Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What Amaterasu-sama said smile.gif

Though I believe sitting alts and curled alts go through alternating phases where one of them is rare and the other one more common.

A few weeks ago I saw someone post in the congrats thread that they got a cb gold offered on their 2nd gen pb alt black trade. I have been breeding blacks from two specific pairings to fulfill an alt IOU for 1.5 years and ended up trading for one to fulfill the IOU. So yeah, they are pretty rare at the moment and sadly have been rare for almost two years.

What Amaterasu-sama said smile.gif

Though I believe sitting alts and curled alts go through alternating phases where one of them is rare and the other one more common.

A few weeks ago I saw someone post in the congrats thread that they got a cb gold offered on their 2nd gen pb alt black trade. I have been breeding blacks from two specific pairings to fulfill an alt IOU for 1.5 years and ended up trading for one to fulfill the IOU. So yeah, they are pretty rare at the moment and sadly have been rare for almost two years.

Thanks to both you and Amaterasu-sama. Wow, that's pretty intense! 1.5 years seems like forever. I'm stubborn with my goal to breed this first alt black myself. Hopefully I'll have better luck getting one sooner xd.png

Edited by andromedae

Thanks to both you and Amaterasu-sama. Wow, that's pretty intense! 1.5 years seems like forever. I'm stubborn with my goal to breed this first alt black myself. Hopefully I'll have better luck getting one sooner xd.png

wow CB gold for a alt black?! I might want to start trying for them. xd.png

It might be worth keeping an eye on gifting lists of Breeding, gifting and TGT (I believe these are the only two threads that gift alt), depending on how often one gets gifted an alt it might be some indication for their ratio. And also the rare trade thread.

Have Pyralspites gone down in value?

I saw one sitting in the alpine for a bit. I know it's christmas breeding at the moment but I thought they were rare enough that people would snatch them up.

Hey everyone! I'm not around much anymore so could someone please tell me... what's the deal with hollies? Are they still rare? What's the going rate for what gen? Thank you!

can you get a cb gold for a 3rd or 4th gen holly? stairstep with no alternating parent breeds

You can try, but I wouldn't hold out much hope. 2Gs usually go for the CB metals. Mostly.

Hey everyone! I'm not around much anymore so could someone please tell me... what's the deal with hollies? Are they still rare? What's the going rate for what gen? Thank you!

If you're looking for ~any~ holly, it's a relief to get them this year! You could try grabbing some from AP, will take a bit of effort but aegis are more difficult to catch so you can tell hollies aren't that hard to grab anymore. Many people are also gifting them in departures thread.

As for rarity, really only 2-3G are in demand as rares. Although many people are asking for stuff for their hollies, the only "rare" trades I have seen being offered are for 2Gs/3Gs.

Have Pyralspites gone down in value?

I saw one sitting in the alpine for a bit. I know it's christmas breeding at the moment but I thought they were rare enough that people would snatch them up.

Right now, no one would grab a pyral even if they really wanted one since they aren't that hard to grab/trade for on any given day. In general, yes almandines and spessartines are still listed as "rare" by trading standard, but their demand isn't as much anymore so you can say they're on lunar herald level.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

can you get a cb gold for a 3rd or 4th gen holly? stairstep with no alternating parent breeds

You can ask.There are new people around here with a bunch of metals in their scrolls, I read posts about people getting a CB Gold for a 3G Prize, not very different. Probably a 3G Holly is more valuable than a 3G Prize.

what can I get for this

and what can i get for this?

or would I have a higher long term gain from keeping it and breeding it next year?

Not sure what you can get for them, but I'm pretty certain trading them off now is the better choice. Hollies are becoming more common every year, and even this year everyone is looking for 2nd and 3rd gens. I doubt you'll get a lot for a 4th gen next year.

Not sure what you can get for them, but I'm pretty certain trading them off now is the better choice. Hollies are becoming more common every year, and even this year everyone is looking for 2nd and 3rd gens. I doubt you'll get a lot for a 4th gen next year.

thanks for the DC economic advice!

what can I get for this

and what can i get for this?

or would I have a higher long term gain from keeping it and breeding it next year?

2nd gens aren't super common and there's actually fewer and fewer new ones each year because CB owners are slowly going inactive (check my holly data sheet in my signature or the holly tracking thread). Last I calculated, 2g were at least 4x or more valuable than 2g prizes based on how many exist (not public desire).

3rd gens are a bit more common, and 4th gens are more so. Checkers aren't very common though because it involves talking to multiple active holly owners who own the same gender holly. Stairs and spirals are far more common, and gold mates are one of the most often used.

-advice from a cb holly owner

Edited by mo7

4g holly thuwed

whats it worth?

I'm assuming not as much as my 3gs but its a 4g and a thuwed with a very good lineage so it can't be worthless

Edited by blockEdragon

Coming back from a short hiatus and wanting to know whether I should hunt or trade to catch up on recent releases, and having trouble guessing because everything has been so holiday focused lately. How are recent release (Aug-Nov) hatchies trading in comparison to typical trade fodder like Xenos or to bred things like 2-3G metal checkers? And are some harder to get than others or all shaking out about the same?

Edit: thanks for the quick answer! Much appreciated.

Edited by shopfront

Coming back from a short hiatus and wanting to know whether I should hunt or trade to catch up on recent releases, and having trouble guessing because everything has been so holiday focused lately. How are recent release (Aug-Nov) hatchies trading in comparison to typical trade fodder like Xenos or to bred things like 2-3G metal checkers? And are some harder to get than others or all shaking out about the same?

Aeon Wyverns are slightly rarer and rather sought after because of their BSA (but still less valuable than Xenos). Other new releases are pretty common, I think you'll have no trouble catching them.

What would be the "price" of a CB Gaia Xeno? I tried offering on a single trade I found, and got declined several times. The first offer was a CB Xeno swap (Astrapi). The second was a CB Mageia Xeno swap. These were things the person WANTED in their trade.

Are CB Gaias going for the cost of a CB Silver lately? I have a CB Silver, but I didn't want to trade her for a CB Gaia unless absolutely necessary.

So, what would be the appropriate number of dragons/type of dragons to trade for a CB Gaia?

I have a CB Silver, CB Rainbow Copper, 2x Release date Xmas dragons, Paper, Cheese, Gold Wyvern (CB), and CB Mageia Xeno x2 (one female hatchie). Also have a lot of commons from the low time AP, like Glacewings, Honeydrakes, Mints, etc.

I am desperate for a CB Gaia, but don't know what I have to have to get one! Are these really so rare not even a CB Silver can get me one? ohmy.gif

I don't think a Gaia would worth more than a Silver.

Coppers or christmas dragons sound enough and I'm sure more of them will show up in the cave now that holiday breedings are over.

How many Xenowyrms would be acceptable to exchange for a CB Silver? I'm currently look for those, so...any input would be nice smile.gif

How many Xenowyrms would be acceptable to exchange for a CB Silver? I'm currently look for those, so...any input would be nice smile.gif

I believe I once traded about 3 CB Xenos for a CB Silver (mageia, gaia, and pyro) and maybe another pyro, I can't remember. But I do think that my trade partner didn't care about which types of Xenowyrms they were as it was a few weeks before halloween and he wanted to zombify them. Mostly, it depends on the type (chrono and gaia are typically worth more).

I believe I once traded about 3 CB Xenos for a CB Silver (mageia, gaia, and pyro) and maybe another pyro, I can't remember. But I do think that my trade partner didn't care about which types of Xenowyrms they were as it was a few weeks before halloween and he wanted to zombify them. Mostly, it depends on the type (chrono and gaia are typically worth more).

Great info, thanks!

I have a CB Green Copper and I've been working on getting 2nd Gen mates for my holidays as hatchlings to save time and space. How many would be fair to ask for? I'm not really sure how Coppers have been trading lately. :/