Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Came back a couple weeks ago after a long hiatus. I got a CB Nebula and CB Striped, and wondering if they're worth anything? Not really looking for anything specific, probably just going to toss them up and see what I get.

Came back a couple weeks ago after a long hiatus. I got a CB Nebula and CB Striped, and wondering if they're worth anything? Not really looking for anything specific, probably just going to toss them up and see what I get.

Stripes have become super common, so I wouldn't expect too much from it. The Nebula might fetch something, depending on the location of where it was caught. Alpine Nebulas are harder to get than Desert Nebs and thus are more valuable.

Stripes have become super common, so I wouldn't expect too much from it. The Nebula might fetch something, depending on the location of where it was caught. Alpine Nebulas are harder to get than Desert Nebs and thus are more valuable.

Oh dang really? ohmy.gif I caught one in the Alpine a couple weeks ago, had no idea it would be the rarer one.

Maybe Ill keep them and see if they gender right, still need males of both species.

Maybe a bit of a noob question, but do Spessartines/Almadines only give their species eggs? i.e are 2G spess worth anything?

Maybe a bit of a noob question, but do Spessartines/Almadines only give their species eggs? i.e are 2G spess worth anything?

Nope to both questions! tongue.gif

Some dragons just got really hard breeding ratios when breeding to certain dragons depending on if they are old,new, common, uncommon or rare.

Its only worth anything if someone is wanting a 2gen for a linage they are working on. Its better to look for someone asking for it.

I agree with maylin. 2G Almandines/Spessartines are worth almost next to nothing unless someone is specifically looking for them. It's amazing how CBs are awesome but as soon as you breed them, their offspring are undesirable. rolleyes.gif

Are 4th gen prize worth anything these days? maybe a couple of Olive hatchies unsure.gif

Edited by rrattts

I missed most of this Christmas just gone, does anyone remember what 3G Hollies were going for? (Non-Christmas swap value range would be most useful)

So I have a 3rd gen Gold shimmer, staircase with f gold that I put up for trade. I got no bites at all, and while I ended up trading it, I had to contact the trader, not the other way around. So my question is, what's the current rarity of a 3rd gen prize. I know 2nd gens can go for a soul + several organs, and that a 3rd gen isn't worth near as much, but I had the impression they were still kind of rare. What has everyone else experienced when trading their 3rd gen prizes?

Edited by pollyfirstfirst

So I have a 3rd gen Gold shimmer, lineage here: ----- that I put up for trade. I got no bites at all, and while I ended up trading it, I had to contact the trader, not the other way around. So my question is, what's the current rarity of a 3rd gen prize. I know 2nd gens can go for a soul + several organs, and that a 3rd gen isn't worth near as much, but I had the impression they were still kind of rare. What has everyone else experienced when trading their 3rd gen prizes?

(Do you still own that dragon? If not, please just describe the line rather than link to it. Sorry - I'm a bit confused by the beginning of your post!)

I traded a 3rd gen from a common checker for some olive hatchies (I believe I asked for two and got more than that) and a PM from another interested party for which I plan on setting up a future trade for olive hatchies.

I traded a 3rd gen holiday stair, but I was the offer-er rather than the asker. Someone was offering a few olive hatchies and asking for offers. I offered a 2nd gen gold and the 3rd gen stair because I wasn't sure either was really desireable by themselves. Plus I wanted the hatchies and had good luck breeding. =p

Both prizes were bronze shimmers.

What were you asking for? If you were just asking for offers, I would think there are definitely still people interested in offering on your line. Maybe you just posted at unfortunate times where not many people saw?

^^I still currently own the dragon. It won't be out of my hands for another day, and I've edited the post. Thanks for your help!

So I have a 3rd gen Gold shimmer, staircase with f gold that I put up for trade. I got no bites at all, and while I ended up trading it, I had to contact the trader, not the other way around. So my question is, what's the current rarity of a 3rd gen prize. I know 2nd gens can go for a soul + several organs, and that a 3rd gen isn't worth near as much, but I had the impression they were still kind of rare. What has everyone else experienced when trading their 3rd gen prizes?

It can really depend on the line and timing luck, I got a CB silver for my last 3g and I've been getting a few hatchies for many of my 4gs. But then other times trades will sit and sit. There are some lines that I just don't bother to breed for trade anymore. You might find a stair with a gold mate is a little harder to shift because people need CB golds to continue the line + unless they have loads of them it makes more sense to breed for 2g metals than 4g prizes, so that might be narrowing your possible traders.

I suspect right now people are starting to prep for Valentines and that is also getting in your way.

I traded a Paper for one...
I would definitely say that isn't their worth. I saw the person you traded with and they were rather new, so I would say you got very lucky in that trade. I'd personally trade a CB Silver for a 2G Alt, but I'm too lazy and unwilling to hatch eggs myself. I wouldn't know their exact rarity, but a Paper seems awfully low to me.

ANYTHING mated with CB Golds is going to be extremely difficult to trade. 3G TinShims are pretty sought after, but the fact that it requires a CB Gold to continue, you may get a very low number of offers, or even none at all. :/

I'd personally trade a CB Silver for a 2G Alt, but I'm too lazy and unwilling to hatch eggs myself. I wouldn't know their exact rarity, but a Paper seems awfully low to me.

I recently traded two 2G metals (I think silvers?) from holiday mates for a 2G alt! I really needed the alt as I wasn't having luck breeding my own for a trade. To think I thought that was an over-offer, woah laugh.gif

Are there other frequently used sites that are user friendly for trading besides these forums? I feel like I should be posting elsewhere as well as I don't always get offers on my trades from the forums.

Are there other frequently used sites that are user friendly for trading besides these forums? I feel like I should be posting elsewhere as well as I don't always get offers on my trades from the forums.

here ya go

Eggs around the world

Honestly the forum is the best place to post trades. The forums have a steady steam of people that see trades. Maybe you're asking for too much? user posted image

But like blockEdragon suggested, EaTW has a trading system. I personally don't use it often, nor look for trades there. I use the forums.

I use EATW a lot myself for trading^^

I made a trade with you on there this morning for that copper laugh.gif

@predatorfan4ever

That may be why you never see the ND trades asking for golds! xd.png

You should check there more!

Is a 4G Prize a fair price for a 2G holiday?

I'm thinking of breeding some prizes to trade them for 2G holidays I need, but not sure if it's worth it.

Or maybe I should just stalk the AP.

Edited by Gealach

Is a 4G Prize a fair price for a 2G holiday?

I'm thinking of breeding some prizes to trade them for 2G holidays I need, but not sure if it's worth it.

Or maybe I should just stalk the AP.

It usually took me a Xeno or Copper to get 2g swaps, so it's not wildly out of value but might not be an easy swap. I suspect you'd have more luck with the AP, many won't want to spend scroll space raising non-holidays during Valentine breeding which will cut down further on your potential trades.