wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Bred a CB silver to a non-CB dragon xd.png I should really check next time!

Bred halloween mates for people who stated last week that they'd need them. I should have checked their scrolls first. Apparently, they just never bothered to adjust their request post since last week.

I accepted an IOU from someone I hadn't known before. They took my 2 CB Silvers without a word and I haven't heard from them ever since. sad.gif

Wondering why an ER sunrise I caught wasn't hatching even though it had so many views! durr

Completely blanked while staring at a Gaia in the Jungle, and someone else took it first. And it's literally the LAST egg I need for my scroll goals to be finally up to date. :/

I forgot to enter one of my dragons in my spreadsheet and influenced a new egg female because I thought I still needed a male and a female, while in reality I only need a male.

At least I noticed in time. smile.gif I hope I can erase the influence (or trade a hatchling later).

Needed BOTH a mageia and a thalassa for my lineage, and since I sort of had the "okay this pairing needs to give me a mageia", I abandoned the thalassa from the first pairing. Was about to abandon the mageia from the second pairing, too, because I thought that this pairing needed to produce a thalassa.

Yes, they had identical lineages.

...and yes I didn't realize that sooner, because my lineage had a weird pattern and I didn't bother to check earlier. xd.png

Man, I've done that too! dry.gif And forgotten double-check which pairs had already given me the harder-to-get egg and abandoned one I needed. Set a checker project back a long way...

Misclicked a Pyrope, I have to stop freaking out whenever I see "polished". =p

I managed to freeze two hatchlings I was meant to be hiding for zombification. I even considered if I was going to have enough freezes left to complete scroll goals over halloween. Apparently I just thought 'I need to do something on the actions page. Must be freezing them', without considering what I was doing.

And wasn't that a waste of egg slots for several days dry.gif

I guess this counts, haha. Every time I get tradefodder that hatches, I almost always end up naming them before I can trade them so they wind up staying on my scroll. But honestly, I'm /always/ out of things to name and I'm always thinking of new things and it's hard to resist naming anything that's not named!

CAVE: "This egg feels like polished stone."

ME: "OMFG, an Almandine!!!!"

ME: *grabs wildly*

CAVE: "VOLCANO! lol!"

rolleyes.gif

CAVE:  "This egg feels like polished stone."

ME:  "OMFG, an Almandine!!!!"

ME:  *grabs wildly*

CAVE:  "VOLCANO!  lol!"

rolleyes.gif

This has happened to me too! Way too many times. biggrin.gif It can't be helped, a description that has polished stone in it sounds way too tempting to resist.

Yesterday I was browsing the coast when I saw three eggs. One of them said "This egg smells faintly like brine." I didn't even notice that one. Instead I decided to look up the one that said "This egg seems to be floating on a puddle" on the wiki.

For those who don't get it, I had the chance to get a Blusang Lindwurm and instead I decided to try and find out what a Water Walker Dragon's egg description was.

CAVE: "This egg feels like polished stone."

ME: "OMFG, an Almandine!!!!"

ME: *grabs wildly*

CAVE: "VOLCANO! lol!"

rolleyes.gif

^ Me every time I'm in the Volcano laugh.gif

Yesterday I was browsing the coast when I saw three eggs. One of them said "This egg smells faintly like brine." I didn't even notice that one. Instead I decided to look up the one that said "This egg seems to be floating on a puddle" on the wiki.

For those who don't get it, I had the chance to get a Blusang Lindwurm and instead I decided to try and find out what a Water Walker Dragon's egg description was.

I haven't memorised every description. I just memorise rares. Then if I'm specifically looking for something else, I look it up before hunting. That helps a lot!

I haven't memorised every description. I just memorise rares. Then if I'm specifically looking for something else, I look it up before hunting. That helps a lot!

Same here, actually. Or if I find something I haven't seen before (since I'm relatively new) and if I know it isn't a rare, I look it up on the wiki because I have time to decide whether to get it or not...mostly.

Missing all the holiday games of all these years, as well as having a hiatus because I forgot about this site for many many years until now. ;;-;; I missed SO MANY BOOOTIFUL DRAGONS!!!! *sobbing forever* And I MISSED THE MANA GAME! DDDD8 TTTTTTTT_____TTTTTTTTTTT I am STILL kicking myself over that dammit!!!!

I know that mana game as "Alchemy" which used to be a free-to-play online game, but nowadays it's download&pay only, sadly.

Stayed up last night till 10:30 pm (central) before realizing that Halloween doesn't start until tonight. blink.gif

I clicked on a Mageia only to realise a CB Silver dropped right next to it. >_< Oh my god I feel so stupid. It was the first one i've seen in months, too. Congrats to the one who got it.

Edited by lovecats99

I once again forgot it's nearing event time, so I'm sitting here with 6 hatchies and 5 eggs on my scroll, waiting for a lot of incubate and influence cooldowns, and hitting myself for being so forgetful. -.-

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

Sent a PM (which has been read half an hour ago) when I'm actually too tired to wait for a response. *goes to sleep now*

Not realizing I was using up all my incubates so close to Halloween breeding opening by pushing a little too hard to get to Silver before Halloween.

Not having more Reds before my first holiday event rolleyes.gif

I just grabbed 6 eggs from the abandoned cave and then found out that the Halloween bred eggs will probably be dropping in the abandoned cave in about four hours. That has to rank up there with the most stupid things ever done here.

blink.gif