Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What are CB Golden Wyverns worth nowadays? I've recently caught quite a few, both in the cave and in the AP, so I've started trading them, and I'd like to know what most people are getting for them

What are CB Golden Wyverns worth nowadays? I've recently caught quite a few, both in the cave and in the AP, so I've started trading them, and I'd like to know what most people are getting for them

1:1 with cb uncommons/rares - trios (bit hard to find trades but they do happen regularly), red dorsal, tan ridgewing, nebula, tsunami, summer, bloodscale, opal (not green - it drops often but is still too much in demand so prices are high), dinos, chicken etc. Will also like trade for mid gen tinsel (4-5gen) and mid to high gen shimmer depending on lineage.

How much would you spend for a egg from this dragon? Just wondering http://dragcave.net/lineage/TggKp

Frankly speaking it's not going to get much offers because it's going to be very hard to find a mate for, plus people prefer some kind of patterned lineages in trades like checker, stair, spiral, purebred etc. But you can try trading it for same gen metal swap, or cb uncommons.

I don't mean the breeding partners, I mean the original shimmer ancestor.

What you can do is go to the wiki and check each dragon and see how many offsprings they have. Sorry, it's a lot harder to say when you're asking which lines are rarer based on the parent ancestor... because people care about he combinations more. For example, a shimmer from Jewel x Green Copper is more rare than a lineage from Jewel x Moonstone/Lumina.

Another question: Is a 2nd Gen Silver rarer than a 4th Gen Tinsel? I'm pretty sure it is, but I just wanted to check.

I've finally caught a CB Blusang... What Shimmer lineage I can dream of?

I've asked for a 2nd/3rd gen, but now they are becoming uncommon again... what can I ask for? smile.gif

Another question: Is a 2nd Gen Silver rarer than a 4th Gen Tinsel? I'm pretty sure it is, but I just wanted to check.

I'd say it depends on the line - and, on average, I would say "no". For something of commonplace "rare" perception, silvers are unfortunately not worth very much except as caveborns, even though the amount of people you could get a 2G from is still limited by the pool of people who can catch CB metallics... but that group's just grown enough to really impact the market.

It's further complicated by that 2G metallics in general span a very wide range of values - from "very desirable" to "just kind of cool", depending on what metallics you or your trade partner already have.

Edited by pinkgothic

Would a 2nd Gen Gold be worth more than a 2nd Gen Silver? Also, if it helps, the 4th Gen Tinsel is silver, a perfect Stairstep with Blue Nebs from Dawn's Silver Medal.

And I'm going to trade a CB Magma for either of the two.

EDIT: There's a perfect stairstep 4th Gen Bronze Tinsel with Blacks from Hyptonizing, too >.<

Sorry, I don't really know much about Tinsels.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Am I asking too much for this?

I am asking for offers or 1 2nd gen hybrid. I thought it would go fast because that is pretty cheep compared to most of what is wanted for a 4th gen silver.

I've just caught my first CB Gold!! *squeals

Now, I'm asking, what is a 2nd gen Gold worth? What Shimmer/Tinsel gen I can get? smile.gif

Thanks kiyoura, I really don't want to give my CB Gold away, hope I find someone to trade my 2nd gens with! biggrin.gif

Edited by Masterdragon992

I've finally caught a CB Blusang... What Shimmer lineage I can dream of?

I've asked for a 2nd/3rd gen, but now they are becoming uncommon again... what can I ask for?

I personally would give a 4th/5th gen. for it. But I think a rare shimmer lineage (4th/5th gen.) is worth more than it (or almost the same).

Would a 2nd Gen Gold be worth more than a 2nd Gen Silver? Also, if it helps, the 4th Gen Tinsel is silver, a perfect Stairstep with Blue Nebs from Dawn's Silver Medal.

And I'm going to trade a CB Magma for either of the two.

EDIT: There's a perfect stairstep 4th Gen Bronze Tinsel with Blacks from Hyptonizing, too >.<

Sorry, I don't really know much about Tinsels.

I think a 2nd gen. Gold is worth more than a 2nd gen. Silver. However, if the gold has a holiday parent that you don't care for and the Silver has an uncommon/common mate, the Silver might hold more value. I think all three are almost equal in value. The silver tinsel x blue neb is a super common lineage, but it's low gen. The bronze tinsel has a more uncommon lineage (but I personally prefer silver over bronze). And the gold is a 2nd gen. gold. It's up to your personal preference.

Am I asking too much for this?

I am asking for offers or 1 2nd gen hybrid.  I thought it would go fast because that is pretty cheep compared to most of what is wanted for a 4th gen silver.

I agree with you.

I've just caught my first CB Gold!! *squeals

Now, I'm asking, what is a 2nd gen Gold worth? What Shimmer/Tinsel gen I can get?

If you looked at previous posts, pinkgothic has a pretty good answer, although it concerns 2nd gen. Silvers (I still think the post is applicable to 2nd gen. golds).

Edited by kiyoura

I have 2nd gen Silvers from Silver x Blue Copper and Silver x Tan Ridgewing. Would one of those be enough to net me a 5th gen Gold Shimmer? I'm not interested in trading both for one.

Something I've been wondering - would a 2nd gen gold or silver from a gold/silver pair be worth "more" than, say, a 2nd gen from a gold matched with another dragon?

Something I've been wondering - would a 2nd gen gold or silver from a gold/silver pair be worth "more" than, say, a 2nd gen from a gold matched with another dragon?

I would consider a 2nd gen from a gold x silver to be worth slightly more, just because breeding the darn thing would require using up two CB metallics!

Conversely, I'd say it would be worth slightly less. Metal x Metal pairings use up twice as many breeding chances as does breeding them to separate mates, and not everyone's willing to do that just to get a "proper" mate for the dragon (and some people might not have what they need to breed such a thing at all), whereas Metal x Common/Uncommon is much easier a lineage to continue on properly.

By raw object value, metallic x metallic lineages are worth more (though only noticeably for purebreds), but... it's got the same problem ultrarares have (even if it's not quite ultrarare tier, itself) - your trading partner pool is smaller than for most things. Which is to say you can get better things for it than you could for a 'regular' metallic of the same generation if you're patient, but you do need patience. (For higher generations, you may need more patience than the cave allows you to have (i.e. your dragon will grow up or die no matter how much you try to delay).)

Edited by pinkgothic

I have 2nd gen Silvers from Silver x Blue Copper and Silver x Tan Ridgewing. Would one of those be enough to net me a 5th gen Gold Shimmer? I'm not interested in trading both for one.

Yes, I think it's possible. Just remember that the pool of 5th gen. gold shimmers available is small, so it depends on what people have available.

Also, PB metallics (gold x gold, silver x silver, silver x gold)... I don't like them, so they don't hold value for me. I'd only trade for one for lineage purposes (not to make more PB lineages), if it's the only offer, if it's free, or if I'm getting a huge bargain (for example, CB Hatchie for a PB Metallic).

What's the worth of a purebred Gold Wyvern?

To me? Nothing. To other people I'd say maybe a couple of hatchlings.

To me? Nothing. To other people I'd say maybe a couple of hatchlings.

That explains why I swapped a moonlight egg and a Pygmy hatchling for it.

Haven't kept up with these since the release - what's a CB Green Opal worth these days?

Also, if I was interested in getting a few 2nd gen Coppers from Copper/Gold pairings, what do you think a fair price to pay might be?

With the very recent influx of CB Blusangs dropping more frequently in the cave, what are they worth right now?

Last week I saw people with CB Silvers asking for a 1:1 trade for them. Now I've locked myself with them (7) and can't get a bite. I'm asking for CB Coppers/CB Green Opals, and I'm more than willing to negotiate ratios with someone...but so far, nada.

I know CB Coppers are dropping more often now as well, but I am locked so I'm not able to grab any. CB Green Opals still seem to be pretty elusive as far as I can tell. So,

what would be a fair trade if those are the two breeds I'm looking for and have multiple CB Blusangs to offer for them?

Edited by danegrrrl

Are PB Nebulae in any kind of demand? A while back their cave drop rates increased a lot, but I could still get a pair of hatchlings for a 2nd gen egg. I haven't bred any Nebulae in a couple of months, but I don't see them in trades any more either - just the occasional CB color swap. Is it still reasonable to ask for 2 common hatchlings for a PB egg?

Edited for typo's biggrin.gif

Edited by RulenneClarissa

With the very recent influx of CB Blusangs dropping more frequently in the cave, what are they worth right night?

Last week I saw people with CB Silvers asking for a 1:1 trade for them. Now I've locked myself with them (7) and can't get a bite. I'm asking for CB Coppers/CB Green Opals, and I'm more than willing to negotiate ratios with someone...but so far, nada.

I know CB Coppers are dropping more often now as well, but I am locked so I'm not able to grab any. CB Green Opals still seem to be pretty elusive as far as I can tell. So,

what would be a fair trade if those are the two breeds I'm looking for and have multiple CB Blusangs to offer for them?

I get the impression they've dropped in value quite a bit in the last couple of weeks. The fact that you could fill your scroll with them gives a reason why this is. sad.gif However, lots of people still seem to value Blusangs for the sprite, and you may still be able to net offers from people looking to create armies or complete scroll goals. Really not sure about exact numbers to trade for what, though.

I miss-clicked a Blusang earlier in the cave, and I'm seriously considering just AP'ing or gifting it so that I can have the space to hunt tomorrow...r

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Personally, I don't see why blusangs became rare in the first place. Back then, they were merely uncommon.

I compare everything to a CB gold for value.

Some people are asking a CB gold for their copper or blusang, which I think is completely ridiculous. In a few months coppers are going to be a lot more common (besides, the wiki lists them as "uncommon").