TJ09

2022-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

1 hour ago, sam_dan said:

What's with the X D and < 3 eggs in TJ's banner? They don't exist?

They're joke eggs--the colorful swirly one hatches into different colored versions of itself and the heart one hatches into itself.  If they die they just regenerate a little while later.  :3

Seems this year's dragons hatches very easy, mine all gatched with under 900 total views :0

28 minutes ago, KageSora said:

They're joke eggs--the colorful swirly one hatches into different colored versions of itself and the heart one hatches into itself.  If they die they just regenerate a little while later.  :3

Seems this year's dragons hatches very easy, mine all gatched with under 900 total views :0

Thank you!!

Edited by sam_dan

Loved the event. Got the good ending on my first try, but it was tricky - I kept a spreadsheet to note down everything :) Very excited about our two-faced dragons, can't wait to see them grow up!

Spoiler

I was moderately thrown off by Chai saying everyone, even Nimbus/the professor, came for Joe's speech, but Nimbus didn't know Joe was dead.

The handwriting and the forged letter to Sabrina were what convinced me it was Sebastian. I figured it wasn't likely anyone else would know that Sabrina had recently completed a death scroll and be able to send a letter out from the premises to invite her to bring one, other than someone close to Joe living on the premises. I just wish we could examine the items we've collected up to that point, I wanted to compare handwriting myself. Totally missed that he lied about his alibi!

19 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

Loved the event. Got the good ending on my first try, but it was tricky - I kept a spreadsheet to note down everything :) Very excited about our two-faced dragons, can't wait to see them grow up!

Hide contents

I was moderately thrown off by Chai saying everyone, even Nimbus/the professor, came for Joe's speech, but Nimbus didn't know Joe was dead.

The handwriting and the forged letter to Sabrina were what convinced me it was Sebastian. I figured it wasn't likely anyone else would know that Sabrina had recently completed a death scroll and be able to send a letter out from the premises to invite her to bring one, other than someone close to Joe living on the premises. I just wish we could examine the items we've collected up to that point, I wanted to compare handwriting myself. Totally missed that he lied about his alibi!

Spoiler

He also let slip that he knew the murder weapon was a knife, something none of the dragons besides the killer should have been aware of. The detective certainly didn't tell him. 🙂 Old school Nancy Drew vibes FTW!

I went through the mystery and thought I knew who did it, apparently I was wrong. I guess I'll give it another go.

I guess I've played too many old-school adventure games XD - got it right on the first try. Briefly checked back here, though, to see if I needed to DO something with the evidence.

Ok, mistery solved!

The first time I found the right killer but missed a clue, so it said I did not have evidence, but the second time I was able to find the last evidence too :D

Edited by Iside

It was a really fun mystery. I'd love to see another one like it next year (Bob Copper and Chai Labeouf would be obvious recurring characters!)

I've put my finger on what the game reminded me of-- did any of you play those old Freddi Fish adventures back in the 90's? My children played those and they had the same feel (quirky characters, lots of puns, can't solve the mystery till you collect the clues from each area, and at the end you can accuse somebody and get a cutscene where they confess or try to escape)

10/10, would play another. 😄

Trying to figure out the murderer. I have my suspicions on someone and wanted to go review some of the dialogue I was previously given. Went to ask them about some of the other dragons first and I ran out of time. Now I'm unable to review any of the previous dialogue :( 

Argh! I thought I gathered up enough evidence to properly select the correct murderer, but I was told I had no evidence and lost. Now I have to do the whole game again!

I'm hoping we'll get to do the Haunted Harvest again next year. This year I redid the entire design, and then I harvested and replanted until I had exactly 2022 gold, and now I'm going to leave it alone and then hopefully next year I can make another new one!

I found it fastest to do the basement & upstairs before moving down, and leave the observatory to second last before the last stop in the ballroom :)

So glad i found out the rooms count down on clicks made rather than irl seconds 🙌 

What's the best way to speed through the game? I know the killer, and I'm not interested in the story - is there a specific order and choices to make to speed through as quickly as possible?

31 minutes ago, Alex Chessmaster said:

What's the best way to speed through the game? I know the killer, and I'm not interested in the story - is there a specific order and choices to make to speed through as quickly as possible?

I don't know that there is a quick way as you will need to uncover various clues without which you won't succeed.

36 minutes ago, Alex Chessmaster said:

Ill pm you if you still havent finished it.

Hope everyone had a Good Halloween.

So I was wondering, is this Halloween release a breed that can only breed true on Halloween like other Holliday releases?

42 minutes ago, Catincanada2 said:

Hope everyone had a Good Halloween.

So I was wondering, is this Halloween release a breed that can only breed true on Halloween like other Holliday releases?

Yes it's always like that

2 hours ago, Alex Chessmaster said:

Spoiler

I actually just redid the adventure today out of curiosity to see what the endgame looks like if you don't revive the zombie, and I did a bare minimum of evidence collection and still won. To be specific, I went to
*Office, searched the office then talked to Sebastian
*Kitchen, talked to Brie
*Dining room, interact with the drake till you get the stuffed animal then show it to Herring to see the knife
*Library, searched the scrolls then talked to Nimbus
*Observatory, talked to Sabrina and get the note from her
*Study, searched the statue for the note but skip talking to the very slow talking dragon
*Back to the office and talked to Sebastian again, specifically ask him about Brie

For some reason I really couldn't get into this event. It ran so slow for me. I'd pick a place to investigate and it would take 5 minutes to load. No I am not exaggerating on that. I finally managed to get through it though.

10 minutes ago, Anaria said:

For some reason I really couldn't get into this event. It ran so slow for me. I'd pick a place to investigate and it would take 5 minutes to load. No I am not exaggerating on that. I finally managed to get through it though.

Agreed! Soooo slow. 

Hi all,

Same as above, not much time to click through the game when its slow.. Unsure if the halloween event is over, but if possible, would like someone to drop me a DM for how to clear the murder event the fastest and also the murderer in question.

Cheers