Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

All the time I see people put in their trade post that something is a "rare line". What does that mean? How do you know if your egg is a rare line?

I consider a rare line something that doesn't breed well, and/or doesn't have many valuable offspring. For example, I consider this to be a rare line, as he only has three shiny offspring, and that offspring doesn't have much offspring. Therefore, the line is "hard to find", making it "rare".

So it doesn't matter if you have the only 2nd gen offspring of a specific prize with a specific pair, therefore the only source of 3rd gens of that lineage, only how many babies are available?

Hm, I didn't think of it that way. It makes sense though, in contributing to whether the line is "rare" or not. I think the specific prize dragon that the 2nd gen is from probably doesn't matter, as there could also be multiple other lines like it, but just from different prizes. For example, if there's only one 2nd gen x Blusang from *insert prize dragon here*, I wouldn't consider it rare, because there are still lots of prize (shimmer, mostly) x Blusang lines out there.

I suppose both how many offspring there are, and if there are any other lines out there like it both have a say in the rarity of the line.

My little sister caught a Purple Dino. Mom won't allow her a forum account, so I am posting for her.

Anyway, when I was looking for a Purple Dino for a trade, they were expensive, but now? Does anyone know what they have actually been going for lately? I told her not to be ridiculous, but she doesn't want to let it go for nothing either since it is one of the few rare eggs she has ever caught.

I am going to be looking for a 3rd gen blusang for a blusang x bluna lineage I am working on. Purebred even gen is what I'd prefer. Does their value go down after 2nd gen or would it be about the same since I want a purebred? Because I was considering offering a purebred 2nd gen silver for one (if my silvers ever stop being stubborn). Otherwise I could do a blood swap since I do have two breeding pairs. I just want to give what it would be worth.

My little sister caught a Purple Dino. Mom won't allow her a forum account, so I am posting for her.

Anyway, when I was looking for a Purple Dino for a trade, they were expensive, but now? Does anyone know what they have actually been going for lately? I told her not to be ridiculous, but she doesn't want to let it go for nothing either since it is one of the few rare eggs she has ever caught.

I would say 2g PB Metallic is something she could look into. CB Trios work too. Don't let it go for a CB Green Dino because those are the less valued ones. If they offer a paper I'd expect something a bit more from it. Cheese should also do fine.

What did you guys have in mind?

Erm what is the project? EG checker with BlusangxBluna? Anyways if you're looking for a 3g PB Blusang it's just best to offer exactly like that or 2g PB Metallics. As far as "value" decreasing/increasing, I offered a 7g PB Magi just to see what it'd go for and had nothing offered. I suggest you look around scrolls to check out if anyone hoards PB blusangs and ask if they would do a breeding request. I do it with commons and haven't had anyone refuse. smile.gif

OKAY, my question: Would a 4g from Penk x Ice be worth just as much as a 3g prize?

It seems to me there is a cutoff point between 3g and 4g when it comes to prize offspring.

I've seen 4g offered for something fairly reasonable, as in maybe i could try for one if I really wanted to put the effort in, OTOH I've not really seen any 3g offered where I thought I even had a chance at one. YMMV

(offspring of Penk don't seem to go for more than other tinsels as far as I can tell)

Edited by Tawanda001

Regarding the Purple Dino...

She put up the impossibles first:

4th-gen Shimmer

CB Green Copper or Green Opal

but included:

3rd-gen PB Silver or Gold and a handful of metal-fail suggestions, but there have been no nibbles other than a CB Bloodscale and a 7th-or 8th-gen imperfect shimmer (together).

I'll let her know to drop the impossibles and at least hold out for the Metals or Metal-fails then.

Thanks for the feedback!

OKAY, my question: Would a 4g from Penk x Ice be worth just as much as a 3g prize?

Not at all. Unless it's a 2nd gen (maybe 3rd gen), the fact that it comes from a spriter's alt doesn't change the value.

What are CB coppers going for at the moment? And is there any noticeable difference between the various colours, or are they about the same?

Sorry to be posting here so much, I just haven't been around DC much lately.

Edited by StormWizard212

What are CB coppers going for at the moment? And is there any noticeable difference between the various colours, or are they about the same?

Sorry to be posting here so much, I just haven't been around DC much lately.

CB coppers are as rare as golds and silvers now,you may not get an cb copper offer if you trade a silver for it.Most of the people trade the copper for low gen tinsels or shimmers.

Something does change,the copper is not as THAT rare as before,howerer,it's still really hard to get a cb copper.

The green one(which is in the Coast and Jungle ) is rarer than the Orange one,(which is in the Alpine and Forest),the Orange one is rarer than the brown one.(which is in the Desert and Volcano ) .

Could I reasonably trade a CB Ice for a CB Blusang?

CB blusang was rarer than CB ice,but now there are more cb blusangs in the cave,so I think you can have a try.

Edited by Mercury

Erm what is the project? EG checker with BlusangxBluna? Anyways if you're looking for a 3g PB Blusang it's just best to offer exactly like that or 2g PB Metallics. As far as "value" decreasing/increasing, I offered a 7g PB Magi just to see what it'd go for and had nothing offered. I suggest you look around scrolls to check out if anyone hoards PB blusangs and ask if they would do a breeding request. I do it with commons and haven't had anyone refuse. smile.gif

It's just a blusang x bluna lineage. I'm not picky enough to make it a checker. As long as I've got two to breed together, I'll breed them, so I imagine it'll just be an even gen thing.

Thanks for the answers!

I have a 6th gen Shimmer. Can I (realistically) get a 5th gen Tinsel for it?

Edited by RulenneClarissa

I have a 6th gen Shimmer. Can I (realistically) get a 5th gen Tinsel for it?

I think it depends on the rarity of each line and possibly to a lesser extent the color of each prize.

So I think if you have a nice silver or gold shimmer with a not overly common partner and you want a fairly common tinsel, it shouldn't be a problem at all. OTOH if it's a bronze shimmer with a holiday mate or blusang or something like that, and you are trying for a little seen tinsel pairing, it's going to be more tricky, you might need to sweeten the deal.

(bbik, your inbox is full)

Edited by Tawanda001

What's a Chicken egg worth these days?

I see people asking for ridiculous amounts for chicken eggs, but whether those are realistic or not, they definitely seem to be more valuable than any other unbreedable. People are trading relatively low-gen shimmers for them. I blame the Space Chicken project. laugh.gif

What can I get for a paper egg?

Well, I recently traded a CB vampire hatchie for one, but unbreedables tend to be pretty randomized in what you can get. At least a few common CB hatchies, or an uncommon like a nebula or a stripe (depending on the trader). The key is that not everyone collects unbreedables, so you're basically hoping that someone who collects them sees your trade.

Edited by LibbyLishly

Can somebody give me a list of rare shimmer lines?

There's probably too many to list, and some of these might be considered uncommon...but

x Guardian, Waterwalker, Spitfire, Royal Crimson, Copper, Albino, Electric, Daydream, Swallowtail, Waterhorse...

Honestly, it'd be better for you to stalk the trading threads and you'll come to recognize the common lineages and so, also recognize the more uncommon lineages, and the rare lineages.

Would a CB Magma be worth a 4th Gen Bronze Tinsel from Cayvyn?

I think the tinsel is worth more, but I don't give a crap about Tinsels, so they're about equal to me.

There's probably too many to list, and some of these might be considered uncommon...but

x Guardian, Waterwalker, Spitfire, Royal Crimson, Copper, Albino, Electric, Daydream, Swallowtail, Waterhorse...

Honestly, it'd be better for you to stalk the trading threads and you'll come to recognize the common lineages and so, also recognize the more uncommon lineages, and the rare lineages.

I don't mean the breeding partners, I mean the original shimmer ancestor.

I think the tinsel is worth more, but I don't give a crap about Tinsels, so they're about equal to me.

Okay, thanks!