wildwindflower

Stupid things you've done on dc

10 hours ago, Reykur said:

Miscalculated my holiday breedings (this a not-so-fond tradition by now it seems) and now I am one slot short and I really do not want to freeze or abandon any of the hatchies/ eggs I got right now. And of course nothing grows before the time for holiday breeding is over, so staying up half the night won't help me either.

You could ask in the random scroll help thread for assistance!

I might also be able to hold on to something for you until you get slots free. My AP ERs hatch quickly to free up egg slots. I sadly don't have stuns available in case they are necessary.

Edit: Oh well I guess it's too late to help with holiday breedings... Unless it's a slot for the new release that you need.

Edited by Platykwak

5 hours ago, Platykwak said:

You could ask in the random scroll help thread for assistance!

I might also be able to hold on to something for you until you get slots free. My AP ERs hatch quickly to free up egg slots. I sadly don't have stuns available in case they are necessary.

Edit: Oh well I guess it's too late to help with holiday breedings... Unless it's a slot for the new release that you need.

Thanks for the offer! 

I needed some sleep anyways and yeah it was regular holiday breeding. New release slots are not free yet either, but they will be in time, so I'm all good now. :)

Traded for a messy light weaver for freezing, confirmed it had gendered, & released it instead of freezing. Great.

I might have to call it stupid thing that I have done... by NOT doing it on DC. Which would be, NOT remembering that at Christmas DC has a whole new exclusive release and a series of events. *facepalm*

I work healthcare in an inpatient setting and I happened to work through 22-25, which meant that I didn't see my family either. So, naturally less focused on holidays other than saying "Merry Christmas!" to patients and colleagues who also happened be in the hospital for the holiday. Well, being understaffed than usual, by the time I got off the work on the Christmas day the only thing I could think of was "The biggest Christmas gift this is year that I can rest for a few days after today!" I work second shift which means it is midnight when I am off... and guess what? I still had a chance since I live in EST. But I went straight to bed, without second thoughts. Comes 28th, well after holidays, and suddenly it hits me. Didn't I forget something... OH WELL!

But at least I was getting paid to be there on holidays unlike the patients who had to stay for the holidays, so I won't complain. Late happy holidays everyone!

3 hours ago, valencha said:

I might have to call it stupid thing that I have done... by NOT doing it on DC. Which would be, NOT remembering that at Christmas DC has a whole new exclusive release and a series of events. *facepalm*

I work healthcare in an inpatient setting and I happened to work through 22-25, which meant that I didn't see my family either. So, naturally less focused on holidays other than saying "Merry Christmas!" to patients and colleagues who also happened be in the hospital for the holiday. Well, being understaffed than usual, by the time I got off the work on the Christmas day the only thing I could think of was "The biggest Christmas gift this is year that I can rest for a few days after today!" I work second shift which means it is midnight when I am off... and guess what? I still had a chance since I live in EST. But I went straight to bed, without second thoughts. Comes 28th, well after holidays, and suddenly it hits me. Didn't I forget something... OH WELL!

But at least I was getting paid to be there on holidays unlike the patients who had to stay for the holidays, so I won't complain. Late happy holidays everyone!

Keep an eye on the AP!  A number of players "catch and release" new holiday breeds when they're available so that people who aren't able to get online can find them in the AP later.  ;) 

abandoned a silver I caught in the ap just because I didn't like it

biggest regret of all time lol

Leaving for a few 14 years, and now I need to lookup what everything means and crying over all the dragons I could've had 👀

Frantically breeding Valentine lineages before the big holiday... and apparently when influencing this batch of eggs I accidentally misinfluenced some.  Now I have to rebreed three things and I have only myself to blame.  :[

I discovered I completely missed a release last year. :blink: It was the one for Peach Pied and Jaw Splitter dragons. Weird, because I was active on the site at the time; I was in the annual 100-day breeding challenge. The good news is, I managed to find one of each in the AP. 

I mistook a trade for an egg of the same species that I had just bred and abandoned it.

Toss the wrong egg and it was a cb aeon 😅 that was painful and the new owner name it after the ap 😂 

spent the last few months passively looking for a CB F green nebula, only recently glanced through the encyclopedia & realized that the colors are split by gender.

also, got the ToD wrong on my most recent neglected attempt. set an alarm & everything, only to hop online & see my egg had already died. RIP little brimstone :(

Successfully bred my project lineage after several weeks of nothing, only to have the egg auto-abandon because my dumb self forgot to make room. 

Argh, I messed up an entry on my Valentine spreadsheet and it resulted in my 1) thinking that a 3G Amarignis had a mate when it didn't, and 2) breeding it to a 2G dragon that I didn't want to breed it to, who 3) also doesn't have a mate because the 3G was listed as its mate.

If I had known the 2G was mateless I could have easily bred it a mate before the holiday.  Even if I didn't get an egg, at least I wouldn't have wasted time and an egg slot holding the misbred offspring of them both for 2 days before realizing what I'd done.  ]:<

Edited by sorenna

I haven't been on DC since 2018 and I started to get back into it. I was just in time for the Valentines day release and I almost killed my new hatchlings because they were getting too many clicks. I completely forgot that they can get sick and die if too many people are clicking on them. 🥲

I mixed up Floret Wyverns and Astraels when posting a trade. I knew something was wrong with the message but couldn't figure out what it was. I double and triple-checked that I'd mentioned the right colours. Worked out alright in the end though as the person offering figured out what I meant

I waited patiently for my CB Shumoga to hit 4 days 12 hours, it's at the proper cracking stage, I go to actions... And I had used the last of my kill slots last night on one of my deadlines. x_x Didn't click that it was the same for eggs and adults.

Oh well, the tame Shumoga description is very cute.

Offering an Alpine NR on a trade seeking a Desert NR cause I didn't think I had any Alpines/didn't check the egg, I'm so sorry! *redface*

I offered an ungendered hatchling for someone looking for genderswap in the trading hub and they accepted my offer, but I just realised that I probably sent them the wrong gender. I had precogged the hatchling of course, but I must have got confused somewhere, maybe I misread their trade message. It was an accident but I feel so bad about it, I hope they don't think I was being dishonest on purpose. 😿

I worked hard to catch back this 2g Pink Sapphire from Silver, then finally got him a mate! Go me!

Mate grew up, now let's try and breed them- wait how come I can't find the mate in the list-

I influenced the Sapphire the wrong gender. 😭😭😭