TJ09

2022-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Finished the murder mystery and got the right killer first try.

Minor spoilers:

Spoiler

But I wish there was a way to check your inventory, because I really wanted to compare the notes you find to confirm it is the same handwriting. Or at least a way to show the notes to a dragon.
So I wasn't really sure if I accused the right dragon.

And I love that you could meet the dragon versions of Nadja, Laszlo and Nandor in the basement. Took a couple of screenshots, they looked amazing!

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Good job to all involved in this year's event. All the puns were a hoot, especially the names! 

I really appreciate the references to What We Do In the Shadows in the basement! Those vamps with their "creepy paper" and "colorful dust that sparkles" really cracked me up. 

The creepy paper!  * ded! * 😄 

18 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

In case no one else has posted it, the description of the new eggs is  "This cool, weathered egg is a heavy burden to bear."

So for all those who didn't check the site in the first few hours to see the eggs, now you know what to look for to make sure you are going after the right eggs.

Looking back, big Thank You to Ripan for posting the egg description on page 4

Thank You!

The egg is beautiful, and the hatchlings are so cute! Can't wait for the adults to show up. :D

1 hour ago, Stormpaws said:

Finished the murder mystery and got the right killer first try.

Minor spoilers:

Hide contents

But I wish there was a way to check your inventory, because I really wanted to compare the notes you find to confirm it is the same handwriting. Or at least a way to show the notes to a dragon.
So I wasn't really sure if I accused the right dragon.

And I love that you could meet the dragon versions of Nadja, Laszlo and Nandor in the basement. Took a couple of screenshots, they looked amazing!

Yes, I got way too fixated on the handwriting. Especially once I found Joe's will and the D&D character sheets in "various handwriting" I felt like I should have been able to do something to check whether the fake letter matched the handwriting in the note signed by the killer rather than Joe's or the other NPC's. Apparently my character figured it out on her own in the final cutscene lol!

I am not really a huge fan of puns but I did appreciate the Red Herring and the Tea dragon who spills the tea, and I liked the Dorkface reference in the end 🙂

Edited by tjekan

1 hour ago, Shadowsearcher said:

What was the creepy paper?

Decorations. One of the vampires in What We Do In The Shadows calls crepe paper "creepy paper."

Edited by BringsTheSnow

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Decorations. One of the vampires in What We Do In The Shadows calls crepe paper "creepy paper."

ohhh haha lol

Oh no, I'm gonna have to wait until next year to get these guys. Yesterday was just So Much going on and I didn't have time to get on until after cave midnight. (I...might have forgotten I don't live in the same timezone anymore oops)

12 hours ago, tjekan said:

Ok, so I'm good at murder mysteries and not quite so good at text adventures-- solved the murder right away but I have no idea if there's anything I can do with any of the subplots, can anyone help here? Any help would be much appreciated. 🙂

Reveal hidden contents

The only subplot the Tea Lady clued me in to that I was able to do anything with was the Thundersnow's missing book. Do any of the others have any resolution and I just failed to find it?
1) Is there any way to get the Silver dragon to go talk to his crush?
2) I found the Gemshard's horn ring, took it from the Murkling but there's no option to give it back to her?
3) Tea Lady suggests the Flamingo would like to join the Arcana's D&D game, which he had been talking about with me. I found the D&D materials in the game room but didn't get an option to show them to him, I brought them back to the Arcana and the Blancblack with no results as well, is this a dead end?
4) What were the Gemshard and Silver quarreling about, I think I exhausted all their talk options and they never said, did I miss one?

yes, there is a way to resolve the Thundersnow’s missing book :) 

1 minute ago, hazeh said:

Yes, I found that, it's the numbered subplots in the hidden part of my post I wondered if there's any way to resolve them. But I suppose they were just background flavor. 🙂

It's funny that you're able to give the stolen jewelry back to the thief but have no option to give it back to its owner. Some policeman I am, lol!

5 minutes ago, hazeh said:

aaah how do you do it? ive been trying to figure it out

I loved the puns in the game. For example the Flamingo dragon -his name is FLOYD- as in...Pink Floyd. It didn't even register until later that it was a pun. Red Herring was a cute one too. Some I didn't get 'cuz I am not knowledgeable on some movies but I enjoyed this years Halloween event.

12 minutes ago, pandorasfoxvt said:

aaah how do you do it? ive been trying to figure it out

Here's the book resolution:

Spoiler

You need to check behind the portrait/painting in one of the upstairs rooms, then head back downstairs with the "book" you've found! Make sure you have enough action points to keep talking to the Thundersnow afterwards.

And for a question of my own:

Spoiler

I have the Fire Gem's jewelry -- what's the dialogue option to give it back? your action points drain so fast in that room it almost feels like a glitch x-x

Loving the event so far and looking forward to seeing what the adults look like, but could someone who has completed the event tell me what I'm doing wrong?

MAJOR EVENT SPOILERS:

Spoiler

I'm almost completely certain that Sebastian is guilty based on the handwriting on the various notes I've come across and his alibi, but when I go to accuse him I'm told I'm wrong and just playing into the butler cliche. Is there something else I need to do? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to explain in the thread. 

Looked through all the rooms, found notes, but still not enough proof.

What did I forget to do, guys? 😤

Think my favourite bit was raising Joe King from the dead as a zombie! Go neice!

16 minutes ago, CrazyFinch said:

Looked through all the rooms, found notes, but still not enough proof.

What did I forget to do, guys? 😤

Did you make sure to talk to each dragon about all the other dragons?  And their memory of the events around the murder?  After you meet all the dragons, you may need to go back to the first ones you questioned, and new options of dragons to discuss will have appeared.  Also, for 2 of them, you have to kind of convince them to trust you by doing certain actions.

I just don't have the patience for the mystery, I guess. I did enough to get the badge and will probably not go back to it.

I am on round 336 with the zombies and so far my line is holding. I did not fare that well with my last try, although my setup was the same except for one dragon. It seems that RNG does have a good bit to do with it.

1 minute ago, Kelkelen said:

Did you make sure to talk to each dragon about all the other dragons?  And their memory of the events around the murder?  After you meet all the dragons, you may need to go back to the first ones you questioned, and new options of dragons to discuss will have appeared.  Also, for 2 of them, you have to kind of convince them to trust you by doing certain actions.

Yes, and yes, then returned and spoke to all of them again until time ended, and done all with trust, and even solve book mystery... Still not enough proof. 

I'm really just don't have much options to do something else.

is there a thread where people are showing off their hatchlings from the 2017 hatchling dress up? my search efforts have failed me and right now i don't have the bandwidth to solve a murder, so i just want to look at adorable hatchies in adorable costumes... 🐈

Well, I cleaned the cash of my browser and HOOORAY - the case solved XD 

Edited by CrazyFinch

1 minute ago, CrazyFinch said:

Well, I cleaned the cash of my browser and HOOORAY - the case solved XD 

HAHA awesome!

55 minutes ago, PlatinumDream said:

Here's the book resolution:

Hide contents

You need to check behind the portrait/painting in one of the upstairs rooms, then head back downstairs with the "book" you've found! Make sure you have enough action points to keep talking to the Thundersnow afterwards.

And for a question of my own:

Hide contents

I have the Fire Gem's jewelry -- what's the dialogue option to give it back? your action points drain so fast in that room it almost feels like a glitch x-x

I asked your question earlier and was told it's not possible to give the horn ring back to its owner, all you can do is give it back to the thief who stole it. Apparently the dragon police department only cares about murder and is totally cool with theft (perhaps luckily for us egg thieves???)