TJ09

2022-07-03 - July Dragon Release

All those colors, flood's over and one friend that just got here says to heck with this garbage, call me next month.  The only one she has is one I gave her.  My friends barely want to even do this anymore.  We are simply too old to spend hours and then not even being able to get everything in a new release.  I guess it's getting to be just geared for those with a lot of free time and quicker fingers than us 70 year old's.  

And now I'm depressed and going away.

Oh no! The flood didn't last very long. I just learned of the release and apparently missed them all. :(

8 minutes ago, daba555 said:

All those colors, flood's over and one friend that just got here says to heck with this garbage, call me next month.  The only one she has is one I gave her.  My friends barely want to even do this anymore.  We are simply too old to spend hours and then not even being able to get everything in a new release.  I guess it's getting to be just geared for those with a lot of free time and quicker fingers than us 70 year old's.  

And now I'm depressed and going away.

I'm hoping than next floods will last longer, and this was definitely unexpected, right at the start of the month too. I don't appreciate the fact that this release was so early and quick, maybe it'll be better next time.

I was *so happy* at first -- a dimorphic two-head with a different color for each biome?! Heck yes!

But...

Couldn't find ANY before bed, couldn't stay up because I have work today, and by the time I woke up, the release is already over. What even with this nonsense.

Totally not vibing with such a short flood for that amount of eggs.

I know that they're permanent addittions, but it makes it harder for those of us in timezones not compatible with release times.

Well, I managed to get all six of the scaled eggs, one from each biome and two of the pygmy eggs. I am scroll-locked for a while. I think this is the first drop that I haven't missed by more than 24 hours. They look amazing!!!! Thank you to TJ and the Spriters!!! 💜

Well, this blows chunks! Got here this morning and got four big ones and four little ones.  Decided to come back and dump two little ones to get the other big ones and now there are NO more current releases??!! Talk about a suckathon!

The new eggs are not dropping...The new release drops should last at least 24h to give people a fair chance to catch them no matter their time zone!

I wasn't expecting a release at the beginning of the month, so I didn't know about it until this afternoon. I got two of the pygmies easily enough, but I haven't seen even a single scaled egg. I thought we were finally getting longer release floods,  but I guess not.

Intresting! My thanks for the release to everyone involved. That pygmy hatchie is so cute!

Although, I fear these are going to be difficult to find later... sigh. Such a short flood for a release this big, people having trouble catching those scaled eggs and everything. But no need to lament so early. Hopefully I'm wrong!

3 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

Although, I fear these are going to be difficult to find later... sigh. Such a short flood for a release this big, people having trouble catching those scaled eggs and everything. But no need to lament so early. Hopefully I'm wrong!

Well I messed up and did not get a coast scaled egg yet because the other eggs confused me and I grabbed the wrong thing, so much for having at least one of each on release day. I hate when I screw up, and I get really really cranky (to put it nicely) when I struggle to get new release eggs. Pray for my hubby who will have to deal with me?

Darn. I currently have 7 slots, and accidentally picked up a second pygmy this morning when I was trying to nab scaled eggs. Just abandoned it so that I could get the missing Alpine egg and thus have one of every type for release day... to see that the flood is already over! Considering the scaled eggs had unique coloration per biome and it seems that the lightning eggs will all hatch the same, it was also a bit frustrating to see how the lightning eggs seemed to fill 80% of the spots in each biome. 

Regardless, I'm excited (as always) to see how these new species mature! Especially hoping that the lightning eggs end up majestic, since Stormbirds/Thunderbirds are one of my favorite mythical creatures!

Edited by obsidian14

It's pretty frustrating to see so many people unhappy or "anxious" that they couldn't get all the eggs they wanted at once. I personally really enjoy a little bit of a challenge mixed in to even my casual games. I'm ecstatic that we got a huge release (especially one after another very big release!), I'm happy that they care enough to keep releasing as much as they are and making all of this art and I'm also really thankful for the value they add to the game. Trading is a big part of this game for me, even if its a very minor or maybe even irrelevant feature to other players, this is never something I would be unhappy about. Now, you can catch other things and trade for the eggs you want or breed something pretty and trade that offspring for something else.

As hard as Stats are to get in this game, I've never been upset about that. I like feeling like I have something to work towards and these big releases also give me that feeling of working for it. This would hardly be a "collectible" game if you created your scroll and were given anything you ever wanted all at once and having all of these eggs at the same time, even cutting the "flooding" down so that they aren't as common is a much needed thing in my opinion. Even if we have 16 versions of the same dragon in different colours, even if this ended up being as rare as a Stat, how many "rare" two headed dragons do we have?

Thank you to the people who sprited and created concept art, thank you to TJ for doing what you do and thank you to all the players who make this game fun for me to play as well, whether that's just nice posts on the forums or contributing to making the game better in your own way.

I think this release was fantastic and your efforts do not go unnoticed.

I'll confess, I did not expect the drop to be over so quickly. Its not really a huge deal for me since I was only grabbing eggs as trade fodder, but with the amount of variations and dimorphism on top of that it almost feels unfair to collectors. Unless these new eggs prove to be extremely common like birthday release (and that doesn't seem to be the case, at a glance) I expect a lot of people to be unsatisfied - and rightfully so.

Going by past multicolor releases, the two-year will be a highly desirable uncommon-to-rare just based on ratios. Which is a good thing, imo, as we've never had anything rare or highly tradeable in the non-regulars department. The last release, although large, was also extremely common so this isn't a bad change of pace.

So much frustation on an perma-release...  It's a game!

If you want to get everyhing available with no efforts, try the all-you-can-eat buffet. ;)

It is hard to get the scaly ones, yes, and I still haven't completed my Pyropellis variants and got my second CB Stat a few weeks ago from the market, but that's the game. Would be boring to get everthing pretty easy in one drop.  ;)  I managed to get most of my scaled eggs when old breeds started to mix in. People were too focussed on their description between the tiny ones for me to get some, but with more breeds dropping, chances are better for me. :D 

So let's all have fun and enjoy this free-to-play-game with all of it's challenges.

Thank you TJ and artists for another release so we can always hunt for more. ❤️

I feel bad about too much negativity around new releases, too, even if it's a bigger release or comes unexpected. I do think we should appreciate all the work that goes into creating new breeds and organising their releases. However, I must say that I also fully understand the frustration behind that negativity. Not everyone can just catch or breed those rares to trade for newly released elusive dragons. And it is not only about wanting to have everything at once, on the first day. Neither does it mean that one is not thankful, quite the opposite, I'd say. People like this game and new dragons and are worried that they might not be able to ever get them, to put it simply.

That said, I still hope everyone could feel excited about the release and have some fun, not just worry over it. Easier said that done sometimes, I know! I do hope that we will all get the dragons we want, sooner or later. 🌼

Edited by Varislapsi

chiming in to comment on the negativity too, especially re: the pgymies. I know people want one of each NR/variant right away, I'm like that too, but they haven't even been out for a day yet and people are acting like they'll never get one. and all the complaining about pygmies blocking the biomes felt sort of harsh too. imagine being the artist excited for something you released and instead everyone is complaining about how they don't want it and it's preventing them from getting the "more desirable" dragon. plus for all we know, the pygmies are uncommon too. it's just hard to tell when everyone's snapping up the other ones so quickly.

anyways, I wasn't expecting a big release (or any release really) so this was a pleasant surprise. looking forward to seeing the adults, especially the pgymies!

The drops are already over not even 24 hours after release??? I only managed to grab 4 eggs! this release is a complete disaster!!!

I love the colours on the pygmy. Can't wait to see what little lightning bug comes out from it. Also... 4-headed dragons? :D At least fasle-headed dragons. 

Short drop-times are relatively common complaints. I wonder if having the affected biomes work like a holiday drop, where only the new eggs drop for the first 24 hours, might work? I have no idea how the coding works or how much of a headache it would be to change drop mechanics though... or how bad that would screw over ratios after the 1-day drop.

Edited by High Lord November

5 minutes ago, Axl-fox said:

The drops are already over not even 24 hours after release??? I only managed to grab 4 eggs! this release is a complete disaster!!!

That is a bit dramatic. Take a deep breath. The new eggs will continue to drop. The flood of new eggs is over, but they will still be out there. There have been much more difficult releases in the past.

Very excited for this new release!

Question: Will the four-headed dragons be able to breed with two-headed dragons? Or will it be four-headed paired with four-headed?

2 minutes ago, Solaries said:

Very excited for this new release!

Question: Will the four-headed dragons be able to breed with two-headed dragons? Or will it be four-headed paired with four-headed?

They're two-headed, with a head lookalike as a tail. ;) So they'll definitely breed with other two-heads.