Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What should I ask for a CB Neglected that's ungendered? I was thinking:

2-3g Shimmer

2x CB Silver

1x CB Gold

Does that sound right?

I've offered two CB Silvers for a CB Neglected before (and the offer was accepted).

As an aside...I tend to not view CB Silvers and CB Golds as equals. Maybe because I've been around DC for a long time, I don't know...but it certainly wasn't always normal to see CB metals dropping like they have been for a good while now. There was about a four year drought in between my CB Gold catches, whereas I was catching CB Silvers well enough to part with them in trades.

And again, trade values matter differently to every single person. I don't think anyone offering 2 CB Silvers for a CB Neglected is silly at all. Nor do I think offering 2 CB Silvers for a CB Gold is sillly either (done that before as well). It's what one person's preferences are and what they are comfortable parting with.

Thanks for good inputs on the ND guys biggrin.gif

Another question... What is a CB Alt Black/Alt Vine worth?

And.... 2g PB Alt black/alt vine from both alt parents?

Another question... What is a CB Alt Black/Alt Vine worth?

There is no such thing, unless you win the raffle, then maybe you could get such an item. In the case of vines and blacks, Alts are bred only.

In the case of vines and blacks, Alts are bred only.

Alright so how much are these worth? o-o

What are CB tan ridgewings going for? I'm looking for a CB tsunami or a red copper with a clean lineage/CB specifically.

What are CB tan ridgewings going for? I'm looking for a CB tsunami or a red copper with a clean lineage/CB specifically.

While you can't get a CB copper for a CB tan ridgewing (or much of anything else, because coppers are still not really dropping ;_; ), swapping for a CB tsunami should be easy, and a clean-lineaged copper should also be easy to get.

I'd go so far as to bundle that want, really - you can get a CB tsunami and a clean-lineaged copper for a CB tan ridgewing, I'd say.

While you can't get a CB copper for a CB tan ridgewing (or much of anything else, because coppers are still not really dropping ;_; ), swapping for a CB tsunami should be easy, and a clean-lineaged copper should also be easy to get.

I'd go so far as to bundle that want, really - you can get a CB tsunami and a clean-lineaged copper for a CB tan ridgewing, I'd say.

Nice, thanks! I had managed to get green/blue coppers but not red and my scroll goals demand a red copper. These monthly drops are killing me haha.

So, what are people getting for CB Blue Opals right now?

I got a CB Blue Opal for a CB Golden Wyvern yesterday. I also managed to grab a Blue Opal from the Cave a couple hours later, ease - pretty comparable to the GWs..

Green Opals, on the other hand...seriously harder to get. What does it take to get a CB Green Opal right now?

I traded a blue opal for a second gen gold with a holiday parent. I also traded my two green opals, one for a CB Blusang and one for a second gen gold from copper. I was going to hold out for a gold shimmer but I needed these two for lineage projects biggrin.gif I've been able to catch one a day if I camp out in the forest for about an hour. They do drop but it takes a LOT of patience because the forest just does not move at all. You can easily sit for 10+ minutes and stare at the same three eggs before one moves.

What would be a reasonable trade for a 3rd gen PB Blusang? I'm one of many seeing the elusive green Opal, but I'm not picky about it being caveborn.

What would be a reasonable trade for a 3rd gen PB Blusang? I'm one of many seeing the elusive green Opal, but I'm not picky about it being caveborn.

Bred green opals shouldn't be hard to find. I know plenty of people who are willing to breed 2nd gens of that sort of thing for free. Though I'm not sure how much you'd get for the blusang. While CBs are very valuable, bred ones don't seem to be as much so, since again, a lot of people are willing to breed them for free, myself included. You might get a couple of common hatchies for it? It would definitely be worth more if you hatched it, though. Someone doing a lineage project might be interested in it especially then.

And while on the topic of blusangs, what do you think it's fair to ask for in exchange for a CB one? Are CB blusangs and CB green opals comparative at the moment?

And while on the topic of blusangs, what do you think it's fair to ask for in exchange for a CB one? Are CB blusangs and CB green opals comparative at the moment?

I say CB Blusangs are worth more than CB Green Opals at the moment.

But, PolarVortex just posted about trading a CB Green Opal for a CB Blusang? Maybe they're worth about the same at the moment then.

Alright so how much are these worth? o-o

You need to look for traders in the threads. They're not often sought after, but when they are, they can be worthwhile to breed. People value the curled black alt more than the sitting black alt, however.

Bred green opals shouldn't be hard to find. I know plenty of people who are willing to breed 2nd gens of that sort of thing for free. Though I'm not sure how much you'd get for the blusang. While CBs are very valuable, bred ones don't seem to be as much so, since again, a lot of people are willing to breed them for free, myself included. You might get a couple of common hatchies for it? It would definitely be worth more if you hatched it, though. Someone doing a lineage project might be interested in it especially then.

Thanks! I may just gift it somewhere then; I mostly bred it to see if I could. laugh.gif

A few months ago, papers were essentially worthless except to collectors; now I'm having trouble trading for one. I've had a CB Vampire hatchling, something I consider equal value, that I've been asking a Paper egg (among other things) for - but I haven't had any takers yet. Are they super-rare right now?

Strike the question; someone offered a paper. laugh.gif

Edited by LibbyLishly

A few months ago, papers were essentially worthless except to collectors; now I'm having trouble trading for one. I've had a CB Vampire hatchling, something I consider equal value, that I've been asking a Paper egg (among other things) for - but I haven't had any takers yet. Are they super-rare right now?

Strike the question; someone offered a paper. laugh.gif

I know you got your paper, but I just wanted to say that vampires are very hit or miss (even in times when the Bite rate is so low it makes the objectively rare, as was the case a few months ago). I personally likely wouldn't trade a paper for a vampire (unless it was a vampire with a really fantastic lineage, maybe happy.gif) and I know some people struggle to even get a single caveblocker hatchling for vampires, so I wouldn't rely on getting anything in particular for vampires. No harm trying, of course, and I'm glad it worked out for you, I just wanted to help explain the situation. smile.gif

I know you got your paper, but I just wanted to say that vampires are very hit or miss (even in times when the Bite rate is so low it makes the objectively rare, as was the case a few months ago). I personally likely wouldn't trade a paper for a vampire (unless it was a vampire with a really fantastic lineage, maybe happy.gif) and I know some people struggle to even get a single caveblocker hatchling for vampires, so I wouldn't rely on getting anything in particular for vampires. No harm trying, of course, and I'm glad it worked out for you, I just wanted to help explain the situation. smile.gif

Oh, I know exactly what you mean! I personally have found all of the unbreedables to be hit or miss - I had a cheese once that I could not trade off to save my life, and I had a dino I gave up on trading and just froze. But then I've turned around and gotten a CB Tsunami for an unbreedable. DC has such a weird economy. laugh.gif

Oh, I know exactly what you mean! I personally have found all of the unbreedables to be hit or miss - I had a cheese once that I could not trade off to save my life, and I had a dino I gave up on trading and just froze. But then I've turned around and gotten a CB Tsunami for an unbreedable. DC has such a weird economy. laugh.gif

Well, I've traded a Cheese egg for a Bleeding Moon hatchling earlier today. Perhaps because BMs are common and easier to get than a rare unbreedable... and because I ignore the unstable "economy" and don't demand anything of a higher value at the moment. laugh.gif

I'm looking for a 2gen Green Nebula from a female gold. Would a 3gen GoldXBlusang spiral be a good thing to offer?

I want to trade a 2nd gen PB Ice egg . How many Spitfire hatchlings is a reasonable number to ask? I know that even though they're a caveblocker breed a lot of people are catching them for the contest, but 2 people offered just one Spitfire hatchling each. Is that about as good an offer I will get?

ETA: I traded it for 2 CB hatchlings, but I would still like to know if that's as much as I can ask for.

Edited by RulenneClarissa

What's a realistic thing to ask for a CB Green Two-Headed Lindwurm? I'm probably over-asking for mine, lol.

I asked this same question a few days ago, but haven't seen a good answer yet.

I have been seeing them in the Cave, just haven't snagged more yet. I haven't traded for any since it seems people are asking 2nd-3rd gen prizes and CB Metals for them, but I don't think they'll really be THAT kind of rare.

They are definitely more available than Coppers or Blusangs, but I'm still waiting to see a realistic value on them.

Edited because I need more coffee!

Edited by dragongrrl

When CB Green Lindwurms were released, I traded one for a 2nd gen. Gold and 2nd gen. Golden Wyvern (same combination, male GW, female Gold).

Also, I'll bring my older post back:

I've been offered a CB Trio+, and all sorts of CB Uncommons (Nebula, summer) and multiple undecided hatchlings/eggs, pretty metallic stairsteps and a metallic checkered.

I've also been offered shimmers (don't remember how long the lineage was, about medium-length). This was me offering a Teleport link with a CB Green Opale and asking for "offers" and "no PMs".

They are definitely not worth a CB Gold or 2nd-3rd gen. Shimmer, though.