TJ09

2015-01-15 - Raffle Status

It's not possible for previous winners to win again, correct? Good luck to everybody, happy to see this raffle going - sounds like good odds too. biggrin.gif

Actually, previous winners have the same odds at winning as anyone else. smile.gif

Edited by sheppardkid

It's not possible for previous winners to win again, correct? Good luck to everybody, happy to see this raffle going - sounds like good odds too. biggrin.gif

They can--it's happened at least twice.

If you have won in previous years you can win something this year.

But you can win only one egg each year.

Somebody please correct me if i guess it wrong.

ETA: ninja.gif ed

Edited by Tigerkralle

It's not possible for previous winners to win again, correct?

O hai user posted image

So jealous. I own a pretty EG Shimmer from this line, though. smile.gif

@Helel

To check if you won this year, just click: http://dragcave.net/holidays14/raffle

And cool! I didn't think it would be possible to win again, so I had no hopes of getting another Prize. It would be great to get a gorgeous shimmerscale to give tantd some company...

Edited by Taintedtamer

@Helel

To check if you won this year, just click: http://dragcave.net/holidays14/raffle

And cool! I didn't think it would be possible to win again, so I had no hopes of getting another Prize. It would be great to get a gorgeous shimmerscale to give tantd some company...

"Sorry, you were not selected as a winner in the 2014 Holiday Raffle."

Well... ok smile.gif

Congrats to the winners! wink.gif

P.S. Thanks for the link.

I keep clicking that link to make sure it hasn't changed on me.

I still can't believe I won. I keep expecting to wake up or be told it was a mistake.

I keep clicking that link to make sure it hasn't changed on me.

I still can't believe I won. I keep expecting to wake up or be told it was a mistake.

The same is true for me...

It is possible. smile.gif (I know of three users who own 2 CB Prizes, one of them won both of them in a raffle, the other one traded for the second one, and the third user was given their second one by their fiancé)

And actually one winner of the current 2014 raffle also had won in 2013. (she commented in this topic)

If I win as a backup winner I would cry cause that would be the first time I ever (not just on dragon cave) win a raffle but I'm more than likely not to win at all so congrats to the current winners and congrats to the backup winners who win

Okay, winners, how did so many of you already choose and submit your codes? I have had one full day of dithering and second guessing and mind changing already and I'm looking forward to another one tomorrow. I can't even decide if I want it to be a boy or a girl, or if I want to use the code as its name or give it an additional name, or if I want to base it on a character or a real person or make up a new personality for it... I deliberately didn't plan any of this stuff in advance because I didn't want to get my hopes up, and now, well. Huh. Um.

(For context, I have the flu and have been stuck at home for a while, so spending a day on the couch dithering about shimmer names is the most fun I've had all week. Thanks, DC. wink.gif)

I had no clue you could choose a code or how to check the ones already in use. I chose, then discovered my choice has already been in use. Dangit. I now know what I'd replace it with, but I'm not sure I'll be allowed to do so.

I hadn't really been paying attention to the raffle stuff this year since I usually end up disappointed, but then I checked my email and... I won a 3rd place prize! ohmy.gif Definitely excited, was a big surprise! c:

I'd really prefer not to have my inbox blow up with messages, but... it probably will since I mentioned winning something in here. sleep.gif

Edited by roughlandingholly

I hadn't really been paying attention to the raffle stuff this year since I usually end up disappointed, but then I checked my email and... I won a 3rd place prize! ohmy.gif  Definitely excited, was a big surprise! c:

I'd really prefer not to have my inbox blow up with messages, but... it probably will since I mentioned winning something in here. sleep.gif

Congrats on your win! Leaving a message in your signature or profile that you're not accepting offers at the moment would help. smile.gif

Winners - you are under no obligation to announce that you've won, particularly since many of you are fretting about getting spammed for breeding requests.

I say this first hand as the winner of Patxaran in the tree decorating contest. I did not get spammed for breeding requests because I did not announce that I had won. Easy.

Yup. To my fellow winners I suggest you growl as loud as you can if you're worried about getting flooded with PM's.

See my growling below.

I said I won third place when I check the link post but I receive no email I went and choose random but how do I do the id thing when main thing is breed (so I know in the future)

OH and if I did win this be my first (so please people don't drive me crazy on the breeding thing I going be more slow them most people because my class have started and I will be breeding and abandoning the offspring so other who can't afford trade get some and I will do be doing trade for rares I don't have, so it goes one breeding abandon next breeding trade, then abandon again) smile.gif

Edited by mblansett

Yup. To my fellow winners I suggest you growl as loud as you can if you're worried about getting flooded with PM's.

From what I can make out people in the forum have been very well behaved this year; so far I haven't heard of any winners being snowed under with requests. Could be wrong of course. But definitely a good idea to have your wishes clear in your sig and profile.

Edit: @mblansett when you go to the link you should have been presented with 2 choices: random and ID. To pick the ID (code) you just type what you want in the box making sure it is 5 characters and save.

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

I've only received two trade messages despite my sig note; thankfully they've both been very polite after I turned them down. Mostly it's just congratulations. I'm relieved, and very glad everybody's being so nice and positive this year! smile.gif

I've only received two trade messages despite my sig note; thankfully they've both been very polite after I turned them down. Mostly it's just congratulations. I'm relieved, and very glad everybody's being so nice and positive this year! smile.gif

You never had to tell people that you won. I just think it'd be easier not to, right?

You never had to tell people that you won. I just think it'd be easier not to, right?

When something good happens, most people will want to share it with others. Nothing wrong with that and you shouldn't get harrassed for it.

Anyway, congrats to all winners. I hope next year I will be one of you! lol