Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

Does anyone know what a chicken is worth?

I didn't notice it above.

Edited by thomasgold19

Does anyone know what a chicken is worth?

This was posted just a few posts above:

Chickens are all over the place as far as trade value goes. Some people (like me) would let them go cheap because we don't really need more chickens. Other people hoard them and offer some pretty nice things for them.

Best bet is to find people who have an offer up and check to see if they have a wish list in their profile, see if there is anything there you can do.

GW, red dorsal, tan ridgewing, thunder, would probably get one, maybe a couple of BSA hatchies, or something with an unusually pretty lineage. Other than that give it your best shot and hope for the best.

Looks pretty accurate to me. smile.gif

Sometimes I offer on trades that have "offers" because what I offered I'll gladly keep and if I do get accepted, then cool.

Chickens vary. Sometimes people want them, sometimes they don't. They're quire rare in my opinion, though. I'd give a nice shimmer for it. But it's not worth a CB Metallic, but it might be worth a CB Blusang, etc.

Are CB Green Opals really that rare?

They are more uncommon than Blue ones, that's for sure. However, I've seen about an equal amount of Blusangs as Green Opals. I'd say they're decently uncommon and in demand, but not rare.

They are more uncommon than Blue ones, that's for sure. However, I've seen about an equal amount of Blusangs as Green Opals. I'd say they're decently uncommon and in demand, but not rare.

I didn't think so either, but based on what people offer for them. Wow(!)

How much is a CB Speckled Throated worth? I caught one by accident, and wanted to know if it is worth something or not.

Thank you in advance. smile.gif

I've a Silver Shimmer that I've offered on a trade yesterday or the day before and still haven't heard a thing.

On a different note - I have a 4gen Bronze Shimmer with the unfortunate mate choice of Ribbon Dancers - people keep saying No Holiday mates yet practically the only mates I seem to get are the damned Shadow Walkers. So what can I ask for my 4gen Bronze Shimmer with Ribbon Dancer mates - or do I even bother since everyone is now so picky.

My unfortunate Fafnir http://dragcave.net/lineage/B66TS

Okay so: I'd love to get a 2nd gen Gray from black Sweetling. What should I offer so I won't overpay? I'm not sure if I should try to sacrifice my CB Blusang.

@replies - thanks for letting me know c: I've just got a free one.

Edited by Light Concorde

I've a Silver Shimmer that I've offered on a trade yesterday or the day before and still haven't heard a thing.

On a different note - I have a 4gen Bronze Shimmer with the unfortunate mate choice of Ribbon Dancers - people keep saying No Holiday mates yet practically the only mates I seem to get are the damned Shadow Walkers. So what can I ask for my 4gen Bronze Shimmer with Ribbon Dancer mates - or do I even bother since everyone is now so picky.

My unfortunate Fafnir http://dragcave.net/lineage/B66TS

I think if you don't want another same gen with a holiday mate you are probably looking at a trade for a 5th or 6th gen of something with non-holiday mate. Either way, trade value of the offspring won't be great.

Okay so: I'd love to get a 2nd gen Gray from black Sweetling. What should I offer so I won't overpay? I'm not sure if I should try to sacrifice my CB Blusang.

TBH, I don't know for sure, but I've seen some rather pricey things being asked for. The 2nd gen Blacks I have on my scroll from Alts are either bred from nice people in IRC per breeding request, or traded for. I gave away a couple of CB Hatchlings for one, and gave an even gen metal for the other. Once, I saw a 2nd gen white asking for metallics in trades, and once I saw a 2nd gen Red in the departure thread. I guess it really depends on the person.

Sooo, I've been on a mini hiatus for the last two months. So, what's the usual price of the four new breeds? And is there a metal rush in the cave, again?

Metal RUSH?? I laugh in your face ha HAH! Not according to several of us!

Green Opals are still kinda pricey (Forest only), people still want CB metals

Blue Opals not nearly as and easier to snag

Duotones are dead easy to snag

July's duo

Bloodscales can be found a lot in the AP as well as Alpine

the one hiding in the trees is really easy to snare too

Edited by Ayelldee

I got online in July just for the release, so i've got them covered. Still, I need more of them xd.png

Heh. I saw that "CB metals everywhere" thread showed up again, so I thought to ask. One can always hope biggrin.gif

Thank you very much.

P.O.O., I hope you realize that said in jest. Joke. Meant to be funny. I haven't seen CB metals for a week but I guess others sure are if you judge by the trading thread.

I got online in July just for the release, so i've got them covered. Still, I need more of them xd.png

Heh. I saw that "CB metals everywhere" thread showed up again, so I thought to ask. One can always hope biggrin.gif

Thank you very much.

I don't know if it's a rush; sometimes I don't see any at all. But I haven't really been steady hunting, except for new releases, because I've had a lot of breeding projects going on, and I managed to catch 6 in the last month or so.

Still, I don't know how much of that is a rush and how much of it has to do with new releases and the upswing in Coppers and Blusangs. When people get really focused on those eggs and their descriptions it gets easier to snag rares. IME, people going hunting and only looking for one or two eggs have a better chance than most people who are looking for anything good, but with all the new dragons people keep splitting their focus.

Editing so I don't double post:

My niece is looking to try to get some commons from CB Hollies. Anyone have a generalized idea of what kind of trade that would take?

Edited by skauble

My niece is looking to try to get some commons from CB Hollies. Anyone have a generalized idea of what kind of trade that would take?

I think as there are not many active users with cb hollies, that it depends on the taste and wishes of the owner. But as she askes for commons it sholud not be to expensive (can be breed outside the breeding season for hollies and the mates are easy to get)

best bet is probably to hunt down some cb owners and ask them about their preferences for a trade.

3 crimson hatchies (not messy I think) worth a Cb Summer?

CB Royal Crimsons and Summers seem to be dropping at about the same rate right now.

I'd only go 1:1 for CBs, but maybe a couple nice lineaged RCs for the CB Summer.

@ skauble - good luck to peepsy in her quest. I don't think I've even seen one as an AP catch, my own or in the AP find thread. Maybe try the thread about commons from holiday dragons, although I didn't have any luck with my request there.

Edited by dragongrrl

My niece is looking to try to get some commons from CB Hollies.  Anyone have a generalized idea of what kind of trade that would take?

I got one as a kind gift, and three others in trade. One was instead of a Tinsel when they were breeding really badly, another was for a CB Blusang and the third was for of offsprings from CB Frills. I think it very much depends on the Holly's owner.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Is it just me, or have Tsunami Wyverns just become WAY more common in the cave? And, comparatively, what is the value of a Black Capped Teimarr - are they relatively uncommon or very uncommon?

I got this guy in exchange for a CB Specle. Also, when I was searching for Holly owners, a lot of them gave them out for free, but they had long lists or their dragons had set mates. So yes, it mostly depends on the owner.

Is it just me, or have Tsunami Wyverns just become WAY more common in the cave? And, comparatively, what is the value of a Black Capped Teimarr - are they relatively uncommon or very uncommon?

CB ones have risen as well as lineaged ones and I've noticed because sometimes when it's an uncomon I just love to check if it's a CB or not and then toss it back laugh.gif

As for a CB Black Capped Teimarr I can safely say they're a bit less common than CB Tsunamis in the AP.

As for the Tsunamis that are lineaged, they're often Shimmerfails. Especially those Blusangs.

However if we're not talking about the AP, I see more Black Capped Teimarrs than Tsunamis in the cave during hour drop/5 min drop which surprises me seeing as how I see more of the CB Tsunamis in the AP. xd.png

For me, I've seen an influx of CB Stripes. At first, I thought it was an amazing miracle that I caught one in the AP. Then, I caught an ER one at 2days 17 hours and thought, "Oh wow!" Then when just about every white stripe I found was CB, I thought "Oh. They're probably super common now, huh?".

(I just found another one 10 minutes before this post!)

For me, I've seen an influx of CB Stripes. At first, I thought it was an amazing miracle that I caught one in the AP. Then, I caught an ER one at 2days 17 hours and thought, "Oh wow!" Then when just about every white stripe I found was CB, I thought "Oh. They're probably super common now, huh?".

(I just found another one 10 minutes before this post!)

I've noticed the same thing with Stripes and Blacks. A couple years ago, I couldn't catch those CB to save my life - now they'll sit there through ten refreshes before someone finally picks them up. I'm still training myself to not auto-click them. 0.o They're certainly not quite blocker status, but they're not the uber-uncommon that they used to be.