TJ09

2022-07-03 - July Dragon Release

16 minutes ago, Quinney said:

Abandon a pygmy - no contest! 😄

Yep! It would have been abandoning a pygmy either way, but I decided to abandon one of the ones from last night instead of waiting. I was just afraid that old eggs might start mixing in before I could abandon the latest pygmy in 5 hours time. Not that it really makes much difference in the long run, since I need 8 CBs of all of them to fill my scroll goals, but I just feel better having one of each from release day. So now I have one from each biome and two pygmies, so I am set for the next two days. I do agree that it would be nice to have more egg slots if we are going to get such large releases!

I just abandoned two Pygmies i caught earlier, I hope that wasn't a mistake and they will be available later!

Only got three of the big ones (Forest, Desert and Volcano), only having 5 spots available (and no incubates!) is so annoying.

Well, I guess I will have to be better prepared for my second release ☺️

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I do agree that it would be nice to have more egg slots if we are going to get such large releases!

This; even one more slot and a bump up from 24 to 27 growing things at a time would be a big help... maybe a trophy upgrade to Diamond Rank or something once our scroll gets to 2,000-2,500 dragons?

Edited by Myoukin

1 minute ago, Myoukin said:

This; even one more slot and a bump up from 24 to 27 growing things at a time would be a big help... maybe a trophy upgrade to Diamond Rank or something once our scroll gets to 2,000-2,500 dragons?

There's a Suggestion thread for that. ;)

The hatchies are cute!

I've only been able to get one of the scaled eggs so far. 🥺 The cave is getting a lot of the pygmies, so I was able to get 4 of those right away. I'm just hoping to catch the Coast/Alpine variants while they're still flooding!

Dang!  The "Surrounded" eggs seem to be rarer than the pygmies.  The Jungle biome always seems to have a full supply of them.

I had to bed for bronze Lunar Herald last night, but then I had a dream that 2 new breeds were released. Guess I'll have to hope they drop exclusively for a while. LoL 

45 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I am sure it is the tails, but I am really frustrated by dragons whose anatomy is so difficult to distinguish! I certainly hope the adults are clearer!

Same. The 2nd-stage female scaled hatchies are especially difficult for me to understand what exactly is where. 

To be honest I'm a little bit glad I've sort of stepped back from DC, with so many variants being so *hard* to get even during the flood I'd normally be having a lot of anxiety about it but right now it's more 'well this sucks, but whatever'. Big releases so often just aren't fun. 

Before going to bed I accidentally got two pygmies, and two each of the Coast and Volcano scaled, so I'm attempting to trade my extras for the ones I don't have... I've managed everything except Alpine and Forest scaled. 

Dang!  I clicked a third electric pygmy by mistake!  Now I need to wait 5 hours so I can abandon it and try again.  Why did they release those together so you need the exact amount of the maximum egg limit?

Sorry if I missed a post about this, but it looks like there is a variant of the pygmy? The one called bITER among TJ's, looks different. Maybe that has something to do with them being so plentiful? 

I'm loving this release!! It's so nice to see more two-headed dragon with biome variants, and just more diversity/cool mechanics to two-headed dragons as several regular dragons do, and both them and the pygmy look lovely so far! The last couple releases have all been quite common so I'm also glad we're seeing a rarity difference w the two head and the pygmy, but that's just my opinion.  And tbh with the biome variants just being recolors and not more complex the way xenos and zyus are I think this is pretty reasonable for a standard release. Anyways, I'm happy to see, have my handful of eggs, and happy hunting everyone!

Wow!  The Jungle and Volcano eggs are going so fast!  I barely have time to click one and they're all gone!

Edit:  Alright.  I have all but the Volcano variant.  I'll have to wait 5 hours to try again.  I understand why the wait is in place, and how necessary it is under normal circumstances, but I feel like, during a release, they can relax the 5 hour wait just a bit.  Weekend or not, not everyone is able to wait 5 hours to release the misclick and try again for the new egg they were after in the first place.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

The “scaled” release looks like a False Hydra to me, instead of a true Hydra, which would honestly be cooler in my opinion, the heads on the back don’t have eyes or anything and it was just two bulbs in the beginning, so that’s what makes me think the tail “heads” are just a ruse to threaten predators more.

Thanks for these great new two-headed dragons, HBKit! And thanks to TJ for the release!

7 minutes ago, Lightstorm12000 said:

Dang!  The "Surrounded" eggs seem to be rarer than the pygmies.  The Jungle biome always seems to have a full supply of them.

I suspect that this might be at least partly an illusion caused by the greater demand for the scaly eggs, due to its many different variants. So the very same pygmy eggs stay in their spots while the scaly eggs get picked up pretty much immediately. So the pygmy "flood" is "draining" slowly, while the other is "draining" very quickly. That makes it difficult to compare their amounts by estimate and it probably shifts perception to the two-headed seeming less common than it actually is.

8 minutes ago, Emerald01 said:

Sorry if I missed a post about this, but it looks like there is a variant of the pygmy? The one called bITER among TJ's, looks different. Maybe that has something to do with them being so plentiful? 

There are no differences between the S2 sprites of the pygmy.

14 hours ago, KageSora said:

Do we have confirmation that the brown eggs is from the Desert?  Process of elimination would suggest it, but I wanna see one caught to be sure

Yes, it is. I caught one from the desert.

A surprise release!

Nabbed 2 of the pygmies and 5 of the two-headed? eggs so far. I'm really hoping these are two-headed dragons. Would love to have more breeds to pair with my Scourgekeepers.

i have 2 pairs of the pygmies, 1 alpine two-headed, 2 non-release eggs i don't want to give up, and 1 failed vampire bite that'll take up space for a few more hours. so far so good? 🐈 if the eggs are still flooding when i have space, i think i'm just going to try to gather up more pygmies. ❤

Aww loving this release got all my eggs now and the eggs are loverly, the hatchlings as well are realy great I carnt wait to see them all grow

One of each biome and a pair pf pygmies (I NEED pygmies right now !)

Regular eggs just started mixing in.

Regular eggs are already mixing in, and I wasn't able to snag a single scaled egg. *sighs* This day is not going well for me... 

Well, for all the people like me who came late to the game, the egg descriptions are 

This scaled egg is surrounded by the others

This tiny blue egg gives you a slight shock when you touch it