Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

So, I've given up trying to trade for a CB copper with my current tradefodder... I'm all right with that, I figured my chances were low given that people are still hoping for CB classic metallics for them (even if most will simply not get those, but that's a different issue), but I'm curious what you folks think:

user posted image CB green opal egg + user posted imageuser posted image CB ice pair (male + female) + user posted imageuser posted image CB magma pair (male + female) + user posted imageuser posted image CB thunder pair (male + female)...

...worth one user posted image CB copper (any colour) (in theory)?

I think it is (plus small change, even) - but in practise, people won't trade for that until it's clear coppers won't go back to being extinct, i.e. I've been fishing for the deal way, way too early.

Is that about what the rest of you would think about that, or am I way off?

(Sidenote: I should add: I've caught three CB coppers since they 'came back', of which I've kept two, so my point of view is not that they're unobtainables - just very-irritating-and-difficult-to-obtainables, especially given full-time employment in the way xd.png)

So, I've given up trying to trade for a CB copper with my current tradefodder... I'm all right with that, I figured my chances were low given that people are still hoping for CB classic metallics for them (even if most will simply not get those, but that's a different issue), but I'm curious what you folks think:

user posted image CB green opal egg + user posted imageuser posted image CB ice pair (male + female) + user posted imageuser posted image CB magma pair (male + female) + user posted imageuser posted image CB thunder pair (male + female)...

...worth one user posted image CB copper (any colour) (in theory)?

I think it is (plus small change, even) - but in practise, people won't trade for that until it's clear coppers won't go back to being extinct, i.e. I've been fishing for the deal way, way too early.

Is that about what the rest of you would think about that, or am I way off?

(Sidenote: I should add: I've caught three CB coppers since they 'came back', of which I've kept two, so my point of view is not that they're unobtainables - just very-irritating-and-difficult-to-obtainables, especially given full-time employment in the way xd.png)

IMO, I feel CB Green Opals are rare enough (Possibly even more rarer?) for a CB Metallic, but people know Opals are not metallic and tend to stick with "Gotta get a CB Mettallic for my CB Metallic or at least a 2g prize!". Also when you offer a bit too much for a trade it could look like the dragons that are being traded aren't worth as near as the dragon you want.

I know what you mean pinkgothic I have offered 2 cb blusangs, a paper, even a dino and an Ice but there were no takers. The only way one might be sure of getting one is by getting a brown copper or a red copper and swapping it for green. I didn't get anywhere offering the blusangs, along with about 6 other cbs but as soon as I nabbed a cb brown copper egg and wanted a red one in exchange I received an answer within hours. Before it was even over the cooldown.

I think sad as it might be the only surefire way one can ever hope to get a copper is by trying to catch one themselves or another color to swap for it. To get on that list for somebody to get you one is also a lost cause as it is always filled. Or to try and trade for one with any thing else but copper or gold forget it. I could even go the shimmer route but I don't have any 3rd or 2nds on me.

Edited by LuvDragons

CB Coppers seem to be a tad easier to trade for now. Yesterday (I think it was yesterday, lol) I gave a 4th gen Gold Shimmer for a CB Green Copper, and a 3rd gen Bronze Tinsel fail + x8 CB Pillow hatchlings for a CB Red Copper c:

You just have to find the people who understand that they aren't super-duper-mega rares anymore.

Also when you offer a bit too much for a trade it could look like the dragons that are being traded aren't worth as near as the dragon you want.

Hmm, I've honestly not had this experience. (It does happen when everyone else is offering comparable offers, like we're having with the blusangs right now... but that's not been happening with my line-up.)

I also wouldn't consider CB forest-variant two-headed lindwurms to be on CB metallic level, but again, I'm catching the lindwurms, so that does factor in. I do know a lot of people aren't catching them at all, so they might as well be the same tier for those folks. *nod*

@LuvDragons: Blusangs have plummeted in worth, though, and unbreedables are always difficult to trade - while they're objectively scarce, they're just not hugely desired, since they can't be used in lineages. (Neglecteds don't suffer this because they're so rare they offset the negative effect of being unbreedable.) So I can understand not getting a copper for two blusangs plus change, even if it is, of course, still a shame.

@Erica8798: Nice going! smile.gif Happy to hear it.

I've let my trade run for the past four days and a bit, and no bites. Again, I'm far from bitter about it (well, maybe a bit about wasting my time; those trios were a bit tricky to get in the right time window, and keeping a trade alive during the week when work is busy falling on my head isn't fun laugh.gif but not for the trade's sake, anyway), just curious if the trade offer would be considered fair once the copper situation stabilises.

Thanks for all the answers, folks!

Edited by pinkgothic

What are dinos worth? I know they're rare, but do people actually want them?

I caught 2 of them. I don't really like the dinos so I don't plan on keeping them, but I'd like to trade them for, say, 2nd gen coppers that have been bred from coppers x nebulas, or things like CB speckle throats and BSA dragons. Things I have use for due to lineage projects or just wanting more BSAs.

What are dinos worth? I know they're rare, but do people actually want them?

I caught 2 of them. I don't really like the dinos so I don't plan on keeping them, but I'd like to trade them for, say, 2nd gen coppers that have been bred from coppers x nebulas, or things like CB speckle throats and BSA dragons. Things I have use for due to lineage projects or just wanting more BSAs.

That's a reasonable trade. They're not worth CB Metals/Coppers, but you can probably get a decent lineaged shimmer for them once in a while and any bred eggs are plausible.

Pinkgothic: where were you yesterday, when I tried to trade my copper for 2 ices?

sad.gif Maybe you should look more into trade posts made in the metallic trade center.

In my experience, people with expensive stuff do NOT scour trades fir what they need - they just post their demands and wait for good offers.

--edit--

i also think that your offer is overpaying a lot. 6 trio hatchies... Thats a lot of value.

Edited by whitebaron

CB Coppers seem to be a tad easier to trade for now. Yesterday (I think it was yesterday, lol) I gave a 4th gen Gold Shimmer for a CB Green Copper, and a 3rd gen Bronze Tinsel fail + x8 CB Pillow hatchlings for a CB Red Copper c:

Erica, if you have 3rd generation shimmers. My closest one I have is a 4th and even then the egg would be a 5th gen. And to try and get a 3rd is also a lost cause. Missed a cb silver. What else is new. sad.gif

So really it isn't any easier for me regardless of whether they want shimmer or cb gold All I can get is 2nd gen. And he isn't breeding worth a darn. The silver I have is 2nd and I offered 2 3rd gen. and there were no takers on them.

Edited by LuvDragons

Erica, if you have 3rd generation shimmers. My closest one I have is a 4th and even then the egg would be a 5th gen. And to try and get a 3rd is also a lost cause. Missed a cb silver. What else is new. sad.gif

So really it isn't any easier for me regardless of whether they want shimmer or cb gold All I can get is 2nd gen. And he isn't breeding worth a darn. The silver I have is 2nd and I offered 2 3rd gen. and there were no takers on them.

Those are not that hard to get either o.o Like I said, you just have to find the right people. Once my current 2nd gen grows up, I'll probably be gifting most of her babies, and the same thing with another 2nd gen I will be receiving. Or I trade them relatively cheap, for things like Bluna/CB Whiptail hatchlings.

What are CB green opals worth to you guys?

Personally speaking? I'd probably be willing to trade multiple 2nd Gen Coppers and/or 2nd Gen Trios for one (up to 3:1 for Coppers, more for Trios).

I see them going for higher on the Trading threads, though. A lot of people ask for CB Metallics or low-gen Prizes. user posted image

What about cb tan ridgewings??? Not too sure what to ask for it. I said 4th gen. shimmer egg. Is that comparable?? As for cb green opals I don't need anymore have them coming out of my ears biggrin.gif

Still it would be nice for them to appear more than what they are now. I can remember when they would drop fairly regularly in the forest. Now I don't hardly see any.

Oh and what should I ask for this combination if I was to repeat it by using lilyflower and my gold shimmer Mystical? I also have lily's full sister in Marigold.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/eg0no

Edited by LuvDragons

Could just be me, but it seems like people ask for less when offering stairstep metals than they do asking for checkers.

@LuvDragons I don't think you'll get much more than a common hatchie or two, maybe a BSA, for your shimmer offspring, the lineage is a bit long and it's not a perfect stair so that makes it a lot harder to trade. If you offer them as hatchies for freeze fodder you might get a bit more for them.

Edited by Tawanda001

Do people generally have more success trading stairstep metals than checkers?

stairsteps are easier to breed. thus you see more of them. thus there is some sense of them being a little cheaper - and easier to trade, as many people can't continue EG lineages.

and as i said before: lineages you can't continue, are worthless to many.

Is a CB Blusang Lindwurm or a 5th Gen Bronze Shimmer with GW worth a 2nd Gen Silver?

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Depends on the Silver. If it's purebred, it might be worth more.

Unfortunately, as someone who doesn't collect PB metals, I wouldn't pay more for a 2nd gen PB as opposed to a 2nd gen x common. smile.gif

I picked up this pink egg from the AP what should I ask for it??

http://dragcave.net/lineage/tmO8h

pretty!

ADP was looking for perfect checkers from old pinks, you might want to see if her offer is still open. Not a lot of people will be able to continue a lineage with that though, so it might take a while to find a decent trade if you post it.

If my rares weren't so stubborn I'd offer something shiny, but they always want to breed fails for me, pfffffft. Feel free to PM if you want though wink.gif

Edited by Tawanda001

Blusangs should be able to gain you any 2g dragon (excluding prizes and spriters alts)

the other part of the story, though, is if people who have enough metals to trade them iff still want blusangs or have their fill already.

(i need 16 more fem blusangs and 16 more cb ices, but thats kinda a very long project. wink.gif)

Pinkgothic: where were you yesterday, when I tried to trade my copper for 2 ices?

sad.gif Maybe you should look more into trade posts made in the metallic trade center.

In my experience, people with expensive stuff do NOT scour trades fir what they need - they just post their demands and wait for good offers.

--edit--

i also think that your offer is overpaying a lot. 6 trio hatchies... Thats a lot of value.

Aah, rats. Just FYI, I was scouring the trade section as much as I could, but during the week I only have a five hour window (max) to do so, and I only go back two pages since most people sadly don't mark their trades as completed and the false-positive rate goes up so quickly.

I PMed a total of six people offering CB coppers, I think. laugh.gif I do know you need to be 'aggressive' about getting the desirables. (Though I gotta be careful with that word; I generally don't PM people who aren't (1) asking what I've got, (2) asking for "(other) offers", and I don't think other people ought to, though it sometimes increases chances... at risk of landing you on some "do not trade with" lists and/or unpopularity.)

And yeah, I agree, though I think four trios would still be an okay deal at current.

Sorry for the delay responding, by the way, I sometimes speed-check the forum at work and the new post markers do odd things between my computers (I get the one at work showing my own posts as new posts! tongue.gif)... I never caught your response earlier!

Edited by pinkgothic

Unfortunately, as someone who doesn't collect PB metals, I wouldn't pay more for a 2nd gen PB as opposed to a 2nd gen x common. smile.gif

It depends on the person, I guess.

For me a PB metal is worth more than a metal x holiday. Or metal x Common, but that depends on the common and what the mix looks like.

I've been having trouble trading stuff lately. sad.gif

Unrelated - looks like I've seen at least 10 blusangs in the cave in the last hour. blink.gif But they're still hard to get. Had to miss like 5 before getting one(was lucky because there were 2 in a row and got the 2nd).