Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

This is just my opinion, but I think the increase in coppers overall is merely due to an increase in the flow of traffic between biomes.

I just want to point out that the (very tentative) reappearance of coppers does not coincide with the August release. They started reappearing about two weeks after the release, so I don't think it's the moving biomes doing it (much as that would be nice and simple and I'd rather prefer it, since it would give us an explanation to work with laugh.gif ).

I just want to point out that the (very tentative) reappearance of coppers does not coincide with the August release. They started reappearing about two weeks after the release, so I don't think it's the moving biomes doing it (much as that would be nice and simple and I'd rather prefer it, since it would give us an explanation to work with laugh.gif ).

That's true, and although I agree that it wouldn't make much sense for it to be that far spread apart, that seems to be what I'm seeing when I'm looking at the biomes? I mean, the traffic definitely seems to have improved at least a little bit, and even the coast, which used to be so terribly gridlocked for hours so that no one could even glimpse a blusang, seems to be flowing much more smoothly.

I'm not quite sure what's causing this, but it is definitely uncovering a lot more buried rares, which would've otherwise gone left unnoticed, and would've been recycled during reset. It may be because of the copper rumor, which is giving people more incentive to help with the dirty work of digging through the caveblockers, which I think is definitely what has been helping uncover a LOT more rares in the biomes, NOT just coppers. Today alone I've seen TWO CB silvers and a CB Blusang. And I just got up two hours ago.

Yesterday I caught 3 CB Blusangs, 2 CB Coppers, and 3 CB Opals [2 greens].

I can't really believe that the traffic hasn't at least improved a tad. x]

Yes, they're definitely moving more, but they have been since the August release (at least as far as I can tell), which is why I don't think it explains the reappearance of coppers. Sorry, I should have been clearer. smile.gif

Any thoughts on the value of CB blusangs in relation to CB coppers? I have two very-low-time-but-still-influenceable CB blusang eggs, and have an offer of a single CB red copper. I'd really like the copper, but don't think they're 2:1 with blusangs, especially with the increased copper sightings reported recently.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts! happy.gif

Shala

You should never trade if future values are of so much concern to you.

Blusangs are still a lot easier to get, so consider yourself lucky you get an offer for blusangs at all!

As for the value of nds: many people only want them for scroll completion. As such, their value is very fluctuating, depending on how many people changed them recently or are still missing them.

In theory, it might fetch you a cb metal. In theory, also a 3g shimmer. Trades however imply that they are not needed very much at this time, and thus you should lower your expectations.

(the regular releases gave sprite collectors so much other things to do each month)

Edited by whitebaron

Dunno about the sudden reappearance of Coppers, but I suspect that the Blusang rise is due to the fact that they were released about this time last year. Thus, all the ones that were flooded on at release have presumably been dropped from the ratio calculations and therefore they're showing up more commonly in the cave again.

Also, I have to say that I've had no end of trouble trying to trade CB Stripes and Cheeses recently - and I wasn't asking much! Just offers of CB hatchies from my wishlist, which contains a *lot* of uber-commons I'm still after, and I didn't even get that. :/ I ended up dumping a CB Stripe that nobody wanted and freezing a Cheese hatchie. Not worth the effort at all, imo.

NDs should be worth the same as a CB Metal/3rd gen Shimmer, but I've been trying to trade an ND for a 3rd gen Shimmer for two days now, with no luck. I'm really not sure what they're worth anymore... >_<

That's probably cause yours has a lineage. I traded mine for a 3g Shimmer fairly quickly (Can find on my scroll now).

Blusangs seem like they're dropping more lately... ._.

Anyways this is a usual outline for CB NDs:

-3g Shimmer/Tinsel

- Any CB Metallic

- 2-3 CB Blusangs

Green opals look like they may be tradeable for Neggies in the future, I've seen some trades get Blusangs for em, though I'd rather prefer a Blusang (to me they're worth more with a better sprite).

That's probably cause yours has a lineage. I traded mine for a 3g Shimmer fairly quickly (Can find on my scroll now).

Blusangs seem like they're dropping more lately... ._.

Anyways this is a usual outline for CB NDs:

-3g Shimmer/Tinsel

- Any CB Metallic

- 2-3 CB Blusangs

Green opals look like they may be tradeable for Neggies in the future, I've seen some trades get Blusangs for em, though I'd rather prefer a Blusang (to me they're worth more with a better sprite).

It's not a messy lineage, though. CB NDs and lineaged NDs should be worth the same, as NDs are all unbreedable, lineaged or not.

@Erica8798: Honestly, I consider nicely-lineaged Neglecteds worth more than CB Neglecteds. I do have one CB Neglected, but my other three are lineaged, and I am very, very happy they are. I feel incredibly fortunate, but... as far as I know my opinion is a minority-opinion. While it's objectively (slightly) more difficult to get a Neglected out of a pretty lineage than it is to get one out of CBs, most people just want CBs because they've gotten used to the aesthetic, I suspect.

Edited by pinkgothic

Also, I have to say that I've had no end of trouble trying to trade CB Stripes and Cheeses recently - and I wasn't asking much! Just offers of CB hatchies from my wishlist, which contains a *lot* of uber-commons I'm still after, and I didn't even get that. :/ I ended up dumping a CB Stripe that nobody wanted and freezing a Cheese hatchie. Not worth the effort at all, imo.

Stripes are all but blockers. I think the only reason they were rare was because Forest and Jungle never moved. Now, with the new Forest release, there's a huge flood of them.

(They never really recovered their value from the beginning of the year, but there rarity had gone back up. Now that's gone too).

I would trade 1-2 CB Common hatchies... if I wanted a CB Stripe/Cheese, but if you asked me to look through any wishlist, then... I dunno if anyone else finds long wishlists annoying, but I do, and I rarely look through them anymore.

sonseray: CB Wyverns are uncommon, to me, they're about equal to CB Red Dorsals/Tan Ridgewings .

Personally, I still adore Stripes, which will always rank among my favorites, but at the moment, I, not exactly a speedy catcher, can sometimes catch them myself (and have to grit my teeth when seeing them while saving that spot for something I hope for, and so not often trying for them right now) because so many other people aren't snatching them up just now, because of saving space for specific other dragons, as am I, while still trying to catch up on previous recent Releases before the next one.

So the odds are pretty good that some similar circumstances will obtain even among some of the most ardent Stripe lovers, which would explain difficulty in finding trades for them.

Personally, I still adore Stripes, which will always rank among my favorites, but at the moment, I, not exactly a speedy catcher, can sometimes catch them myself (and have to grit my teeth when seeing them while saving that spot for something I hope for, and so not often trying for them right now) because so many other people aren't snatching them up just now, because of saving space for specific other dragons, as am I, while still trying to catch up on previous recent Releases before the next one.

So the odds are pretty good that some similar circumstances will obtain even among some of the most ardent Stripe lovers, which would explain difficulty in finding trades for them.

Yeah, I know (I still have to quell my click-reflex for them a bit too!) - but there were a few comments up-thread about CB Stripe and Cheese values, and I was simply commenting that ime they're just not worth that much at the moment.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Yeah, I know (I still have to quell my click-reflex for them a bit too!) - but there were a few comments up-thread about CB Stripe and Cheese values, and I was simply commenting that ime they're just not worth that much at the moment.

Lol, only someone else said that they were all but Blockers, and while any egg standing between us and whatever we're looking for is an impediment, I feel that Stripes will always be an acceptable - NOT a generally unwanted - dragon to many, if they've room and no more urgent major priorities.

So I think they'd still be sought after by more people under different circumstances and wouldn't define them as almost having Blocker status, just not a New Release, Blusang, or metallic trade fodder kind of dragon.

I put a Cheese up for trade a few days ago, looking specifically for a Red Dino as one of my very last of my basic scroll goals. I also made the offhand comment that while I would love to get a CB Green Opal or Copper for it, I did not see getting either with a Cheese. Someone offered a CB Copper. blink.gif I stared at the offer for a second, then accepted it! biggrin.gif

If I did not get a good offer on the Cheese, I would have no problem keeping it. I think they're still uncommon enough that seeing one is always worth the attempt to catch it.

I have had to train myself to stop clicking on the CB Stripes. I would call them common again, but, as others have already said, they are still wanted for their classic beauty, and without other, more pressing needs, it's always easy to squeeze in one more.

What would I have to offer, to say.. get a CB Gold egg..? >o< I've been dying to get a mate for the female I picked up, and since I've been catching a lot of rare CB's lately, I was wondering how many, and of what type, I'd need to trade for one, and what would make a reasonable offer.

So far I have one of every color of copper, and a few CB Blusangs and Green Opals.. Hoping to get some CB Silvers as well, since I've seen them pop up quite a few times.

Would like to know what all of this is worth compared to a Gold x[ If it's not worth anything, I'll probably let them all grow up and wait to catch more.. But if it is. Then I'd definitely be all in for a trade.

Edited by ƒrozen

Is this worth anything? It's a Thuwed and Dorkface, but slightly messy. So any chance to trade something like this?

If it was even gen yes but my opinion right now is no unless someone really likes the lineage for some reason. Might be able to get a common hatchling if you are lucky.

What would I have to offer, to say.. get a CB Gold egg..? >o< I've been dying to get a mate for the female I picked up, and since I've been catching a lot of rare CB's lately, I was wondering how many, and of what type, I'd need to trade for one, and what would make a reasonable offer.

the main problem of trading cb metals is, that only cb metals are ever truly worth the same.

a few weeks back, with coppers not at all dropping, one could already have fetched you a gold. Now, i'm not so sure about that.

But: heads up, if you are able to actually catch coppers and blusangs, you have the skills required to eventually catch one if your own. smile.gif

was this a fair trade? I gave a vamp and a " cant seem to make its mind up on colour" hatchling for a perfect staircase silver shimmerscale desended from zilver prize d

Is this worth anything? It's a Thuwed and Dorkface, but slightly messy. So any chance to trade something like this?

I usually hardly have a bred uncommon offer when trying to trade a 3rd even gen Thuwed (and most times I end up gifting them or dropping them in the AP having no offers at all).

So I think you will not get anything for your egg.

Maybe you could try to hatch it and see if someone is looking for a soulpeace hatchie for freezing.

@Totts

was this a fair trade? I gave a vamp and a " cant seem to make its mind up on colour" hatchling for a perfect staircase silver shimmerscale desended from zilver prize d

It depends on the lineage of the vampire, of the duotone and on the mate of the shimmer.

For example, a cb vampire + a cb duotone would have been too much for a 8th gen shimmerscale stair with an holiday mate. A lineaged vamp + duotone could have been fair with a shimmer from common mate

@Totts

It depends on the lineage of the vampire, of the duotone and on the mate of the shimmer.

For example, a cb vampire + a cb duotone would have been too much for a 8th gen shimmerscale stair with an holiday mate. A lineaged vamp + duotone could have been fair with a shimmer from common mate

Though it also does depend on the collector.

Some folks are perfectly happy with holiday shimmer lineages, and even go so far as to ask for them. Once you get into the higher gens, it kind of doesn't matter anymore to a lot of traders.

Really, what it boils down to is, were you happy with the trade? That's really what defines a 'fair' trade.