wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

Tmw you incubate a bunch of eggs and then decide to do a little breeding... before remembering that oh yeah, you're still locked for one more hour.

Of course my Golden Wyvern/Verdigris Copper couple gave me a gorgeous egg. Oh well, hopefully someone will like it.

Guess who got wrapped up in Minecraft and forgot to influence a couple eggs? xd.png Oh well. Neither are irreplaceable if they do end up misgendered.

Hunting for Pinks at the moment and grabbing eggs out of the Coast... of course they are Flamingo Wyverns. Maybe i will keep them.

I managed to get lucky once, it was a pink! But I always tend to be so impatient to click every egg with that description in the coast, and they 99% turn out to be flamingos. tongue.gif

I managed to get lucky once, it was a pink! But I always tend to be so impatient to click every egg with that description in the coast, and they 99% turn out to be flamingos. tongue.gif

The club of the impatient Pink hunters? Sounds great. wink.gif

Also a classic is to bite an egg to get rid of it and then be blocked for 24 hours... 5 hours are soooooooo looooooooonnnnnng. laugh.gif

What sort of stupid things HAVEN'T I done?!

I remember catching a 3rd gen Tinsel somewhere around I first started, looked up the dragon and thought the Adult was ugly so I abandoned it without considering how rare it is...

I let a bunch of Halloween Hatchlings gender wrong with this being my first Halloween on DC

I started a lineage that I thought would look really cool but I accidentally influenced a dragon wrong.

Loads of stupid things I've done lol

Also a classic is to bite an egg to get rid of it and then be blocked for 24 hours... 5 hours are soooooooo looooooooonnnnnng. laugh.gif

Ugh, I got impatient and bit three dragons. Two died and one turned ... so, still had a wait of 5 hours, plus a day apiece for the dead eggs.

Oh yes an egg that turned will still block the eggslot for 5 hours. *sigh* But with earthquake it could be worse. I think i used earthquake once very early just to see what this earthquake is doing. Oh i was not so good in reading English back then now where i play games like Assassins Creed 1 (without subtitle because there is no option for subtitle) in English. Much easier with all this accents. laugh.gif

So you just read it does something with your eggs and your eggs could hatch faster... mmh let us do it. Oh so many dead eggs. sad.gif

Oh i once freezed a hatchling to be able to get another egg... I was egglot not hatchlinglocked. *faceplam moment*

I realeased the frozen hatchling to the wilderness because i am able to breed the same lineage again.

Sigh. Just abandoned a 2G Shimmerfail instead of keeping it for trade purposes.

ETA: Caught 7 Caligenes this year. Totally forgot to influence them and ended up with seven males. blink.gif Thank goodness for trading.

Edited by morgianlefaye

I grabbed an Ember, forgetting that the Magma description is slightly different, so I tried biting it in the hopes of a repulse. It turned, but it got kept. :I

I bred the wrong dragons, but since it is now at the top of the breeding list, I keep doing it again and again ...

... Forgot someone speaks German (even though I wrote it down at some point) and PM'd them in English. Ooops. laugh.gif

... Forgot someone speaks German (even though I wrote it down at some point) and PM'd them in English. Ooops. laugh.gif

I rememeber in one of the grammar/description threads having a discussion about the subtleties of German Umlauts in names and the finer details of grammar in German vs English in English with 2 or 3 other people who were all German. It was quite surreal in a funny way xd.png

Also my DC default is English anway, so I have to fight the "Denglish" pretty hard when pm'ing in German wink.gif

Just Bred A 5th Gen Spotted Green Wing!

Then realized I had 4 eggs already... sad.gif

Another stupid Thing I Did...

I went on this thread xd.pngcool.gif

JK

Not a stupid thing I did, but...

I didn't expect to be harassed and called names for no apparent reason while attempting to haggle with a trader who was asking an exorbitant price for what they were trying to sell.

I'm not going to post the line of conversation here out of respect that I probably shouldn't have for the other trader, but no one in their right mind would side with the other person if they saw the message thread.

I try to be as drama free as possible, and I just. What.

"Not expecting to be randomly trolled by a person with serious issues on DC" can now be added to the list of stupid things I've done on here, I suppose.

Back in July, I think, when I'd first joined, I saw an egg in the cave that said "When you go near this egg, your hair stands on end." And I thought, "Static electricity. Must be an Electric dragon!" So I grabbed it, and I saw the sprite, and I thought, "Oh, that's not an Electric dragon!" And I abandoned it.

To make a long(ish) story short: I abandoned a CB Thunder egg. I really wish I'd known better... *sigh*

Edited by dark_and_stormy_heart

Just auto-abandoned this Silver (who was going to fulfill an IOU)….

But somebody was kind enough to return it, as I see. So you got lucky!

Locked myself with all kinds of eggs and making my good friend who bred me a silver shimmer wait for quite a while before I took it. I hate to keep people waiting, especially when they are super kind to me. sad.gif

I just abandoned an egg I meant to keep rolleyes.gif

At least it was just a waterhorse bred from my own dragons. It's replaceable.

I'm sorry, I think I have everyone on this thread beat. Unfortunately.

I became a member of DragCave at the end of November....2008. Guess who didn't log in on Christmas because nothing ever happens on Christmas. I don't remember ever seeing any notifications, either.

Yeah....I missed out on getting first gen Hollies. And I seem to be one of the very, very few people still around from then. My eldest son and husband were also members then. Between us we could have 6 first gen Hollies. They also still play occasionally.

So, not only did we miss out (and my lowest Holly is 6th gen), the whole community is missing out since we would have been breeding them still.

Always upsets me this time of the year. And it's not like there's anything I can do about it.

Edited by Skyal

I became a member of DragCave at the end of November....2008. Guess who didn't log in on Christmas because nothing ever happens on Christmas. I don't remember ever seeing any notifications, either.

Yeah....I missed out on getting first gen Hollies. And I seem to be one of the very, very few people still around from then. My eldest son and husband were also members then. Between us we could have 6 first gen Hollies. They also still play occasionally.

So, not only did we miss out (and my lowest Holly is 6th gen), the whole community is missing out since we would have been breeding them still.

Always upsets me this time of the year. And it's not like there's anything I can do about it.

That feeling, I feel for you. Wish Holly users from then were still around or more of them.

I remember thinking Bright Pink & Frill dragons were not that important to collect because they were so common in the cave so I didn't prioritize them and was inactive when they were retired.....

I try to collect everything now >.>

That feeling, I feel for you. Wish Holly users from then were still around or more of them.

I remember thinking Bright Pink & Frill dragons were not that important to collect because they were so common in the cave so I didn't prioritize them and was inactive when they were retired.....

I try to collect everything now >.>

I have a couple old pinks and frills, but I would have liked to have a few more.

I think it actually upsets me more that I see all these people desperately looking for 2nd or even 3rd gen Hollies and there just aren't many people (any?) left who can help. I'd love to be able to contribute. I'm sure hubby and eldest could have been convinced as well, but unless there's some kind of magical DragCave time machine I don't know about, we can't.

At least we all have 1st gen Yulebucks, I guess.

Same here. I was active in 2008 but yeah, totally skipped Christmas... I also had more dragons back then but the Lagmonster ate quite a few of them I guess, I became inactive before it. But yeah, good thing we have those Yulebucks, they make me happy!

xd.png

because charlottekay62 said her friend Kuro was looking for a specific Vampire egg

I decided to help as I love stealing .. er .. hunting eggs

I think I have what egg is desired ..

but Justie is nowhere to be found

and how to contact Kuro ??

the tick tocking clock is winding down before the wee one hatches

talk about not p

....................... l

....................... a

........................ n

........................... ning ahead ... sad.gif

help me gift this wee one ... if you know these dragoneers ..

stupid to steal without getting a name first !! ninja.gif

because charlottekay62 said her friend Kuro was looking for a specific Vampire egg

*snip*

help me gift this wee one ... if you know these dragoneers ..

If you search for members on the forums, click "members" (upper right side of the forum header), type the name, and - important! - change the drop-down thing from "Search All Available" to "Name contains". If you search for "All Available", it only checks for people who are actually online, I think - or it's simply bugged, but that one never works.

Here you go: charlottekay62's profile