Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

So I have this geode and this shimmer, and the both have multiple spirals/stairs in the lineage. I don't think it's messy, but I'm not getting any offers. (The shimmer is in the process of being ERed - I hope as a hatchie more people will be interested.)

How much are people asking for 2nd gen metal fails these days?

After the release, I hope to get a 2nd gen Summer from Summer x Female Gold wub.gif

Edited by Xythus

So I have this geode and this shimmer, and the both have multiple spirals/stairs in the lineage. I don't think it's messy, but I'm not getting any offers. (The shimmer is in the process of being ERed - I hope as a hatchie more people will be interested.)

Those would be considered messy by most people because of the multiple and uneven spirals and stairs. While someone who doesn't yet have a geode or a shimmer at all might like them as a gift, most folks are looking for even-gens or stairs. You probably won't have much luck trading them unless someone just wants a messy to freeze.

How much are people asking for 2nd gen metal fails these days?

After the release, I hope to get a 2nd gen Summer from Summer x Female Gold wub.gif

At least a handful of players are avid collectors, metal fails swaps are the usual deals. AP hunting usually results in a good number of metal fails to pick up and use as trade fodder too.

If that doesn't work for you I'd be happy to try to breed in exchange for a pretty 2g common from a holiday or old pink or something along those lines.

I'm curious as to what an egg with this lineage is worth. I got the mother as a gift (for which I'm still thankful). I just want to know if this is a decent thing to gift or trade c:

I think it is definitely a decent linegae to gift to people without golds, but in trades it will be hard to get more than 1-2 common hatchies for it.

With Halloween coming soon I'm wondering why we should bother snagging as many as we can when they're apparently worthless as trade fodder mates. All you see in trade threads is NO Holiday mates. So other than grabbing a couple of pairs for your Scroll, what good are they? I'm even no longer breeding with them due to this.

With Halloween coming soon I'm wondering why we should bother snagging as many as we can when they're apparently worthless as trade fodder mates. All you see in trade threads is NO Holiday mates. So other than grabbing a couple of pairs for your Scroll, what good are they? I'm even no longer breeding with them due to this.

I do it for lineage projects. Doing checkers is much easier when you have an army of your own.

Question:

What would a 2nd gen gold from an alt sweetling be worth?

It depends on the trader. There are a few that want holidays, because they like the lines, but it boils down to personal preference.

Personally, for the Halloween dragons, I don't do much with Pygmies except breed for Halloween. The Lurkers don't interest me too much, but I did get 7 CBs last year, and have bred them for random trades, where someone is looking for nice 2nd gens. I do use my CB Shadows, and I regret terribly that I did not get any of the CB Marrows. I am gradually trying to build even-gens with the 2nd gens marrows that I do have, and love it when I find the random EG 3rd gen Marrow checker in the AP.

That said, I do find them more interesting when bred with commons/uncommons. I'm not that interested in breeding them with Prize Dragons, apart from one of my Shimmer lines.

I will be looking for as many as I can find of the new dragon and pretty Marrows, or matches for my current 2nd gens, come Halloween. Maybe a few more Shadows.

I hope this helps.

Shimmers and Tinsels with Holiday mates are very pretty, but for the most part I can't continue the lineages. I see no reason to trade for something I can't continue the lineage of, unless the offer is very, very nice. It makes more sense to me to use my resources on lineages I can continue. I'm guessing a lot of people feel the same way. :B

This will be my first year of actually being around for the Halloween release, so I'm looking forward to it. user posted image I don't want to miss out on any future lineage projects requiring this year's release.

Well, you have to remember that, for many people, they've simply run out of Holiday mates. I really love some Holiday pairings (Silver x Rosebud <3), but on top of the already extremely low limit of two, I freeze one. I already have a 2nd gen Silver from Rosebud paired with mine, leaving a few higher gen Silvers from beautiful Rosebud stairs to languish, so I'm more reluctant to trade for Rosebud lineages. Oh, I'll trade for pretty ones, but knowing I can't continue them definitely keeps me from going over the top pay-wise. Halloweens aren't quite as bad, seeing as we can get a bunch of CBs, but even then people run out; I have about 7-8 CB SWs, but they all already have metal mates, so again, I'm not much inclined to grab more. Other people are probably experiencing the same, and as more older players leave and more newer players join, the number of people with CB Holidays--especially older ones--is always going down rather than up.

That being said! Checkers with Halloweens--since they don't require you to bolster your number of CBs--can be somewhat valuable. And heck, even if Halloweens don't have much trade value, that's not to say you shouldn't collect them. I think Marrows and SWs are some of the prettiest dragons in the cave, and I'm looking forward to expanding my Halloween x Common checkers this year, trade value be hanged. So if you only care about collecting dragons for trading, then sure, look elsewhere--but if you just want to collect some beautiful dragons then hey, snap them up! biggrin.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Then don't grab as many as you can if all you care about is those stairstep lineages (which in my opinion are a little overrated). :T I'm grabbing as much as I can, because like others have said, even gen. checkered lineages.

Question:

Bump! I'm still not sure what I should expect.

Question:

I've got anything from 2nd gen metals to 4th gen shimmers/tinsels for 2nd gen gold x alt sweetlings. I've never received CB metal offers on my 2nd gens, but then again I've never asked for those. I tend to be flexible, though, & will accept a different offer than what I might be asking for. Like always, it really depends on what you're willing to accept.

How much do people like Tsunami Wyverns? I notice they're not classified as rare anymore, so how generally liked are they now?

I've got anything from 2nd gen metals to 4th gen shimmers/tinsels for 2nd gen gold x alt sweetlings. I've never received CB metal offers on my 2nd gens, but then again I've never asked for those. I tend to be flexible, though, & will accept a different offer than what I might be asking for. Like always, it really depends on what you're willing to accept.

Thanks for the reply! All of that seems reasonable. I was especially curious since the thread had just pointed out that so many people don't want holiday lineages. smile.gif

What are the values of CB Coppers in relation to each other? I mean, is there a type of CB Copper which is more common/unommon than the others? Or are they more or less equal?

Been trying to swap an Orange for a Green, and since I haven't paid much attention to that, it would be nice to know. Thanks! <3

EDIT: Thank you, Amazon_warrior smile.gif

Edited by ZzelaBusya

What are the values of CB Coppers in relation to each other? I mean, is there a type of CB Copper which is more common/unommon than the others? Or are they more or less equal?

Been trying to swap an Orange for a Green, and since I haven't paid much attention to that, it would be nice to know. Thanks! <3

There seems to be a perception that the green Coppers are rarest, then orange, and brown are "commonest". I suspect they're probably actually intended to be equal in rarity, but that there's observational bias based on peoples' perceptions of how fast the respective biomes move and thus the "availability" of each colour of Copper.

Lineage breeding may play into that a bit too, as it seems to be a bit easier to use the blues in pretty color combos. The other colors are a little more tricky to pair up IMO. I think that puts a little more demand on the blues. YMMV

How much is a Brown Copper worth nowadays? Is it equal to a 2nd-3rd Gen Shimmer? Also, is there a difference in rarity between a Blue, Orange, or Brown Copper?

How much is a Brown Copper worth nowadays? Is it equal to a 2nd-3rd Gen Shimmer? Also, is there a difference in rarity between a Blue, Orange, or Brown Copper?

Not really a difference in the colors, just personal preference if someone asks for a green in exchange for a red.

2nd gen shimmers are worth whatever the CB Shimmers want them to be worth, imo. A CB Copper might be worth a 3rd (I'd say a 3rd gen. shimmer is worth more).

What would you say a Paper egg is worth?

The only things I am actively looking for right now is nicely lineaged metals and CB Vines and CB Blacks. What gen Metal SS you think is reasonable? Could I ask for multiple vines/blacks?

^I have the same sort of question. I've got this Cheese that I don't really need, but I'm not really sure what they're valued at anymore. I'd really like a CB Gold but that's probably not gonna happen. Would it be fair to ask for a 2nd or 3rd gen Gold? I also asked for a CB Blusang or a similar CB.

I think it's fair but idk what's your guys' input.