TJ09

2022-07-03 - July Dragon Release

I'm usually the one reminding about ratios and consequences of too-long floods, but seriously? When we have large releases with biome variants *and* one is much less common than the other, we *need* longer floods. Really.  Especially since it seems the flood is just over and they are already pretty scarce, I saw one pygmy and one scaled (in different biomes) during the :05 shuffle.  Feeling disappointed again.  

(And please people, just let us be disappointed or frustrated if that's what we are feeling! We all can voice our opinions about a release without others trying to shut us down for being 'too negative'.)

Thankfully the only scaled one I'm missing is the Jungle, and I'm trying to trade for that.  Looking at TJ's, my favorite so far is the Volcano variant, I really like the colors.

Edited by HeatherMarie

Oh well.

I dropped most of my pygmies to make scrollspace for newer eggs, so that in the flood of pygmies I could maybe get a scaly egg as well. I didn't. (The one I have is from the very early release, like, 15 minutes into it?) 

Now no pygmy and no scaly. Fun.

The eggs are gorgeous, let's see what hatches from them. 

I'm super curious as to what folks expected who say the drop's over by 4 pm, other than the last Magiversary where TJ let them drop for a few days, and the holiday 3-day drops, old eggs are always mixing in with the new at 4 pm on release day.  I think in my early days (2018) that might not have been the case, but at least for the last year--this drop looks exactly like every other monthly drop.  Newbies are surprised, rightfully so, they are still learning the site, but for anyone else--this is a carbon copy of other monthly releases.  Also--you can probably get them in the market next week.  I got a pair of stats in the market last year--they started at something really low compared to now.  These will probably be easy to buy in the market next week.  For me personally, the market made new releases a lot less stressful.

7 hours ago, purplehaze said:

That is a bit dramatic. Take a deep breath. The new eggs will continue to drop. The flood of new eggs is over, but they will still be out there. There have been much more difficult releases in the past.

If this was an average two egg drop then yes, it would be a bit dramatic. But when the release consist of seven(7) eggs, 6 of them being completely drowned in a sea of pygmy eggs, you definitely need a longer drop time, and now that the flood is over they dont even seen to drop often. And just because there have been worse releases in the past doesn't mean they should keep making it so arbitrarily hard for people who can't pull an all-night to get their eggs.

So yes I think it's completely reasonable to feel upset.

Edited by Axl-fox

Just now, Axl-fox said:

If this was an average two egg drop then yes, it would be a bit dramatic. But when the release consist of seven(7) eggs, 6 of them being completely drowned in a sea of pygmy eggs, you definitely need a longer drop time, and now that the drop is over they dont even seen to drop often. And just because there have been worse releases in the past doesn't mean they should keep making it so arbitrarily hard for people who can't pull an all-night to get their eggs.

So yes I think it's completely reasonable to feel upset.

It's also really rough on players whose time-zone is very different to the US. This release started at 2pm Sunday my time, and by 11pm, I'd seen only a handful of scalies and caught just 2. I definitely don't have the time luxury to pull an all-nighter right before work on Monday, and this time waking up early to try again before work made no difference - there's nothing to be seen.

I don't mind a challenge, and I can see the point others are making around not wanting a ton of negativity with a release - that's just as frustrating for the artists as not being able to catch eggs is for the players. But there's a difference between "challenging" and "basically impossible". Personally, I'm still trying to get all the different coloured zyus, never mind the xenos and cantos. I wouldn't have a staterae at all if not for the market, and saving up for those takes forever. I rarely have time to trade and when I do, it seems neither the forum nor the trading post on site is interested... so I primarily play solo, and try to catch from the cave, and I guess I'll be adding these eggs into the basket of "hope I eventually get lucky one day". I can definitely sympathise with those who have the same or similar playing style and are frustrated, and I don't think telling people not to be negative is the answer.

8 minutes ago, Iside said:

Is the release already over?

New eggs are still dropping, and they will drop forever. They just aren't 'flooding' the cave anymore, where every egg is a new egg. You want to a) refresh at the 5 minute drops, b) go into trading threads (especially in a few days, there are people who love catching and gifting CB eggs), c) you can set up trades on the in-game trading site, and/or d) you can purchase in the market whenever they drop. Lots of different ways to get the dragons. I'm certain a lot of bred ones will also be flooding the AP in a few days.

Honestly sometimes I find it's easier to hunt eggs on mobile if you struggle with mouse accuracy. 

Edited by High Lord November

Thank you @High Lord November

I just hoped the flood would have last at least 24 hours, so people all over the world and not only half of it would have had the same chances of get new eggs, without needing of buying them from the market or trade for them

And now, already, the Eggs are ALL dropping, mixing all of the Eggs with the new Eggs, and even though the Pygmy's are no longer as abundant, there don't a[[ear to be any more Scalies than we have see, or not seen, as before...

17 minutes ago, Iside said:

I just hoped the flood would have last at least 24 hours, so people all over the world and not only half of it would have had the same chances of get new eggs, without needing of buying them from the market or trade for them

^^ This.

57 minutes ago, Iside said:

I admit to not seeing the logic of making the flood less than 24 hours.  It's 16 hours now, why not bump it up to 24?

Oh. Over already? I was hoping the drop would last for 24 hours to give those of us in different time zones a decent chance, but no such luck. It is apparently 20:15 Cave Time, and the drop has already finished. I've checked at various times during the day and not managed to get any of the larger eggs. There was never any shortage of the pygmy egg, but I decided not to be greedy so I'd have space for the others.
Drat.

The male two-headed hatchies really remind me of that one Aztec sculpture:
Double headed turquoise serpentAztecbritish museum.jpg

I wish I had grabbed more of the two heads while they were still flooding because now it seems like it's going to be a pain to catch more later. The pygmies look really cute though so it's not the end of the world for me.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a 36 hour time frame of purely new release egg drops. Especially for releases like this where there are so many variants. My goal for this release is two of each, and right now I only have Volcano and Alpine done. I've got one dark grey egg and the rest I can only hope will be easier to get in the future. 

I think 36 hours is fair because it gives people around the world an equal chance, plus time for everyone to sleep and do what we need to in real life, like work and take care of family, etc.  

Personally I had a headache last night and wanted to go to bed, but I had a feeling and so I stayed up. I'm glad I did, but I was hurting once I filled my egg slots.

This is nothing against the artists at all. I love what I'm seeing with these guys so far and am looking forward to the adults. I just wish we had a better chance to catch these guys.

NEW EGGS! 

NOw I gotta grab some...buT I'M LATE!

I think that those of us with time zones radically different from the US and with full time jobs it is difficult to find the time to stalk the site during those limited hours. Sometimes by the time some of us come online, the new release is already done and over with.

Like so many others have mentioned, if there is a wider timeline for the release it could help us. Like so many others have mentioned i do not have the time or ability to collect thee variants of the zyus, cantos, xenos, etc.

We continue to play the game because we love it, but when it becomes overwhelming or frustrating or difficult to keep up, then people start stepping away, like many people I know have. If there could be a wider drop time, it would help.

Anyway, thanks spriters, a wonderful job as usual.

Just woke up.  Missed the event. I seem to have missed the drops. There are variants?

I hope in the future we can have either longer drops or more flooding. I like to grab eggs on the first day.

FINALLY!!!  for all my griping, I finally got four Scalies . Alpine, Volcano, Coast and Desert Had one misclick so have to wait 

5hrs before I can get another one...

Thank you (So far) TJ and Spriters... 

Wait, I missed the flood? Dang. Why don't they make these last 24 hours?

Edit: Turns out it wasn't as done as I thought it was.

Edited by Queenofdragons6

Floods really should last for a set amount of time before new eggs start mixing in.

I accidentally locked myself with eight pygmies. I dropped six of them and haven't been able to get a scaled. When there's two breeds, both dropping in all biomes, one rarer than the other, and the rarer egg has biome-specific variations, there needs to be more leeway for the players who aren't there in the first fifteen minutes of the release.

Edited by Keileon

Was not expecting a release and after much struggling for the last few hours I finally managed to get one of each NR. My own fault for multitasking between trying to obtain them

I’m glad that I wasn’t egg-locked for once and I managed to catch several eggs during the first few hours. The hatchlings look adorable, I’m excited to see the adult sprites! 

Hey what? They're ended?:o Well I don't think it's a great idea that having a big release and gone quickly like that. The problem is if you need to collect all sprite you need 14 egg shots, if they gone too fast that means everyone need to find some of them or all in trade or combine with other eggs, also they look like not a common egg if gone that fast, people are worrying about they become another stats, and for these release you need to get 4-12(not include the pygmy), just think about the difficulty and the feeling if you need to get as least 4 aeon/pink Sapphire/wild Shumoga as most 12 after the wave... and the pygmy become blocker... They all magnify people's negative emotions. For my expected, I think that they would drop like the birthday release.:unsure:I really hope that they're uncommon or lower rarity only and everyone can get one and enjoy them. :iraptor: