Jaceevoke

Question about a trade?

What's a CB Trihorn worth nowadays?

What's a CB Trihorn worth nowadays?

I hunt AP a lot and I've seen quite a bit of CB Trihorns here and there. I'd estimate not more than a Speckle-Throated (also find these in AP as CB quite a bit). Which means I'd estimate about 2-3 common eggs.

Another question from me. laugh.gif

What should I ask for a CB Neglected that's ungendered? I was thinking:

2-3g Shimmer

2x CB Silver

1x CB Gold

Does that sound right?

Another question from me.  laugh.gif

2-3g Shimmer

2x CB Silver

1x CB Gold

Does that sound right?

Certainly not two CB Silvers. I tend to think of this:

ND = CB Gold = CB Silver = 3rd gen Tinsel/Shimmer

Certainly not two CB Silvers. I tend to think of this:

ND = CB Gold = CB Silver = 3rd gen Tinsel/Shimmer

Alright, thanks for reply =3

Alright, thanks for reply =3

Although some players do consider 2 CB Silvers worth a CB Gold, so it depends on the person. Only getting 1 CB Silver though seems more likely.

By the way, what are 2G Coppers even worth? The Rare Trading thread has them listed as rare, but it really doesn't seem that way...

Although some players do consider 2 CB Silvers worth a CB Gold, so it depends on the person. Only getting 1 CB Silver though seems more likely.

That's awfully silly of them. CB Silvers aren't really worth more. Hell, I've more CB Golds than I do CB Silvers. It's just that people apply the real world idea that Gold > Silver.

@Burning: I've seen 2g PB Coppers go for Opalscent eggs (blue), there's some right now asking for 2g PB coppers in the CB Trading thread.

@Erica: That's why I was asking for 2 CB Silvers, saw someone offering 2 of them for a CB Gold. Though I prefer Silvers, I actually need a tradefodder at least once a week.

Anyways, now that I think of it.... What's a 4g Shimmer going to get you?

@Storm: Chicken will get you an Opalscent + a bit extra.

Unbreedables from lowest to higher desired:

Paper -> Cheese -> Green Dino -> Chicken -> Other colored Dino.

Edited by Saynna

2-3g Shimmer

2x CB Silver

1x CB Gold

Does that sound right?

That is exactly what I see other people asking for them, though I don't know if they get it.

The only problem with 2 cb silvers that I see is that it might be hard to find someone who actually has two of them at hand, you might ask for 1 cb silver + something else instead (or simply add that to you list).

Anyways, now that I think of it.... What's a 4g Shimmer going to get you?

Last week I got a CB Green Opal for a 4th gen uncommon Shimmer line (Layla x BBW). I've gotten CB metals for 4th gen Shims before, but that doesn't happen often. Asking for a few 2nd gen metals will most likely get an offer or two. Or I ask for ~20 Bluna/CB Whiptail hatchlings. I usually just get bored and gift them if I don't get an offer within a day or two xd.png

Although some players do consider 2 CB Silvers worth a CB Gold, so it depends on the person.

I would not trade 2 CB Metals (Be it Copper, Silver, Gold) for 1 other, ever. They are all very rare, and even though, at times, you can catch more Silvers than Golds, that's because the Golds description is so much easier for people to remember (they stay shorter available, you have less time to click). If people want two Silvers out of a Gold, just stay away of them - because those people usually would not pay you this, should the trade be reversed.

A little argument can be made about other extras to the trades, as currently the ratios look like:

copper > gold > silver

So a CB Gold could reasonably fetch a cb silver and something else, maybe an uncommon cb hatchie.

as for 4g shimmers: if you ask for hatchies, you can get almost anything but cb metals. and multiples, as well. If its commons, you may get 10-15, 20 I think is a little to high an asking price, but there's always desperate people you can exploit. smile.gif

as for the neglected: no way will you get a 2g shimmer for ONE neglected.

Edited by whitebaron

CB gold is worth slightly more than CB silver but I'd never recommend trading CB metals for other CB metals unless you're the one getting two CB silvers for a CB gold.

That's awfully silly of them. CB Silvers aren't really worth more. Hell, I've more CB Golds than I do CB Silvers. It's just that people apply the real world idea that Gold > Silver.

I agree. To me a CB metal is a CB metal. I think it really depends on the person, and like you said, people disregard their actual worth and go with the whole gold > silver idea. But I've seen CB Golds being traded for 2 CB Silvers before (no idea if those people actually founds trade though). Honestly, I see CB Golds in the cave more than Silvers (that could be coincidence, or it goes to show they don't vary a whole bunch in rarity).

Ah, yeah. 2G Coppers don't seem to be worth much (right now, anyways). I had one up a while back and asked for any offers. I got none after a day or two, so I ended up AP'ing it~ xd.png *shrugs* I was just curious if their value'd gone up any at all since then (since I have a lot to breed but just not sure if it's worth the time/effort).

@RulenneClarissa - That almost seems unfair on your behalf...(but I don't trade Tinsels much, so.)

as for the neglected: no way will you get a 2g shimmer for ONE neglected.

I did. I also got a 2nd gen Shimmer for a Horse egg. o3o

Do you hang out in IRC or DC chats?

I know a lot of trades get made through networking there that would most likely not be accepted in the trade threads. I'm not saying never, mind you, just that it's easier to work out exchanges in that setting, and when someone knows/is familiar with someone socially then they're often likely to accept less in trade.

I think that's part of the reason that some people aren't fans of having an IRC setup for chatting here, as opposed to a more accessible normal chatroom.

As for CB Golds and Silvers, there are periods where there are more Golds in the cave than Silvers, but they tend to be brief. I usually see 3 or 4 Silvers for every Gold.

I agree with whitebaron that the Gold description is more easily recognizable, which is why I think it sometimes seems like there are more their, because they're eye catching.

I've traded2 Silvers for a Gold before, but that's because the Silvers were really easy to catch and I didn't need them because the project I was working on called specifically for a Gold.

There's also the fact that the offspring of Golds are more valuable than Silvers, so it makes it the better investment breed.

When it comes to NDs, I've seen people ask for 2 Silvers or 1 Gold. I don't know how often they get that. My niece and I make a lot of NDs, but they're usually gifted or traded for lineaged dragons. IME, there is a portion of players that wont pay high prices for NDs, not because they don't want them, but because they believe that they'll be able to make them themselves eventually.

Do you hang out in IRC or DC chats?

I do hang out in the IRC (not the main channel anymore, although I used to), but both of those trades were made right here on the forums ^^'

As skauble properly put it, thats not about trade value, thats about friends/networking. Thus far, I got two 3g shimmers for free, and gifted various like those to people I like - still, trading a thank you for a 3g shimmer is NOT the standard trade value. smile.gif

@skauble: while dc irc is a great place to hang out, it does not help as much in general trading as you might think. There are afaik 5cb shimmer owners that frequent #dc regularly, but the 2g shimmer and most of the 3g shimmers I own are not from there.

As skauble properly put it, thats not about trade value, thats about friends/networking. Thus far, I got two 3g shimmers for free, and gifted various like those to people I like - still, trading a thank you for a 3g shimmer is NOT the standard trade value. smile.gif

@skauble: while dc irc is a great place to hang out, it does not help as much in general trading as you might think. There are afaik 5cb shimmer owners that frequent #dc regularly, but the 2g shimmer and most of the 3g shimmers I own are not from there.

No it's not, at least the two trades I'm talking about weren't. I had never had contact with the owners before I made the trade with them. The first one, I offered a CB ND, and she took it. The second, she told me to just "give her an egg from my favourite pairing", which happened to be a sibling to this.

But yes, I will admit that some of it is who you know. Hence why a good friend is breeding me a 2nd gen Shimmer as a birthday present (and at least 75% of his babies will be gifted, as that's only right).

Edited by Erica8798

Would a 5th gen Tinsel be a fair offer on 2 long-lined Prizes? (10th gen Tinsel and 12th gen Shimmer)

Unless they are from very special lines, 10th gen prizes are worth almost nothing.

But a 5th gen tinsel is usually worth almost nothing too.

I may accept 2 very long gen prizes for a 5th gen tinsel if I want to freeze them and they are low time, so they don't take a place on my scroll for much time.

Prizes are so confusing to me... 3rd gen is an uber-rare but 5th gen is already worthless!?

On that topic, I have a pair of CB opals (one green, one blue), a CB Summer, and a variety of CB hatchlings... How low gen a gold shimmer do you think is reasonable to ask for? What about silver or bronze? I'd most like a gold, though, since I don't have one yet.

Prizes are so confusing to me... 3rd gen is an uber-rare but 5th gen is already worthless!?

On that topic, I have a pair of CB opals (one green, one blue), a CB Summer, and a variety of CB hatchlings... How low gen a gold shimmer do you think is reasonable to ask for? What about silver or bronze? I'd most like a gold, though, since I don't have one yet.

At this time, yes - at least for Shimmers. Since they are fairly new, the CBs are still breeding, the 2nd and 3rd Gens are still breeding - it's not like the Tinsels, where you are much less likely to get on a CB, 2nd or even 3rd Gen. breeding list. There are so many Shimmers circulating right now that 5th Gen. is very common to find, I'm afraid. D: 4th Gen is where it starts getting "good" to most competitively searching for Shimmers/Tinsels right now. There has been a little kick up for Tinsels as well, as people are lineage swapping with Shimmers.

It does depend on the color. :3

For all of that for a Gold? I'd likely say a 6th~4th Gen Shimmer - there are so few CBs of them, after all, so that makes them rare. For the green opal alone, you could search through the metallic trading thread and negotiate some good deals, especially if you throw in a few of the other things you have. Good luck! ^-^

Edited by Momo

Prize dragons are worth the generation they produce. 4th gens produce 5th, so the cut off actually tends to lie with that generation. When you hit 5th gen it's more of a mental thing. It's like charging $19.99 for a product instead of $20.00. The penny doesn't matter, but it's been demonstrated, time and time again, that the psychological effect is real and people are more likely to buy a product if that penny is shaved off.

Likewise, the 5th gen is seen as a mid-point, and thus the beginning of the slide into high gen territory.

The Green Opal is the key in that trade. I've seen 5th gen Shimmers being offered, but someone who's tried to hunt one and so has seen how the Forest is almost wall to wall cave blockers might be willing to go four but it will probably be a common line (I believe I've also seen 4th, but those were for multi-Greens, IIRC).

I would give a range of what you'd like to get to the highest you'll take. For instance "3rd - 5th gen Shimmer, Gold will have priority". Although, since 5th tends to be seen as the cut off for low gen, you can simply say "low gen". But there are always a few people that think that an 8th gen is low if they've seen 14th gens of that line.

Also, I might not put 2nd gen in there because if someone wants to offer that they'll assume you'd accept it since people generally give ranges to prevent higher gen offers, not lower ones, and I've talked to more than a few people lately who have been getting (not so reasonably,IMO) annoyed when they think someone is asking for something ridiculous in their trade posts or on EAtW. Since it's already implied that you'd take it there's no need to poke the bear that might have the trade you want.

Thank you, that is very good input! I always worry about sounding too greedy or entitled, but on the other hand if I sound too "cheap" I get inundated with low-ball offers.

I will see if I can catch another green opal to sweeten the deal... And that is exactly why I don't really want a 5th gen either, because ideally I'd like something whose offspring I can trade, even though I happen to think 5th is the prettiest length to view for most dragons cool.gif Same thing for lineages with holiday mates... I like them just fine for my collection, but the offspring would be so much harder to trade. Gah!