Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Just about anything if I already had one. A Storm or Red hatchie is what would make me go catch one though... or a two headed hatchie. What? I need Storms and Reds...

Just about anything if I already had one. A Storm or Red hatchie is what would make me go catch one though... or a two headed hatchie. What? I need Storms and Reds...

Thanks. :3 I finally got a bite for the vamp I was offering.

If I wanted to offer a cheese egg for storm hatchlings. How many storm hatchlings do you think would make it a fair trade?

I just got a cheese egg by trading two common hatchies for it (a sunstone and tanger, as the trade was for any two hatchies).

I have this 3rd gen silver from a holiday lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/gdurc

Which I thought was really cute. I asked for 2nd gen xenos or coppers but I'm getting zero offers. What would something like that go for these days?

Also, what are Bolt hatchies worth? Anything?

Should I expect that they're worth more than the average cb common?

Please use the edit button near the upper right of your post unless you're doing a lot of coding, such as quotes, or you are bumping a day after your last post.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Bolt hatchies are worth about the same as average CB commons.

I don't really think that Silver is worth more than a checker or two. It's not a perfect checker or purebred.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I don't really think that Silver is worth more than a checker or two. It's not a perfect checker or purebred.

What does this mean? A checker of what? Is a 2nd gen xeno not a good trade?

A checker looks like http://dragcave.net/lineage/nlDyY where the males are all one breed. There are also rare alternating xheckers where eg. 2st gen is m copper and f blusang, 2nd gen is m blusang and f copper, 3rd gen is m copper and f blusang, and so on with any breed replacong coppers abd any other breed replacing blusangs.

Your dragon is not a perfect checker, so you are more likely to get a checker than a 2G Xeno.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I checked out your trade post.

There's a couple things going on there:

You're not likely going to get CB Xenowyrms, CB Pyralspites(nix Pyropes), or CB Coppers for your Silver. It's a cute lineage, but nothing nice enough to get a CB of any of those breeds, IN MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Yes, it's a Silver, but I personally wouldn't trade any of the above for it.

Now, a 2nd Gen Xenowyrm you might get for it (I would give you one free!), but your trade post asks for CAVEBORNS, not 2nd Gens like you claim.

Another thing is you have to be patient. You posted a couple hours ago, and some trades take a while before someone takes the bait. Someone might not have what you're looking for, or in this case, might not see eye-to-eye on value.

I have this 3rd gen silver from a holiday lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/gdurc

Which I thought was really cute. I asked for 2nd gen xenos or coppers but I'm getting zero offers. What would something like that go for these days?

2g xeno for a a silver isn't far fetched. Problem is

1. No one probably wants to trade for the silver because even gens are mostly popular only if they're perfect checkerboards. So it doesn't matter what you're asking in return, even if it's fair.

2. No one probably wants to breed a 2g xeno and hold an egg spot to do the trade because 3G silvers aren't particularly uncommon.

It's really more about finding right person at right time who wants the silver, than what you're asking for. Also someone who is able to breed a 2g xeno or copper will likely not need a 3g silver since they can get them easily.

If you're looking for 2g xenos, you can find them in AP (I have caught plenty) or request in breeding, gifting for free (including the 2g copper). This way you don't have to part with the silver either.

Also, what are Bolt hatchies worth? Anything?

Should I expect that they're worth more than the average cb common?

About the same as cb common but since they're the last released hatchies in aug release, they may still be in demand for people who haven't completed their required numbers. It would be best to look out for those trades. I've traded plenty storm hatchies 1:1 with 3g metals.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

How many Storm hatchies of any lineagge or clean lineaged/CB Red hatchies could I get for a Silver Lunar Herald egg? How about for a Silver Lunar Herald hatchie?

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

What's reasonable to ask for if you have a 2nd-gen from an Honorable Mention hybrid up for trade?

I went searching for you because I thought I had remembered an HM winner saying they had trouble even giving away 2nd gen offspring for free. Couldn't find that, but did find this: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...0entry9180035 They got a couple storm hatchies a few months ago.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Going off the discussion a couple pages ago about CB Gaias trading 1:1 for CB Green Coppers and CB Golds trading 1:2 (or 3) CB Silvers: what's the current CB Silver to Gaia/Green Copper ratio? And: are CB Silvers more in demand than their equivalent in multiple less-rare eggs (coppers, xenos, blusangs, etc)?

While there's always hope of randomly having exactly what someone wants for their gold, I usually see CB Golds being traded for either NDs or 2nd-gen prizes. If I want to assemble a really good trade but can't offer either of those things, what should I try to stock up on?

Going off the discussion a couple pages ago about CB Gaias trading 1:1 for CB Green Coppers and CB Golds trading 1:2 (or 3) CB Silvers: what's the current CB Silver to Gaia/Green Copper ratio? And: are CB Silvers more in demand than their equivalent in multiple less-rare eggs (coppers, xenos, blusangs, etc)?

While there's always hope of randomly having exactly what someone wants for their gold, I usually see CB Golds being traded for either NDs or 2nd-gen prizes. If I want to assemble a really good trade but can't offer either of those things, what should I try to stock up on?

I have traded 2 gaia for silver and 1 gaia+1 GC for silver as well. I haven't managed to trade 2GC for silver. These trades are pure luck and though not as common, may happen once a while. I have repeatedly traded gaia for GC and its fairly established price for me. However I have not tried to get a gaia for GC and I am not sure if it is possible.

As for gold, theoretically a lot of things should be possible. But in Reality the market seems totally skewed at the moment. I have not seen a single trade where anyone was trading cb gold for anything other than 2g prize (mostly) or ND. I have seen some ridiculously good stock up trades like bunch of cb silvers, coppers, Xenos etc. all for one cb gold. I don't know if they were success but I have tried doing this myself (2 cb silvers, 2 cb gaias, 2 cb coppers including green, cb thalassa - all for one gold) and have not succeeded. I would say finding someone trading for anything other than ND/2g prize might be really difficult but if you want to try anyway, cb Xenos, coppers and silvers would be what I recommend for the pack.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I have a couple questions about worth, and I would appreciate if there was anyone willing to PM me and get me up to speed! Thank you!

What is the ratio to trade 3G Prize, 2G Silver & CB Coppers for pink & red hatchies?

Edited by vi_obsession

How many CB common hatchlings would a 3G prize be worth?

As with any other trade, that very much depends on the trader.

As for myself:

As Prize owner, I wouldn't be interested in CB common hatchies.

But, if I were offering on a 3G Prize for which the owner is asking for CB common hatchies, I'd happily offer up to 8 non-specific hatchies, maybe more if I really liked the lineage.

More commonly though, I've successfully offered (and requested) 1 Copper, 1 or 2 Xenos, 2 Gemshards or 2 Lunar Heralds.

Then again, I've also traded a 3G Prize for a CB Silver, so there's really a lot of fluctuation in value.

Edited by littleironhorse

As with any other trade, that very much depends on the trader.

As for myself:

As Prize owner, I wouldn't be interested in CB common hatchies.

But, if I were offering on a 3G Prize for which the owner is asking for CB common hatchies, I'd happily offer up to 8 non-specific hatchies, maybe more if I really liked the lineage.

More commonly though, I've successfully offered (and requested) 1 Copper, 1 or 2 Xenos, 2 Gemshards or 2 Lunar Heralds.

Then again, I've also traded a 3G Prize for a CB Silver, so there's really a lot of fluctuation in value.

Thanks! I was asking since I have a 2G I was planning to breed sometime in the near future.

I saw a few posts by people offering one CB Aeon and asking for 2 CB Dark Luminas. Considering the number of Dark Luminas dropping in the biomes (not dropping) would the opposite make sense?