Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Are balloon dragons now rare? I see none in the cave.

I think you can blame my grandson. He collects them. He caught three CBs today...

You can't GET a 2g spriter's alt. The alts are exclusive to the spriters' scrolls. But many spriters will breed 2 gens from their alts for a trade if you ask very nicely. (I had the same issue when doing my white holiday thing - I needed some; I asked and almost every spriter I asked either gave me one or told me what they wanted in trade.)

I actually have many 2g spriter's alts-almost all gotten with trading with the spriter's...I try to be polite and read their profiles before sending a pm, and most have their trades closed, so I don't see the point in bothering them, and possibly getting blocked.

How much do 2G & 3G Silvers worth in term of CB rare eggs & CB common hatchies?

Edited by vi_obsession

It depends on their mate

A silver from a common mate or a new release like almerald in bound to be at least a cb copper or 2 and maybe 4-5 common hatchies as well.

But it also depends on if you have a silver from a mate someone is looking for. You could have a silver from whiptail but if that's not the mate a person is looking for then chances are you won't be able to trade it very high

All in all its kind of a gamble

I actually have many 2g spriter's alts-almost all gotten with trading with the spriter's...I try to be polite and read their profiles before sending a pm, and most have their trades closed, so I don't see the point in bothering them, and possibly getting blocked.

Don't you mean with an alt PARENT ? From the (admittedly not official) wiki:

A Spriter's Alt is a version of a dragon, generally a Holiday dragon, recolored and given to the artists involved. These are restricted to the spriters' own scrolls, and different-colored alts cannot be bred.
Edited by fuzzbucket

Fuzz I don't think they mean they have actual alts just regular coloured offspring from the alts

That was what I said they must mean - and they immediately said they have spriter alts. I don't care that much as long as no-one gets the idea they CAN get the alts from these posts !

That was what I said they must mean - and they immediately said they have spriter alts. I don't care that much as long as no-one gets the idea they CAN get the alts from these posts !

I thought offspring from a cb anything were called 2g, or second gens...so, if a offspring from a spriter's alt-which is a cb-would be called a second gen=2g correct? Which is what I have...I never said I had a direct spriter's alt, just second gen offspring-which of course would be regular colored eggs...eta, and people in trades do tend to call the second gen eggs from spriter's alts 2g spriter's alts-which is where I learned and began using the same terms...

Edited by pixiezbite

I thought offspring from a cb anything were called 2g, or second gens...so, if a offspring from a spriter's alt-which is a cb-would be called a second gen=2g correct? Which is what I have...I never said I had a direct spriter's alt, just second gen offspring-which of course would be regular colored eggs...eta, and people in trades do tend to call the second gen eggs from spriter's alts 2g spriter's alts-which is where I learned and began using the same terms...

I actually have many 2g spriter's alts-almost all gotten with trading with the spriter's..

was what I was responding to. No biggie. Just that I know some people DO hope to get actual alts.

I actually have many 2g spriter's alts-almost all gotten with trading with the spriter's..

was what I was responding to. No biggie. Just that I know some people DO hope to get actual alts.

fwiw I think most people use "2g alt" or "2g spriter's alt" to refer to a normal 2g from a CB alt. That's the only context I've ever seen it in, anyway, although I don't doubt that some people hope to obtain the alts themselves.

What's a 2g prizefail worth these days?

I haven't used dragcave for a bit, so sorry if this is a silly question!

What could I trade that would be a good offer for a CB sapphire? I tried to get one earlier today for an hour (volcano) with no luck. I was thinking of offering a CB Aeon.

Edited by coo_

I haven't used dragcave for a bit, so sorry if this is a silly question!

What could I trade that would be a good offer for a CB sapphire? I tried to get one earlier today for an hour (volcano) with no luck. I was thinking of offering a CB Aeon.

I'm working on hoarding sapphies; they're pretty common. I think you should keep trying to catch one - try switching biomes more often. If you wanna offer up a trade, maybe a 2g hybrid or two (an avatar might be a good choice if you can breed one). I'm sure you'd get a bite if you offered a CB aeon, but if you offer a CB aeon, I'd probably ask for at least two cb sapphires.

I'm working on hoarding sapphies; they're pretty common. I think you should keep trying to catch one - try switching biomes more often. If you wanna offer up a trade, maybe a 2g hybrid or two (an avatar might be a good choice if you can breed one). I'm sure you'd get a bite if you offered a CB aeon, but if you offer a CB aeon, I'd probably ask for at least two cb sapphires.

Awesome, thanks so much!

Is it technically possible to trade a curled Alt Black for a sitting Alt Black? That is, can the two types appear at the same time?

(I think they could not in the past but I'm not sure if it has changed.)

Been away for almost two years so I'm out of the loop - are CB Blacks still uncommon and desirable? Do people still want them? I ended up reflex clicking one because they used to be so rare, but don't really need it.

Been away for almost two years so I'm out of the loop - are CB Blacks still uncommon and desirable? Do people still want them? I ended up reflex clicking one because they used to be so rare, but don't really need it.

They are rather (un)common right now. It's easy to catch them and they are not in a high demand, unless they are a 2nd gen alt. I honestly think it would be hard to trade a cb black for something else.

And welcome back! smile.gif

How much would a CB Gaia, a CB Thassala, and a CB Pyro be worth? Would they be worth a CB Silver combined?

Edited by Cheekadee

A cb silver? No I doubt it

If you have maybe cb gaia, cb chrono, cb thalassa and another cb gaia or chrono that might be worth a cb silver

Beep boop. Still wondering.

My usual answer is that it depends on whether someone is requesting a breed that's already on my list or whether they're requesting a special breeding. I don't tend to ask loads for the former, but I would ask much more for the latter because it takes up a breeding opportunity that I could be using to try and breed a shiny for a lister. Definitions of "not loads" and "much more" may vary from person to person, though. smile.gif

Would it be feasible to ask for a Halloween egg in exchange for a CB almandine?

Edit: A CB Halloween egg.

Edited by Jazeki

My usual answer is that it depends on whether someone is requesting a breed that's already on my list or whether they're requesting a special breeding.  I don't tend to ask loads for the former, but I would ask much more for the latter because it takes up a breeding opportunity that I could be using to try and breed a shiny for a lister.  Definitions of "not loads" and "much more" may vary from person to person, though.  smile.gif

Thanks. I'm looking more at fails from existing breedings, I think.

Would it be feasible to ask for a Halloween egg in exchange for a CB almandine?

Edit: A CB Halloween egg.

Gonna go with no, unless Almandines floated back into their former ultra-ultra-rare status while I wasn't looking. CB Halloweens, as a one-time-only thing, tend to bring some pretty good prices. I usually think of things like low-g prizes (2g maybe) or NDs in connection with CB Halloweens, although I think you could get 1:2 for a CB Gold or CB ND with a bit of patience.

What is a CB Nexus worth? Maybe a CB autumn?

Edited by coo_