Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

What generation would a holly have to be to stop being classified as "rare"?

What generation would a holly have to be to stop being classified as "rare"?

The Rare Trading Center defines Hollies as being rare up to 3g.

Pyralspite dragons from the Alpine, are they still considered rare?

Pyralspite dragons from the Alpine, are they still considered rare?

Not really. The Question about a trade thread seems to have come to the consensus they're around Xeno rarity atm. They're definitely not anywhere near the ultrarare status they were awhile ago.

Hi is anyone getting this message when on DC: user posted image ?

I notice it only pops up when my forum page isn't in a tab and I tried several different ways but it always prompts me excluding the former exception. Apologies if I missed someone posting this already and thanks in advanced!

That's happening across the Internet right now. There's a very active question on Information Security Stack Exchange, a security-minded site, about exactly this. The general consensus as of right now seems to be "probably an error on Google's end, not likely malicious, ignore it. If you feed it login credentials by mistake, change them immediately." The answers there also contain a few links that can be used to report the issue to Google: https://goo.gl/vulnz or https://support.google.com/mail/contact/gtag?hl=en (second is less appropriate here imo as it's GMail specific. The question on ITSec SE revolves around the prompt on a GMail account so is more on-topic there.)

I would also suggest blocking scripts from doubleclick.net either via NoScript or via entirely shutting down access to the domain in the HOSTS file. That way, even if there is some funny business going on with the site, you should theoretically be safe®.

Wow ! I completely blocked doubleclick years ago - seems I was even smarter than I thought to do so ! NASSSSTY thing !

I got a PM (from a very recent member) and when I tried to reply I got the following message:

This message can not be sent because the recipient does not have permission to use the personal messenger.

This personal message has not been sent

After checking, their "Total Cumulative Posts" is 0, so I guess they didn't post in the "introduce yourself" section yet--but then how could they PM me in the first place? huh.gif

That's happening across the Internet right now. There's a very active question on Information Security Stack Exchange, a security-minded site, about exactly this. The general consensus as of right now seems to be "probably an error on Google's end, not likely malicious, ignore it. If you feed it login credentials by mistake, change them immediately." The answers there also contain a few links that can be used to report the issue to Google: https://goo.gl/vulnz or https://support.google.com/mail/contact/gtag?hl=en (second is less appropriate here imo as it's GMail specific. The question on ITSec SE revolves around the prompt on a GMail account so is more on-topic there.)

I would also suggest blocking scripts from doubleclick.net either via NoScript or via entirely shutting down access to the domain in the HOSTS file. That way, even if there is some funny business going on with the site, you should theoretically be safe®.

Awesome! Thanks so much! *hugs* ^__^ I originally had that blocked, so I'll see what has changed since I only receive it when I'm on DC.

Does anyone know why we are still missing the Encyclopedia pages for Great Spotteds, Hooktalons, Magelights and Morphos? Birthday releases all got theirs except for Morphos, and other three have been released over a year or so. Besides that, gemshards' view page never show their Encyclopedia page. Anybody know why?

I believe that their creators haven't written up the info yet.

But I agree about the gemshard pages not having a link. That's odd. I've unlocked them all.

But I agree about the gemshard pages not having a link. That's odd. I've unlocked them all.

That's still odd. Not much info is required for an initial Encyclopedia page(Name,Type, Habitat, Elemental Affinity, Appearance, and nothing else is shown) to begin with. Besides, apart from contributed to Hooktalons, Odeen also participated in this birthday release. Arias have their own revised pages out there very soon.

Wanna ask one more question: I really have a hard time finding mates for some of my checker projects. Do we have a tread where users can "complain"/list challenges they have? "Mates I may never find" or something similar?

Edited by Dragon p

I suspect that TJ just forgot, and no one pointed it out to him. :/

Because the info needed for the holder-page is all readily available already.

Cheers!

C4.

Wanna ask one more question: I really have a hard time finding mates for some of my checker projects. Do we have a tread where users can "complain"/list challenges they have? "Mates I may never find" or something similar?

Try the Checker Database Center. There are a lot of different checkers already listed. You can add all your own checkers to share with others and/or list the dragons you're still need mates for.

I got a PM (from a very recent member) and when I tried to reply I got the following message:

After checking, their "Total Cumulative Posts" is 0, so I guess they didn't post in the "introduce yourself" section yet--but then how could they PM me in the first place? huh.gif

Hm, I'm not sure. Maybe it lets them PM if they post an intro, even if it's not approved? If you PM me the name, perhaps I can look into it more? And double check with TJ about how PM'ing works with new members.

Does anyone know where I could find the 2014 Halloween Carnival event transcript? It's not on the wiki.

Try the Checker Database Center. There are a lot of different checkers already listed. You can add all your own checkers to share with others and/or list the dragons you're still need mates for.

hmm, that one helps a lot. But what I meant is a place to post those projects you can not find a mate, so maybe some one sees it as a good idea or pretty lineages and join you.

TJ, there is a discussion on a BSA for seeing S1s, S2s, and adults for species whose form cannot be determined by the egg. We need to know three things to determine how it'll work.

1. When is gender determined/fixed?

2. When is alting determined? (I know that was asked before, but we're hoping for a concrete answer.)

3. Is alting reset when a egg changes owners?

I'm asking these to try and get an official confirmation for the BSA.

If you want to ask a specific person a question, you should probably PM them to contact them directly.

hmm, that one helps a lot. But what I meant is a place to post those projects you can not find a mate, so maybe some one sees it as a good idea or pretty lineages and join you.

I post urgent needs in my sig. Also the even gen trading thread can be very helpful

Here it is.

For spreading /finding ideas, the even gen discussion thread can be useful - but you can't ask for things there.