TJ09

2022-07-03 - July Dragon Release

Aw I completely missed this release. I haven't seen a single one yet:(

It's a miracle I have one now. The fact they rarely drop not even 24 hours after their release is ridiculous. I guess that's what I get for spending July 3rd handing out water and granola bars to protestors.

Edited by IVIandy

15 hours ago, Jazeki said:

I, for one, will be contributing to the outrageous egg demand as I will probably be trading metallics and low gen spriter altkins and Thuweds to get the last few colors I need...as I do with every new release😂

This, my goodness. I usually trade my 2g Prize/kins for much lower values but when it comes to this sort of scarcity I'm not above using my Prize to my advantage, lol.  Unfortunately he's on cooldown right now. 

I managed to get 1 of each scaled (after trading for one, and have an extra from the coast) and 1 pygmy. Waiting for the first ones to hatch but from what I can see it doesn't look like they are appearing much in the biomes anymore. 

I missed seeing what TJ's s1 pygmy looked like, and I just saw it for the first time in a hatchery and omg it's so cute and tiny!! Looks like an adorable little blue bird.

7 minutes ago, Sheriziya said:

Oh, are these three-headed dragons? They sure look like it, but....

Based on the hatchie description it's most likely false-heads on their tails, they are still just two-head dragons.

Well I am starting on my second set of false-headeds...they don't pop up that often but are still catchable at least. The volcano and coast ones have very pretty colours, curious to see how the adults. Hopefully all the detail of the tail doesn't make the sprite too hard to read.

The pygmies have to be something with lightning, right? Should turn into cute adults!

I've been trying for a second set for an hour. Managed a Jungle one, but just too late clicking the few others I've seen.

Just want to know which biome's scaly eggs have highest demand? My brother and I finally free from egg-lock and would have a few shot to help people catch some scaly eggs.

It seems funny to me at the fact that the last pygmy'a code is (bITER).

Also I did notice that the pygmies don't have the "Aww, it's a cute baby dragon!" part..?

The description of the S2 hatchies says "And look! Its tails have grown...teeth?" 

I think it definitely confirms that they have AT LEAST false hydra heads (like some kind of atavism or something), with a tiny chance they could grow into full or semi-functional heads. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Shadowsearcher said:

It seems funny to me at the fact that the last pygmy'a code is (bITER).

Also I did notice that the pygmies don't have the "Aww, it's a cute baby dragon!" part..?

It's similar to the S1 Marrow stage "this hatchling' could hardly be considered cute" and the Hellhorse description "This hatchling's behavior could hardly be considered cute". 

45 minutes ago, BlitzDrake said:

It's similar to the S1 Marrow stage "this hatchling' could hardly be considered cute" and the Hellhorse description "This hatchling's behavior could hardly be considered cute". 

I guess, yeah.

Not cool to do this during a holiday weekend.  I had IRL things I had to do, so today is the first chance I had to check the site.  Now for the long search.  I've only caught one pygmy so far.  :(

3 minutes ago, Moranna said:

Not cool to do this during a holiday weekend.  I had IRL things I had to do, so today is the first chance I had to check the site.  Now for the long search.  I've only caught one pygmy so far.  :(

It takes a while because the other eggs usually block the biomes, but if you check consistently every 5 minute refresh there are some of both types showing up. I picked up another scaled egg a few minutes ago and didn't even click very fast because I was distracted haha. Good luck!

Edit: For the record though I really think it would help to make floods a bit longer so more people have the chance to experience them before other eggs start mixing in. 

Edited by MissK.

what the heck? Why have these new eggs become so rare already? There are barely any dropping during the 5min refreshes.

Pretty dragons so far but gonna be hunting for these for months, I didn't see the notice so I missed the initial drop.

20 hours is so long to wait to see the Adult sprites! 😭 

I am not a huge 2-headed collector but I like the color combos of the scalled dragons. I am very interested to see what the adults look like.

4 of my NR eggs are about to hatch so I am eagerly waiting to hunt some more. I like the challenge of having rare/uncommon eggs to hunt for so this release is fun for me.

Thanks TJ and Spriters!

Well, I've been trying and trying to get a second set today but only managed a volcano and two from the Jungle, one of which is up for trade (fingers crossed!) I'm just not fast enough to click, even if I sit on an egg and wait for it to hopefully change to a new release egg. One thing I've noticed doing this, I had two misclicks, bit both eggs as I didn't want to look at them on my scroll, and both were changed to vampires and tossed away. Very lucky for me!

I think I'm going to end up waiting and buying from the market when they're there.

Edited by Quinney

Wow.  Have been hunting since the release and all I've managed are the Pygmies.  The numbers are way low, it's gonna be months of hunting for these I can feel it. 

3 hours ago, MissK. said:

Edit: For the record though I really think it would help to make floods a bit longer so more people have the chance to experience them before other eggs start mixing in. 

Especially when you have to catch 12 Scalies (which were rare from the very start) in order to have a pair from each Biome, and that's not counting 2 of the Pygmies...  and the MOST EGGS anyone can have at a time is 8...

Oh my, how am I supposed to get my second batch when there is no Scaly to be seen even on the hour?? I can't even just breed the first batch together once they are grown 'cus I influenced them all male as I usually do when I the second eggs for the pairs follows later o.O Guess I'll buy them from the market then later^^

18 minutes ago, Su_Halcon said:

Oh my, how am I supposed to get my second batch when there is no Scaly to be seen even on the hour?? I can't even just breed the first batch together once they are grown 'cus I influenced them all male as I usually do when I the second eggs for the pairs follows later o.O Guess I'll buy them from the market then later^^

I did the same with the 5 of 6 Scalies I was able to grab, Gender the first batch of the different biomes as males, then I planned to do the second batch as females, but this time, I haven't even been able to complete my first set because, like you said, no Scaly's!!!

23 hours ago, boscodelta said:

The amount of people saying that they’d rather have less than more is so disheartening lol I don’t know why you’d ever be upset that there is more for you to do and collect 😅

Because most people end up with less of the more, especially newer players, or those who were only able to be online at the tail end.. and that can be quite a disheartening thing too really..  

here are some of us crying about only having 8 slots, think how bad it was when you only had 4! 

I think a longer flood would have helped more players than the more slots idea. 

I sort of like the fact that you can only have 8 eggs (most of the time!) as it means that other less experienced players, or ones with more on that day in real life and less time to refresh pixels, still get a chance to get something once the pro's have filled up ;) 

Edited by nerys

Unpopular opinion time: having rare eggs gives me something to do on the site 

What if the scaled ones are meant to be rare in the biomes, but are really good breeders and it's like CBs are scarce but bred ('tame') ones are pretty common? .... I dunno, just throwing something out there because most new releases are nowhere near this scarce after the flood stops. 

I got real lucky and just happened to see and grab a Jungle scaled when I first went to the biomes today, but haven't seen a single scaled since then. Missed a pygmy though, they aren't hanging around for multiple refreshes anymore!