year. Not only that, but I hate seeing my old artwork and want to have a fresh start at some new dragons since I have new ideas and have improved astonishingly.

Could these past threads possibly be deleted? Please and thank you.

In the future, please PM myself or a help mod with these requests. You can also report your own threads for deletion using the report function.

I also just want to note you only had one active thread? You can find your own stuff in variety of ways. The easiest way is to go to search. Put your username in the username area, select to only search Dragon Requests, and then set it to search titles only. Then search. Another fairly easy way is to go to the board you want to search - in this case, Dragon Requests. Down at the bottom, there's a lot of sorting options. Choose sorted by: topic starter, choose if you want descending or ascending alphabetical sorting, then Go! Now the topics are sorted alphabetically by OP, so you can flip through pages and find your own.

In any case, your topic is now closed. But do PM in the future. Thanks!

In the future, please PM myself or a help mod with these requests. You can also report your own threads for deletion using the report function.

I also just want to note you only had one active thread? You can find your own stuff in variety of ways. The easiest way is to go to search. Put your username in the username area, select to only search Dragon Requests, and then set it to search titles only. Then search. Another fairly easy way is to go to the board you want to search - in this case, Dragon Requests. Down at the bottom, there's a lot of sorting options. Choose sorted by: topic starter, choose if you want descending or ascending alphabetical sorting, then Go! Now the topics are sorted alphabetically by OP, so you can flip through pages and find your own.

In any case, your topic is now closed. But do PM in the future. Thanks!

Ah, I had forgotten that the other had been closed. Thank you very much Sock, and I'll do my best to make sure that the next request makes it to the Completed List. smile.gif

I just noticed there have been some updates to the encyclopedia: new breeds added.

Now, I noticed that the Tarantula Drake displays an elemental affinity for Earth. It's the first time I've seen a drake with an elemental affinity. Since drakes can't breed with GoN, they never needed one. So I checked the other drakes, but they still don't have an affinity.

So, I was wondering: Is this a glitch on the tarantula, or are all drakes going to get an affinity over time?

Personally, I don't think that elemental affinity is just something important for breeding. I mean, sure, right now breeding (with avatars/GoN) is probably the only time where elemental affinity comes into play right now - but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

For example, it would make sense for paper dragons (as well as cheese dragons) to have both life and magic as elemental affinities since they're animated through magic. Or dinos - time and (maybe) life...

For those who creates those amazing long even lineages....how do you keep track of your project? Or remember what to influence each egg?

Do you have a breeding schedule? or any tips/hints?

I'm trying to embark on my first huge lineage project, but I'm a bit overwhelmed already. blink.gif

My personal huge even lineage projects are currently on hold, but I make extensive use of Google Docs spreadsheets to keep track of both my entire collection and my breeding plans/projects.

HERE is my old spreadsheet for tracking everything; I've since moved on to a better, more concise version of the same, so this one hasn't been updated since mid-2014. The main tab (tabs are visible at the bottom of the page) tracks all of my dragons, the second tab shows me my collection goals and how close they are to completion, the third tab is a reference sheet that provides the numbers for the second and is broken down by years so I can see how many of any given type of dragon I collected that year. The other tabs are all lineage projects that I charted and tracked in different ways, up until the archive tab, where I started storing data for my older dragons because the spreadsheet was taking too long to process changes due to its size.

My sheets are pretty intense, but it can give you an idea of how you can use spreadsheets to track things like that, lol.

My personal huge even lineage projects are currently on hold, but I make extensive use of Google Docs spreadsheets to keep track of both my entire collection and my breeding plans/projects.

HERE is my old spreadsheet for tracking everything; I've since moved on to a better, more concise version of the same, so this one hasn't been updated since mid-2014. The main tab (tabs are visible at the bottom of the page) tracks all of my dragons, the second tab shows me my collection goals and how close they are to completion, the third tab is a reference sheet that provides the numbers for the second and is broken down by years so I can see how many of any given type of dragon I collected that year. The other tabs are all lineage projects that I charted and tracked in different ways, up until the archive tab, where I started storing data for my older dragons because the spreadsheet was taking too long to process changes due to its size.

My sheets are pretty intense, but it can give you an idea of how you can use spreadsheets to track things like that, lol.

Thank you.

You said intense, but I didn't realize how intense until I saw it. ohmy.gifohmy.gif

Wow...that was pretty amazing.

I ended up with two lineage projects that are considered bigger, for me, so I ended up drawing it out , using a spreadsheet and a lineage plan image thingy.

Ok... Multiscrolling. Let's say I have just a vague suspicion that someone has more than one scroll. And, while it is not an evidence per se, there is something I'd like to consult with someone. Should I contact a mod? I am terrible at things like this, and I don't want to waste anyone's time. and I am a bit afraid of Mods...