TJ09

2022-07-03 - July Dragon Release

OK, I quiit for tonight!!!  On this hour drop, there were constant drops for at least 15 minutes...  I refreshed(ctl-r) ever 2 or 3 seconds during that whole time and I saw, maybe 15 or so Scaled Eggs drop, PERIOD!!!.. And I was unable to grab any of them...  ALL the rest of the multitude were PYGMY's...

G'nite, all!

finally caught one Alpine scaly thing. I have two from Jungle…now I just need to wait for my other eggs to hatch so I can free up more space. 

New eggs. Yay. ❤

But... Where can I find the bigger ones?

I stalked the cave for half an hour now, constantly refreshing but seem only to see the pygmies. Are they day/night based?

I don't know how I managed it but I was able to get 1 of each kind plus 2 pygmies in under 2 hours. Thank goodness I checked for a drop tonight. I usually like a pair of each but obviously not happening, at least right away. Eep! 

4 minutes ago, Seriva Senkalora said:

New eggs. Yay. ❤

But... Where can I find the bigger ones?

I stalked the cave for half an hour now, constantly refreshing but seem only to see the pygmies. Are they day/night based?

you might have better luck waiting for the hourly drops. 

the eggs with the scaled description are in all biomes but have a specific color per biome. the one pygmy is dropping in all biomes, and are painfully blocking access to the scaled eggs

Edited by mishhelle

OMG New ones ❤️ happy hunting 

Damn. I expected this release a week earlier, and when it didn't come, I started breeding again.  That's what I get for my impatience, I guess. 🙂 Anyway, I'm not ready for another big release like this.

ETA: Also, I'm an idiot who miscounted the needed slots and abandoned an egg that didn't need to be abandoned. 

Edited by HPhaeton

Seriously? Another extra special special release with a cartload of variants that are almost impossible to catch? On top of a similar release with even more shenanigans just a few weeks ago? Plus an additional species turning into a cave blocker within hours of its first appearance?

Why, thanks (but no thanks). I look at the number of hoops I'm supposed to jump through to catch some pixels and decline to perform. This may be the straw to break the camel's back. I really don't need this.

1 hour ago, MissK. said:

...I'm sorry but, what kind of dragon needs THAT many variants that are all from the cave?? Only cantos and gemshards have that so far, and neither were released in one go. If it's a massive release that also includes hybrids and stuff, that's at least something to get at our own time, but this is just...a bit (a lot) too much at once. And for a regular, monthly release too. 

Xenos have 13 (2 in each biome plus the super rare) and they were released as a group of six and a group of 7. Not saying I don't agree, but this has definitely happened before.

4/6 scaled. Miss clicked too many pygmies. Sigh.

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Xenos have 13 (2 in each biome plus the super rare) and they were released as a group of six and a group of 7. Not saying I don't agree, but this has definitely happened before.

4/6 scaled. Miss clicked too many pygmies. Sigh.

That's true, I keep forgetting they're technically variants since the site kind of treats them as separate breeds. Considering how high in demand the xenos still are though, that doesn't bode well for the current release being any easier to obtain.

first egg seems to be cracking already... 👀

edit: i wonder if there is a certain meaning behind there being so many of them.

usually it's just a male & female of each, but here we got a whopping 4 of each egg sprite, with "only" 3 pygmies. is it possible they have alts in addition to the variety of habitats?? or are some of them just for hatchling sprites...

Edited by milkbun

Well I got four scaled ones, but two misclicks from earlier means I have to wait for a few hours now to get the rest.

Man I hate big releases. Scaley ones are painfully hard to catch with the flood of pygmies. I'm tempted to just wait for these to show up in the market. 

oooh huge release! super fun, gotta wait till I'm out of egglock though >_<

59 minutes ago, milkbun said:

first egg seems to be cracking already... 👀

edit: i wonder if there is a certain meaning behind there being so many of them.

usually it's just a male & female of each, but here we got a whopping 4 of each egg sprite, with "only" 3 pygmies. is it possible they have alts in addition to the variety of habitats?? or are some of them just for hatchling sprites...

4 means both hatchlings and adults have dimorphism. 3 means only adults do. 

First 1 has hatched. Yep, two heads.

Edited by DragonLady86
Typos

Well, I misclicked and got a third Pygmy. Egg locked now. When all have hatched, I'll hunt for a second batch and the first Volcano one :)

Happy hunting everyone!

Got 2 Pygmys and 1 of each Scaley. First release since I came back and man that's a lot of eggs lol. Thank you for the release!
Good luck with your hunting everyone!

LOL I'm always late to the party ,...

No eggs to be found ..

Are these going to be around for now on?

Or only for a short time ,I don't have the time to look and figure it out ..

TIA