TJ09

2022-07-03 - July Dragon Release

1 hour ago, Mnkn10 said:

Has anyone gotten a male hydra to breed true? Since both genders can produce the other parent’s biome, I’d expect either gender to be able to produce its own biome as well, but I haven’t seen this happen yet. Bad luck or weird mechanic?

somewhat to my surprise, i got forest hydra from male forest hydra x female desert magnesium. so luck seems to factor in?

edit: i also traded for a volcano hydra from male volcano hydra x female forest ciriax.

Edited by miaou

Possibly silly question but having trouble finding the answer. Will a Market x Market of the same color for the false hydras produce a random color or will it be the same as the parents? Do you need to breed, for example, Alpine x Alpine to recieve Alpine eggs?

1 hour ago, jumiofdiamonds said:

Possibly silly question but having trouble finding the answer. Will a Market x Market of the same color for the false hydras produce a random color or will it be the same as the parents? Do you need to breed, for example, Alpine x Alpine to recieve Alpine eggs?

I don't think we're going to get a definitive answer for that for at least a week or so since the market hydras have only been available since Friday and they take about a week to hatch and mature.

Here my meagre breedings. I've added the biome of the other parent. These are the breedings that resulted in an egg:

male Volcano FHH + female Temple Wyrm (jungle) = temple wyrm
male Jungle FHH + female Blancblack (forest) = jungle FHH
male Temple Wyrm (jungle) + female Desert FHH = jungle FHH
male Coast FHH + female Ciriax Lindwyrm (alpine) = coast FHH
male Alpine FHH + female Scourgekeeper (summoned) = alpine FHH
male Magnesium Amphiptere (volcano) + female Volcano FHH = volcano FHH

So the father's biome gives the FHH biome, and the mother is just luck, with tendency to breed true though?
Edited by ealbiest

These are interesting findings. More breedings will certainly help figure out how these critters work. Let's use this thread after this one closes:

My brother's result

Spoiler

b2B8bND.png

So I think they can breed both parent's variant by random (either their mate are FHH or not) but no colour swap in same biome PB. Not sure if fertility iiinfluence them.

Edited by D-wing

The female lineage icons need to be tweaked. ;)

26 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The female lineage icons need to be tweaked. ;)

image.png.a1dd461f05c704bd7bd56eed02ccec1e.png

Actually,  the image looks like it's centered on where the real heads are. If you look at the female sprite, the prominent heads have no eyes while the heads coiled at the bottom right do have eyes; it's actually pretty clever and insinuates the female breed's more cautious/sneaky than their male counterparts.

image.png.f24efc50fd63078c0498afe72048b945.png

Male Alpine FHH  x  Jester  -> Alpine FHH egg https://dragcave.net/lineage/s29nY

Male jungle FHH  x coast Baikala -> jungle FHH https://dragcave.net/lineage/2N5H1

Male blanchback from volcano x desert FHH  -> volcano FHH https://dragcave.net/lineage/IFSF0

Male scrooge (adventurer) x female vuolcanic FHH  -> vulcanic egg https://dragcave.net/lineage/1ie9m

Edited by Darth Krande

2 hours ago, Myoukin said:

Actually,  the image looks like it's centered on where the real heads are. If you look at the female sprite, the prominent heads have no eyes while the heads coiled at the bottom right do have eyes; it's actually pretty clever and insinuates the female breed's more cautious/sneaky than their male counterparts.

This.

And: Look at the belly scales.

The female's one are pointing in a different direction than the male's.

3 hours ago, Myoukin said:

Ooh, good point. :D

I thought the same as you, @Lagie but I was just comparing it to the male and not to where her real heads are. Looks like it is right as it is, but it still looks a bit odd.

Gotta say, really love seeing the adults on my scroll, this release has sleek looking dragons.

Thank you TJ and spriters!

Edited by Awdz Bodkins

These look so cool! I unfortunately missed the release completely...do they still seem to be dropping fairly regularly or are they hard to find?

8 minutes ago, Asketil said:

These look so cool! I unfortunately missed the release completely...do they still seem to be dropping fairly regularly or are they hard to find?

I still see them dropping a fair bit, but they're still at the stage where you have to be quick to snag them.

Since more members are getting adults I'm going to close this now. Please continue the discussions about breeding False-Headed Hydras in this thread the great @Shokomon made! Thank you TJ and spriters, for another release!