TJ09

2022-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Crypt dragons! I was sure the hatchling were going to turn out to be a mischievous breed. Instead they're kind and comforting. 

I am in love with the whole line. They've solidly placed themselves as one of my most favourite Halloween dragons - from the gorgeous and unique sprites, to the really sweet lore. AND they're a two-headed :wub: Nothing but love love love!!!

Thank you so much to everyone for this great Halloween!! Dragcave is one of the only places I consistently celebrate holidays and I look forward to it each and every year.

Wow they look so cool and the lore is amazing! Very unique, I am very happy with them ♡

Loved this event sm

from the eggs to the investigation, 
everyone who worked on this did a phenomenal job!

What incredible Halloween additions! I love these guys 😍

Oh I really like these ones! I may be breeding these ones, just have to find the perfect two headed to go with it!

Ohhhhh VERY cool adults -- super spooky and lovely color palette!

6 hours ago, SickThing said:

The dragon looks awesome.
I'm just kinda sad that I won't be able to breed it to Metallics or Prizes because they're 2-headed.

I suppose the positive side of this is that we can focus more on lineage building event x common pairings than prizekin hunting next year (which went pretty quickly this year, but took over half of the week to get everything I wanted last year).

These are so cool. I particularly love the male's pose, and just the overall colors. While I'm a little sad they can't breed with everything, it's neat to have a two-headed Halloween, and it'll be neat to see what breeds these look good with.

Speaking of, I'm not sure the two-headed description is accurate anymore, and maybe needs a little tweak.

Two-headed dragons are unique enough to deserve a separate classification from ordinary dragons. They have two necks, two brains, two mouths, but one stomach and one main body. The two heads usually work together, but there are times when they will fight each other, snapping back and forth. Their unique anatomy prevents them from breeding with single-headed dragons.

6 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

Speaking of, I'm not sure the two-headed description is accurate anymore, and maybe needs a little tweak.

With their thick mane, it's kinda hard to tell whether they have two necks or just one.

5 minutes ago, Gealach said:

With their thick mane, it's kinda hard to tell whether they have two necks or just one.

It's harder to see on the adults, but seems quite clear on the hatchlings. The hatchling description even specifies two faces, instead of two heads.

I like them! Excited to see the two-headed lineages~!

For those who missed the release - look out at the AP for them, I dropped 6 new halloweens on the 31st and I'm sure other users were catching/abandoning the day-of, too.

I also reread the description for these to my partner and wanted to give a shout out to whomever wrote that -- the descriptions are so creepy but also lyrical in a really haunting, fitting way. Love them!

7 hours ago, SickThing said:

The dragon looks awesome.
I'm just kinda sad that I won't be able to breed it to Metallics or Prizes because they're 2-headed.

On the bright side, our long-neglected 2-headed stable now has something interesting to do on Halloween!

We need a shiny 2-head. Maybe one with one gold head and one silver head lol

24 minutes ago, tjekan said:

On the bright side, our long-neglected 2-headed stable now has something interesting to do on Halloween!

We need a shiny 2-head. Maybe one with one gold head and one silver head lol

Y e s.

I am in love with the design, name, and lore ❤️

And im glad i snagged at least 6 of these for myself. I dropped a few in the AP as well for anyone in the next day or two.

I typically don't like two-headed dragons - my weird OCD thing about "ok, but are they one organism or two...ok no, they're 2...no, 1..." - but these are really beautiful. 

8 hours ago, Emerald01 said:

Ii was so busy on Halloween, I missed them entirely. 😭  I really hope I can grab a pair from the APc or something.

Any chance these might go for 3 days in the future? Like the other Holidays? 🙏

The eggs in the AP were laid on the 29th, so keep an eye there and I bet more of this year’s will appear soonish. 

1 hour ago, SharaIshvalda said:

The female's pose gives me cleric beast vibes aha.

Now that you mention it, it does! I love it! I came here to also say I love these dragons. They look amazing and I love the lore for them too! 💙

6 hours ago, High Lord November said:

I am in love with the whole line. They've solidly placed themselves as one of my most favourite Halloween dragons - from the gorgeous and unique sprites, to the really sweet lore. AND they're a two-headed :wub: Nothing but love love love!!!

Thank you so much to everyone for this great Halloween!! Dragcave is one of the only places I consistently celebrate holidays and I look forward to it each and every year.

yes!  all of this!  How cool are they??  ❤️