TJ09

2022-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

1 hour ago, simkim said:

Nope.  It was 2010.  2011 did not have trick n treats.  Then the treats resumed as of 2012 and every year thereafter!

Oh, okay. Thanks for that. :)  I had forgotten that we missed them for a year after they were first introduced, which is why counting back gave me the wrong answer.

1 minute ago, MessengerDragon said:

But what date is it at the moment?

It is the 6th for another hour and forty minutes or so.

2 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

But what date is it at the moment?

At my time of posting, it is November 6th, 10:20 pm cave time

8 hours ago, Moondragon007 said:

Thanks!

Question for everyone: Just out of curiosity, did you picture yourself as a human or a dragon in the story? I figured, if I'm a copper's assistant, I'm also a copper, probably a young one; maybe even a fledgling.

Some of the dialogue  after you catch the killer definitely implies you're a human: "You verse a dragon. This won't end well" It wouldn't need to say that if if you were a dragon.

Spoiler

35086158_13Charges2nospoilers.png.b5c525d6af5626baa9f8d1b232c4877f.png

I've redacted spoilers for anyone who hasn't found the culprit

Oh, The Crypt are Two-headed Wingless, does it means a new Zombie type? (But anyway I won't kill my Crypt and will wait the next two-headed wingless release...)

Here is my normal request for someone to post some screenshots of the end of the halloween AP wall, I'll certainly be asleep at the time.  I'm finding some great eggs in there right now!

4 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

Some of the dialogue  after you catch the killer definitely implies you're a human: "You verse a dragon. This won't end well" It wouldn't need to say that if if you were a dragon.

Hide contents

35086158_13Charges2nospoilers.png.b5c525d6af5626baa9f8d1b232c4877f.png

I've redacted spoilers for anyone who hasn't found the culprit

I'd say - it does imply that you - a sidekick - are small - that anyone who verses a dragon - whether it's "another" dragon like you or you are just human is likely to be at risk. After all - Joe King annoyed his killer in some way - and we know the killer was a dragon - that didn't end well for Joe !

If anyone completely missed the event and do not have Crypts, I have a few pairs up for grabs in the DC Community Notice Board thread.

I really enjoyed the murder mystery event, kudos to the creative minds that put it together. Just challenging enough to be tricky, but enough clues to correctly ID the culprit - only needed to find them all to make the accusation stick. Apparently I missed one before my second attempt but was correct when accusing the same dragon on my third try. I was completely wrong on my first guess which I made shortly after the game started and before doing very much investigating.

Edited by casprrr
Clearer text

That egg wall ended a lot faster than I thought it would. I was expecting something like last year.

Cant resist free instagrow hatchies though!

50 minutes ago, Mika said:

That egg wall ended a lot faster than I thought it would. I was expecting something like last year.

y e s

4 hours ago, Mika said:

Last year ended about the same, the eggs went down to around 15h. This year went down to 12h.

Aaaahhhh why won't my "lottery hatchies" gender faster so that I can grab more free hatchies?!

😆😆😆

Aaaand hatchlings gone!

Unfortunately I missed this shift from hallow-hatchlings to regular eggs, but I got a shot of the earlier shift from hallow-eggwall to hallow-hatchlings.

image.thumb.png.45a740aef6bb02da8da296bfe4af8e70.png

As always, it was a great Halloween celebration!  My thanks to everyone who helped bring it to us.   :D

I just finished the Murder Mystery (didn't really have time for it before). It took about one page of notes I scribbled very detective-like with my pencil while reading through the rooms, but I got the culprit at first try! Huzzah!

My heartfelt thanks and admiration go to the writer(s) of this little jewel!! So many puns, so many great references, and hints, and wonderful names! It started with the chief detective being a "Copper" and just went on and on, and I enjoyed it so much!

And congratulations to Odeen and RWyvern for getting the Crypts into the cave! I really like their looks (almost perfect, but the horns are a bit too weirdly formed for my tastes), and I just love their lore! And to top it all off, it is written so beautifully. The Crypts definitely join the ranks of my favourite Halloweens (together with the Iridichis, and only slightly behind the Shadow Walkers, who will probably always stay my dearest). Thank you!!

Another thanks to all the creative people who gifted us with treats to gather!

My favourites (in no specific order) are: The wolf howling at the moon, the yellow hairy spider, the boiling cattle, the headless horseman, the two cats, the pumpkin on a horse, the carved pumpkin, the archaeopterix-dragon-stone, the bat-pygmy-thing, and the dressed up pargulus hatchie. But the others are lovely and greatly done as well!

Last but not least: Thank you, TJ, for another wonderful Halloween time at DragonCave! You just have a knack for throwing the greatest of parties! Thankfully you don't pun as much as Joe King, so I hope you don't get murdered anytime soon...

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

This year's event was fun! (Even if I did have the culprit spoiled for me before I'd even started.) I still enjoyed clicking around the mansion exploring and talking to the different dragons (and those vampires seemed awfully familiar, lol).

I missed the very end of the wall but did catch these two screenshots.

Oops, all Lurkers!

1930668992_Screenshot_20221107-1156592.thumb.png.dadd0cb37ed26c9a8aaef370c46138f9.png

And then Oops, all Omens!

588451903_Screenshot_20221107-1225052.thumb.png.abae928bea97804d0bd4c8877bacc1dd.png

I literally just took a guess at this murder mystery thing as I put it off for to long. XD It was pretty fun to do either way. Hopefully we can replay it next year so I can try to see more options. I had to skip a lot of them. -lol-

That ending if you get it wrong though. o-o' (Got it right originally, wanted to try and see others.)

Edited by demonicvampiregirl