TJ09

2022-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

4 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

It's harder to see on the adults, but seems quite clear on the hatchlings. The hatchling description even specifies two faces, instead of two heads.

The neck is also fairly thick and seems to have a "seam" in the middle. They could have two sets of neck bones in there.

Edited by Guillotine

The adults are gorgeous!

I am having so much fun re-playing “rise of the zombies” and decorating my garden further ^^

This year’s event seems fun, but I can’t make it too far on mobile /: oh well, I did get my badge! And “finished” it … as a “loose end” xD

(and did I spy “What We Do in the Shadows” vamps in the basement?)

🐈‍⬛🦇🕷

Love the new dragons, Thank You!!!!

Also please make Rise of the zombies permanent pleeease XD

Really impressive dragons this year, both in art and concept! Congratulations to Odeen and Rwyvern.

Also love the event. Lots of gorgeous art and a fun story. Clearly a lot of work went into this one. Props to all involved!

Happy (belated) Halloween everyone. 🙂

Wow these guys are very cool! This isn't going to be a great description but I really like the color range used in the shading. It reminds me of video game spritework.

I admit I'm not super excited about the adults on this new breed, but I love that we are getting some more color into the Halloweens! Especially the eggs, I have a feeling these ones will stand out in the AP! I do really like the description, the whole 'spooky stereotype/myth is actually way off' I love that kind of thing. 

...... I haven't even tried the murder mystery yet. I definitely want to before the event is over, but reading on here that it has a 'time limit' of some sort and all the clues and different things you need to do.... Blah I just don't have the motivation for that.

Yes the new Halloween dragons are top cool, and the whole event has been very satisfying. Thank you very very much!

Hey, on the game - the "time limit" does not bother much, never reached it. You go through the rooms and search them and talk to the dragons. The tip is to first search the room, then talk to the dragon/dragons inside. At least ask where they were when the murder happened and try and pick up things - focus on written things and murder weapons! I liked the game, didn't require any dexterity which I don't have - but was fun.

And I'm feeling kinda creepy, my Rise of the Zombies game is now playing its 2555th round and going strong - have I invented a perpeetum mobile?

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

...... I haven't even tried the murder mystery yet. I definitely want to before the event is over, but reading on here that it has a 'time limit' of some sort and all the clues and different things you need to do.... Blah I just don't have the motivation for that.

Don't let anything put you off.  I went through it at a normal pace the first time, and I never got timed out.  You do have to go back in (well, I had to anyway)  for the ones that unlock where you've already been, but knowing what you're doing, you can start to click faster then.

5 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I admit I'm not super excited about the adults on this new breed, but I love that we are getting some more color into the Halloweens! Especially the eggs, I have a feeling these ones will stand out in the AP! I do really like the description, the whole 'spooky stereotype/myth is actually way off' I love that kind of thing. 

The time limit isn't real-time either, it's more of a limit on the amount of "moves" you can do! It counts down for new dialogue and search options but you can reread stuff for free so I only ran out when exhausting my options

I am rather embarrassed to admit that I failed a second time in the mystery game, and I was so sure that I had picked the right culprit. After restarting the game yet again, do I need to conduct another complete investigation, or can I skip investigating and go directly to picking another suspect?

sneaks out of hiding

these guys were an absolute treat to design! Thank you all for such a positive and welcoming reception ❤️ This collab was a dream come true and gave me an excuse to work in a bunch of my favourite creature design gimmicks big hair not to mention Odeen’s stellar spritework knocks it out of the park again! 

Here’s some extra food I’ve been hard at work on for y’all ❤️

0AC3F5A2-C3A5-4B50-A459-6A8C023A0666.jpeg

8A98DBCA-86FE-4674-BB5B-E812B4246516.jpeg

C84366DA-D409-45F8-ABF0-076B6742BFE5.jpeg

Edited by RWyvern

15 minutes ago, RWyvern said:

sneaks out of hiding

these guys were an absolute treat to design! Thank you all for such a positive and welcoming reception ❤️ This collab was a dream come true and gave me an excuse to work in a bunch of my favourite creature design gimmicks big hair not to mention Odeen’s stellar spritework knocks it out of the park again! 

OH MY GOD WOOOW 

imagine waking up at 3 AM and seeing that lol

25 minutes ago, RWyvern said:

sneaks out of hiding

Oooh! Excellent. I love the concept art, particularly the first piece. :wub: How big are these dragons in comparison to others, out of curiosity? 

As for breed plans, I think these will look lovely with Hooktalons.

52 minutes ago, casprrr said:

I am rather embarrassed to admit that I failed a second time in the mystery game, and I was so sure that I had picked the right culprit. After restarting the game yet again, do I need to conduct another complete investigation, or can I skip investigating and go directly to picking another suspect?

You should at least search all the rooms and gather all the physical evidence again, or else you won't have anything to prove your suspicions.  If you have the option to ask where they were at the time of the murder, do that, too.  You probably don't have to ask every dragon about every other dragon again, though.

55 minutes ago, RWyvern said:

sneaks out of hiding

Beautiful work RWyvern!  I love your abilities and creativity :D

54 minutes ago, RWyvern said:

sneaks out of hiding

Oh, Wow!

Amazing! And that first one is really, really scary!

I love the "big hair". My daughter-in-law, a Jersey girl, would die for sweeping locks like that! XD

57 minutes ago, RWyvern said:

sneaks out of hiding

This art is stunning ;a; These guys are so creepy, but like, also ethereal and beautiful. I love their luxurious manes—nothing like a villain with a great hair-care routine. Congrats to you and @Odeen!!! Exciting to have our first two-headed holiday, especially with one so cool.

59 minutes ago, RWyvern said:

sneaks out of hiding

Thank you for your lovely work on these! A gorgeous new holiday, and WOW these pieces are spectacular, too. Very evocative and haunting in an inspiring way.

26 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Oooh! Excellent. I love the concept art, particularly the first piece. :wub: How big are these dragons in comparison to others, out of curiosity? 

❤️

if we use the horse as a standardised measurement one could probably figure that out 👀 

eta thank you all so so much ❤️ 

Edited by RWyvern

Thanks everyone for the wonderful reception! I am so grateful to have been able to rope Rwyvern into collaborating on these guys. Never mind that I am an eternal two-head stan.

The Crypt dragon concept was based loosely on a combination of church grims, imperial guardian lions, and barghests. While they are aloof and not particularly friendly to living creatures, they are also not aggressive unless you try to desecrate their chosen territory. As such, cemetery groundskeepers and archaeologists have become the accidental subject matter experts on Crypt behavior by virtue of needing to coexist with them and build their trust. They are not large compared to many of the dragon breeds in Valkemare, but they are plenty big and vicious enough to ruin a graverobber's life night.

For those who come to understand the Crypt dragon's nature, its presence near a loved one's final resting place can offer a sense of peace: long after they and everyone else who might be able to remember the loved one fondly have moved away or passed on, the Crypt dragon will be there to love and protect their loved one's spirit in their stead.

Edited by Odeen

@Odeen Thanks for that additional information. It really makes me love them even more!

2 hours ago, RWyvern said:

sneaks out of hiding

@Odeen @RWyvern 

Oh my gosh these are absolutely stunning! Your concept on these is beautiful. It really finds that space between regal and spooky in a wonderful way. Beautiful work and I am *honored* to have these guys on my scroll. Truly fabulous design and a refreshing new take on the spooky holiday dragon!

Edited by IvoryRaven15

I just collected my very last treat from 2010! Super glad we got 2 full weeks this year to collect as many treats as possible.

I really like the new dragon designs, kinda hoping I'll find some in the apwall later to add to my collection.

@RWyvern and @Odeen - thank you guys once more. Those sketches - I'd hang the one with the eerie horse on my wall any day... sort of catches the whole concept and gives a perfect image of the dragon.