TJ09

2022-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

15 minutes ago, miaou said:

is there a thread where people are showing off their hatchlings from the 2017 hatchling dress up? my search efforts have failed me and right now i don't have the bandwidth to solve a murder, so i just want to look at adorable hatchies in adorable costumes... 🐈

I looked and looked and couldn't find one... so I just made one!  Hopefully, people will share.  :)

2 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

I looked and looked and couldn't find one... so I just made one!  Hopefully, people will share.  :)

oh, hurrah! i'm heading over now. :D

41 minutes ago, Denwayasha said:

Loving the event so far and looking forward to seeing what the adults look like, but could someone who has completed the event tell me what I'm doing wrong?

MAJOR EVENT SPOILERS:

Hide contents

I'm almost completely certain that Sebastian is guilty based on the handwriting on the various notes I've come across and his alibi, but when I go to accuse him I'm told I'm wrong and just playing into the butler cliche. Is there something else I need to do? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to explain in the thread. 

Have you identified how Joseph was killed yet?
Generally in a murder mystery the detective needs to figure out motive, means and opportunity. You've already got the motive and the opportunity proven, but you need to uncover the murder method to prove the killer could have been able to do it.
If you've already done that it could be a glitch.

10 hours ago, blah said:

Have the eggs stopped dropping already? Wasn't it usually three days for Halloween?

Three days is Christmas.

And the year of Hurricane Sandy (2013), the cavern lurkers dropped for extra days because the event started late.

Love puns!

OH SNAP

1 minute ago, Quinney said:

Yessss...and still going strong!

zombie1001.png

Nice!

That reminds me that I need to bring back and update my badges for this event.

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

OH SNAP

Nice!

That reminds me that I need to bring back and update my badges for this event.

Please do!  I loved those.  ❤️  And @Quinney awesome!!!  Breaking 1000 with my custom setup is my goal, but... I'm just now starting from 0 again!

I have been onsite today for three top of the hour 'drops' and a number of five minute 'drops' and I have yet to even SEE any NEW 2022 Halloween EGG's???  Have they stopped already??? 

Edited by Husky51
spelling

16 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

I have been onsite today for three top of the hour 'drops' and a number of five minute 'drops' and I have yet to even SEE any NEW 2022 Halloween EGG's???  Have they stopped already??? 

They were 24 hours only. You'll find them in the AP eventually.

16 minutes ago, Husky51 said:

They only dropped yesterday, Halloween day. Keep an eye out on the AP, trades or the forums in the next few days, there may be extras that you can catch.

4 hours ago, Moondragon007 said:

Can someone explain all the puns to me? I got some of them, but I guess I don't know most of the references.

The dragons' names were the most obvious ones to me.
Copper-- a pun because he's a copper dragon and also a police officer i.e. a cop.
Joe King-- sounds like "joking"
Chai Labeouf-- sounds like the actor Shia Labeouf, but "chai" means tea and she's a tea dragon and also "spills the tea" i.e. gossips.
Sterling-- sterling silver
Herring-- red herring
Floyd-- Pink Floyd, the band
Brad Pitfire-- Brad Pitt, the actor
Brie-- type of cheese and it's a cheese dragon
Chichi-- it's a word meaning pretentiously fashionable

Also pretty much everything Joe said had a silly pun in it. I don't remember them all, I know I asked him about Sabrina at one point and he said she couldn't be the killer because her name was not STABrina, that kind of thing lol!

3 minutes ago, tjekan said:

I know I asked him about Sabrina at one point and

But... wasn't Joe dead?

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

But... wasn't Joe dead?

Spoiler

He's dead but you can revive him as a zombie and interrogate him

Man, I came to a super wrong conclusion about the murder mystery...

Spoiler

Totally thought it was Nimbus, because:
- He was found in the same room as the open death scroll
- He seemed smart enough to know how to use it
- There were flashing lights when Joe died- people kept bringing those up like it was an important hint. I thought it might have been lightning...
- He had this suspicious "why did you have to go and get yourself murdered" reaction after I gave him the comic book back (TOTALLY read that as "I killed you and now I regret it")

- After seeing Sabrina cast her spell into the ballroom from another room, I didn't think that Nimbus being in the library the whole time actually mattered, since presumably he could cast the spell from anywhere

- Sabrina outright said the scroll killed him, and I totally fixated on that part...

I found all three notes, but I didn't even notice the handwriting. Aaaaaaaaaaagh... I was wondering why the sharpie'd statue was significant, but I went through everything I could find and still couldn't figure it out...

actually kind of had panic episodes about the bad ending, haha...

Thank goodness for the hints in this thread... never would have figured it out otherwise, lol. Time to go get that good ending & stop freaking out.

1 hour ago, Athkore said:

Man, I came to a super wrong conclusion about the murder mystery...

Hide contents

Totally thought it was Nimbus, because:
- He was found in the same room as the open death scroll
- He seemed smart enough to know how to use it
- There were flashing lights when Joe died- people kept bringing those up like it was an important hint. I thought it might have been lightning...
- He had this suspicious "why did you have to go and get yourself murdered" reaction after I gave him the comic book back (TOTALLY read that as "I killed you and now I regret it")

- After seeing Sabrina cast her spell into the ballroom from another room, I didn't think that Nimbus being in the library the whole time actually mattered, since presumably he could cast the spell from anywhere

- Sabrina outright said the scroll killed him, and I totally fixated on that part...

I found all three notes, but I didn't even notice the handwriting. Aaaaaaaaaaagh... I was wondering why the sharpie'd statue was significant, but I went through everything I could find and still couldn't figure it out...

actually kind of had panic episodes about the bad ending, haha...

Thank goodness for the hints in this thread... never would have figured it out otherwise, lol. Time to go get that good ending & stop freaking out.

I had some of the same thoughts, especially that very sus comic-book dialogue, but

Spoiler

Did you find the murder weapon? It was a dagger which was ensorcelled with the death magic from the scroll. And Joe's fatal injury was a shallow knife wound. Therefore, the killer must have been physically present in the ballroom, i.e. not NImbus.

The other one who all the clues lined up with was Herring. Herring was in possession of the bloody murder weapon and had no alternate explanation for how it had gotten there. (Presumably Sebastian must have hidden it there while he was cleaning, and Herring was too distracted by Toast to notice. But there is zero proof of that, so the idea that Herring had it all along was even more likely.)

The real solid clues against Sebastian were in his dialogue, though.
1) He lied about his alibi. He was never in the kitchen.
2) He admitted handling Joe's mail, meaning he was the only one who could reasonably have intercepted Sabrina's letter
3) Cardinal sin of every mystery villain ever-- when you ask him about Brie he immediately says you should investigate Brie because Brie has the most experience with knives of anyone in the mansion, even though no one but the killer and the detective knew the murder weapon was a knife! BUSTED! 😄

I really enjoyed this event.

Edited by tjekan

Spoiler

Honestly i thought the killer was joe himself at first sjfjajdhshd when i found out i couldn't accuse him i was like "aw crap i can't do mystery!!!!" tho

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

They were 24 hours only. You'll find them in the AP eventually.

Thank You, Lagie...

2 hours ago, RainbowTheAlbinoServal said:
  Hide contents

Honestly i thought the killer was joe himself at first sjfjajdhshd when i found out i couldn't accuse him i was like "aw crap i can't do mystery!!!!" tho

Spoiler

that was my first instinct too lmao. "how do I spice up my murder mystery party? with my ACTUAL MURDER!"

I mean, could you put it past him? the man was committed 

anyway, the game this year was fantastic! it pulled me right in, the jokes were funny and the dragons were super cute (the murkling and thundersnow are my fav <3)

I'd love to see more like it!

I just now checked the codes of TJs hatchies, so cool lol XD

I must say I loved the colors of the eggs (so metalish-steampunkish) and was a bit disappointed when the turquoise became the main color, but the more I look at the hatchies the more I like that color, its like oxidation. Very very curious about the adults, can't wait to see them!

Spoiler

I thought it was the Cheese dragon at first. Bradwick was complaining about there not being any food despite Brie's clams that they'd been busy cooking. Sebastian offered to help serve the food but Brie said they'd wanted to cook more. I thought that was an excuse to get Sebastian to go away and to give them an alibi for where they were during the murder. It didn't help that I didn't realise that the prop knife under the Pitfire's bed and the knife you find in the dining room were different knifes. I thought the scary-looking knife in the dining room was just a very convincing-looking prop. As for the murder weapon, well obviously Brie cleaned the bloody knife first and put it back in the block.

It would have been more work but I think it would have been interesting if each suspect had their own ending where you announce your 'evidence' that they did it. Then you go home and you have your doubts about whether or not you're right. 

7 hours ago, tjekan said:

The dragons' names were the most obvious ones to me.
Copper-- a pun because he's a copper dragon and also a police officer i.e. a cop.
Joe King-- sounds like "joking"
Chai Labeouf-- sounds like the actor Shia Labeouf, but "chai" means tea and she's a tea dragon and also "spills the tea" i.e. gossips.
Sterling-- sterling silver
Herring-- red herring
Floyd-- Pink Floyd, the band
Brad Pitfire-- Brad Pitt, the actor
Brie-- type of cheese and it's a cheese dragon
Chichi-- it's a word meaning pretentiously fashionable

Also pretty much everything Joe said had a silly pun in it. I don't remember them all, I know I asked him about Sabrina at one point and he said she couldn't be the killer because her name was not STABrina, that kind of thing lol!

A couple more:

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Ebony and Ivory - the song

Ooh, the hatchies are looking very horselike... a nightmare?  a kelpie?  I'm eager to see the adults!

What's with the X D and < 3 eggs in TJ's banner? They don't exist? hehe. Oh also, great halloween event. It's my first one and I've really enjoyed it.