Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

None of those would be fair for a Cheese, Watari. It seems most people don't want unbreedables. Papers are usually easier to trade than Cheeses, though. A CB Vine or CB Black would probably be fair for a Paper, but normally if I catch a Cheese(because of a reflex click. I don't actively hunt them), I AP or gift them, as I know I'll probably get no offers if I try trading it.

What should I try trading for some PB Whites?

I'm currently trading a 2g PB Blue opal and asked for PB Whites. I Thought it'd be a quick trade especially since the parents' codes are very nice. :3

What should I try trading for some PB Whites?

I'm currently trading a 2g PB Blue opal and asked for PB Whites. I Thought it'd be a quick trade especially since the parents' codes are very nice. :3

You should be able to get a PB White. I'd trade, I'm just scroll-locked with hatchies.

Holy cow, I just hatched a Alt Vine!

Haven't had that happen more than once or twice and not for years!

The lineage isn't hideous but it's not a 2nd gen/even-gen.

What do you think I could ask for it?

Considering the rarity, would a low-gen Shimmer be out of line?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/b4jY0

Holy cow, I just hatched a Alt Vine!

Haven't had that happen more than once or twice and not for years!

The lineage isn't hideous but it's not a 2nd gen/even-gen.

What do you think I could ask for it?

Considering the rarity, would a low-gen Shimmer be out of line?

http://dragcave.net/lineage/b4jY0

Personally, I wouldn't trade a low-gen shimmer for it. Its lineage is messy so it's not valuable to me. Even a 2nd gen alt would be hard to trade for a low-gen shimmer. (Of course, it's just my opinion and I don't often trade for alts.)

Is a CB black worth a CB blusang nowadays?

Blusangs have increased in number and I've seen way more of them than I've seen blacks lately.

Actually I see cb blacks quite often, I even caught one in the AP not long ago. I also see them in the cave. In my opinion they're worth slightly less than cb bluesangs.

If you're trying to get a cb black and want to trade a bluesang away for it, you're sure to get it (you could pm me xd.png ). If you want to do the trade in the other direction, you might add somehting to your offer to increase chances.

Blusangs have increased in number and I've seen way more of them than I've seen blacks lately.

I've seen more blacks than blusangs and they sit there way way longer than Blusangs. Blusangs will be clicked on at first sight as opposed to a CB Black that will either get clicked right away (rarely seen this happen) or sit through for 10 refreshes.

No, I'm afraid not. You might be able to get a CB Blusang for multiple CB Black hatchlings, I guess? It's not really a trade I would make, though. :/ …Mostly because Blusangs are so gorgeous that I want to keep them all, and I've only been trading mine because I'm pretty desperate to complete my scroll. xd.png;

I am trying to trade this egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/eJE81

At first I have offered it to a few other tinsels/shimmers with equally nice stairstep lineages (some a little lower gen some a little higher gen) but all my offers were refused.

Because time is running out for this eggie I decided to post an offer myself (on the Dragonmarket in EATW). I have not gotten a single offer.

What am I doing wrong?

Holiday lineages are valued lower by a lot of people because they are harder to continue than lineages with common mates (because you can only have a limited number of cb holidays and if they are already in use for another lineage...). Unfortunately even people who like holiday lineages don't trade often for them, because the offspring will be hard to trade away. Due to that, holiday lineages have become quite unpopular and everyone is hoping to swap their tinsels and shimmers for lineages with common mates.

Try trading you egg for another, maybe slightly higher gen holiday lineage, and you might get it. Try influencing and hatching it to increase chances of trading it successfully, hatchlings are much easier to trade than eggs. You could also trade it to a newbie who doesn't have tinsels yet, but then you won't get a prize swap for it, but maybe a couple of hatchies.

Thank you! I never figured that the lineage was less desirable because of the MATE! You learn something every day smile.gif.... The egg has been influenced, I will let it hatch now. I haven't because I figured this would give me more time to find someone.....

Would a 3rd gen Bronze Shimmer, first of it's lineage, but with a holiday mate (Heartseeker) be worth a CB silver?

Also, currently, what are CB Golds, CB Silvers, CB Blusangs, CB Coppers & Shimmers worth in relation to each other?

Would a 3rd gen Bronze Shimmer, first of it's lineage, but with a holiday mate (Heartseeker) be worth a CB silver?

I'd say yes.

Also, currently, what are CB Golds, CB Silvers, CB Blusangs, CB Coppers & Shimmers worth in relation to each other?

I'll give this a shot:

1 CB gold : 1,5 CB silver

1 CB silver : 1 CB copper

1 CB copper : 5 CB blusangs?

Blusangs aren't in the ultrarare league any more, which means you likely won't actually be able to trade any amount of them for any of the CB metallics, so, really, the number is "an arbitrarily high number of CB blusangs". Coppers are coming down from that league, but very tentatively, so the increase in availability hasn't quite bumped their trade value out of that general area (it has, though, put them at the bottom of the ultrarare list, when previously they were at the top).

No idea about the shimmers, I don't trade them, but 1 3G shimmer : ~1 CB metallic plus change seems a fairly constant going rate.

Edited by pinkgothic

Unless you have a huge surplus of them, never trade cb metals. And if you do, always trade them 1:1. The difference in rarity is so low, that anything else would be madness.

As for blusangs and coppers: both are flukes. Blusangs will be back to the rare department come halloween, and coppers will never get as common a they were intended to be, due to so much more demand. I personally would not trade away a cb metal for cb copper or blusangs,, and i'm doing many copper lineages and a large blusang one...

Shimmer prices I'd willingly pay:

2g: 4 of silver/gold/coppers(only if I have them on hand)

3g: 2 of silver/gold + maybe some change

4g: no cb metals.

Deduct from that 1 Metal if its a holiday mate(I personally would not trade for a 2g from holiday), add change if its something you really need.

Unless you have a huge surplus of them, never trade cb metals. And if you do, always trade them 1:1. The difference in rarity is so low, that anything else would be madness.

As for blusangs and coppers: both are flukes. Blusangs will be back to the rare department come halloween, and coppers will never get as common a they were intended to be, due to so much more demand. I personally would not trade away a cb metal for cb copper or blusangs,, and i'm doing many copper lineages and a large blusang one...

Shimmer prices I'd willingly pay:

2g: 4 of silver/gold/coppers(only if I have them on hand)

3g: 2 of silver/gold + maybe some change

4g: no cb metals.

Deduct from that 1 Metal if its a holiday mate(I personally would not trade for a 2g from holiday), add change if its something you really need.

A Copper IS a Metal, even if they are supposed to be uncommon, rather than rare. And Golds have always been the top of the metals. Gold > Silver > Copper > Golden Wyverns. These are all considered Metals on the Metallic trading thread, along with the Prize dragons.

As for the Blusangs, while they are little easier to get, they still seem harder to get than a Trio, with many of us racing for them, trying to fill our scroll goals. Five for a Silver seems excessive.

The difference in rarity is so low, that anything else would be madness.

I'd completely agree it's madness, but that's the perception of them. Golds are more valuable. They shouldn't be (any time I've counted CB metallics on fansites to get a rough gauge on their relative rarities, I saw more CB golds than CB silvers, believe it or not, by a roughly 4 gold : 3 silver ratio), but that's how they trade. It's difficult to get a straight CB silver -> CB gold swap, but very easy to get a CB gold -> CB silver swap. *shrugs* smile.gif

Same with the coppers - I think it's crazy people still trade CB silvers for CB coppers, but some definitely are still making those trades, verifiably... and that's what's keeping the coppers in the tier, unfortunately.

Blusangs, on the other hand, just stopped comparing. Their trade value is still lagging a little behind their availability, but not enough to keep them in the tier, which makes the ultrarares essentially unobtainable by blusangs - because that's the way the ultrarare tier works. It doesn't cross-pollinate with the other tiers in any reliable way. ninja.gif

I'd completely agree it's madness, but that's the perception of them. Golds are more valuable. They shouldn't be (any time I've counted CB metallics on fansites to get a rough gauge on their relative rarities, I saw more CB golds than CB silvers, believe it or not, by a roughly 4 gold : 3 silver ratio), but that's how they trade. It's difficult to get a straight CB silver -> CB gold swap, but very easy to get a CB gold -> CB silver swap. *shrugs* smile.gif

Same with the coppers - I think it's crazy people still trade CB silvers for CB coppers, but some definitely are still making those trades, verifiably... and that's what's keeping the coppers in the tier, unfortunately.

This sums up my experience of trading CB Silvers. I ended up putting up a CB Silver plus a CB green Lindwurm to get a CB Gold offer - a CB Silver by itself just doesn't get a CB Gold. Whether or not that's logical is another matter. rolleyes.gif

I don't think CB Coppers should be 1:1 with Silvers either, but as you say, there are still a lot of such trades happening. Presumably as Coppers become more visible and trickle onto peoples' scrolls, such trades will decrease. Personally I reckon 1 CB Silver = 1.5 CB Coppers.

Personally, I find them to be common enough in the cave and to breed that most people wouldn't bother trading for them. I'd personally say a CB Fleshcrowne is under the worth of a CB Stripe or a CB Black, but more than the worth of any single blocker. Probably about the same as most of the new releases from this year (minus Two-Headed Lindwurms and Coppers).

If you want a lineaged one, my guess is that you could probably ask anyone you know who has one on their scroll and get it for free.

I've been inactive for a while, just getting on occasionally to make sure my dragons didn't lose their names. What are 2nd/3rd gen metals going for these days? Have 2nd gen coppers gained any rarity or remained easily breedable? How rare are the new dragons?

@Libby, thanks. I missed their release and haven't seen a single one in cave yet, so I was wondering if there was a case of them being rarer than their "common" designation would suggest.

Okay beside another copper and gold or silver egg what eggs should I offer for a cb green copper??

As of now I am offering 2 CB blusangs, a cb magma, a cb blue opal, a cb summer hatchy and a cb tsunami hatchling. As for a cb gold you would figure the ones that have coppers up for trade that if they can catch them with no problem why not a cb gold or silver??? Many of us don't have that kind of time to catch one let alone see it.

And the shimmers how can we get a 2nd generation or 3rd gen????

And the shimmers how can we get a 2nd generation or 3rd gen????

They're really not that hard to trade for. The hard part is finding someone whose list is open(for the second gens).