TJ09

2022-07-03 - July Dragon Release

Once again, releases like this are exactly why we should be allowed more egg slots. 

Yeah, I can't say I'm a fan of these massive releases with so few egg slots. I think it's time for a new reward tier that grants another 2 slots at least.

Seems the new ones are hardly dropping anymore, a mere day after the release. I was busy yesterday and had no idea so I seem to have missed most of them. Disappointing.

Edited by CaityG

I don't necessarily need more egg slots (I like 8 as a number lol) but I'm not a fan of these huge releases either.

I'd prefer less breeds tbh. I don't even need a monthly release. It's getting hard to even remember new breeds. Which is sad bc sometimes I'll collect the eggs I need and then never look at the breed again. New breeds deserve better ...

The amount of people saying that they’d rather have less than more is so disheartening lol I don’t know why you’d ever be upset that there is more for you to do and collect 😅

17 minutes ago, boscodelta said:

The amount of people saying that they’d rather have less than more is so disheartening lol I don’t know why you’d ever be upset that there is more for you to do and collect 😅

I think it's cuz we don't have enough egg slots, so one has to pick & choose which ones to grab. Also for those who work on lineages, it means you pray the egg you need/wanted hatches so you can grab everything. Plus we just had a big release & now we're having another one. Honestly, I would have preferred a release that was hybrids only. I think more hybrids would be nice, especially pygmy & drake ones. I think a hybrid drake would make them more beloved as they seem to be everyone's least favorite dragons.

That said, I can't wait to see what they look like when they're all grown up! :D

21 minutes ago, boscodelta said:

A lot of people (myself included) like having full sets* on the day of the release.

Take the April release of the Ghanser and Lotaan - with the max. Amount of egg slots, you're able to have two pairs of each.

However, Large releases like this and the last make it difficult because you have to choose what you want to go for.

For example - I have a pair of the Pygmy eggs, and just one of each of the Two-Head variants (so this way I have at least one of each from the release date)

*everyone defines full set differently, my idea of a full set may not be the same as yours

2 hours ago, SheridanCharon said:

I don't think they're meant to be since they're a normal release, they just seem to have had a shorter-than-normal release flood.

They had a release flood that was exactly the same as every other monthly release in the last year (not counting holidays and the birthday release).

31 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

A lot of people (myself included) like having full sets* on the day of the release.

Take the April release of the Ghanser and Lotaan - with the max. Amount of egg slots, you're able to have two pairs of each.

However, Large releases like this and the last make it difficult because you have to choose what you want to go for.

For example - I have a pair of the Pygmy eggs, and just one of each of the Two-Head variants (so this way I have at least one of each from the release date)

*everyone defines full set differently, my idea of a full set may not be the same as yours

I think that's really fair :) I hadn't actually considered that dates mean a lot to people tbh. If your idea of a perfect collection is the correct dates on your releases then the complaint is valid

[e] Edit because I'd like to add that maybe more people would be happy with larger releases as long as we had more slots, which I think is a much better alternative than nerfing releases for those that enjoy a sprinkle of chaos.

Edited by boscodelta

I don't need more egg slots (it would be great but I don't think we will ever get them), but we need longer new release drops and/or that they mix with the "older" eggs much slower so that all of us have a chance to get the new eggs and that we are able to get at least 2 batches of them when we have such a big release.

Just a thought here . . . if you all have more egg slots and there are still only the same number of eggs to go around all the players who want them . . . At least once the more adept, perhaps with faster internet connections/better equipment,  were egg-locked, some other players had a chance to get a few eggs.  So, perhaps, as somebody else said earlier in the thread, we need more than 3 choices per biome . . . 

I think drops like this should drop for 48 hours. 24, at minimum. And then at least be the first eggs on the 5 minute drops for a few days after.

Or maybe, like, not make the one egg which drops in every biome super common. It makes it even harder for folks to find the other NR, especially when people already grabbed their share of that one and aren't picking it anymore.

That said, I think the new hatchies are adorbs. I'm thankful for them, really. I look forward to snagging more of them somehow ☺️

4 hours ago, LadyMadonna said:

So, perhaps, as somebody else said earlier in the thread, we need more than 3 choices per biome . . . 

The problem with that is still that players may not have enough slots to 'move' the eggs along.

I spent ten minutes staring at a wall of the new Pygmy egg in the Volcano waiting for someone to take one to uncover the next egg behind it in the hope that it was the scaled egg and that I'd be quick enough to grab it once revealed.

Say we go up to six eggs in the biomes. While yes, that's a whole new row to pick from...its not going to be doing anyone a favor if *using the NR as the example* no one is taking the Pygmy eggs in the Hope's of having more open slots on their scroll for the scaled.

That aside, I can't wait for the adults on the two-head. Though is it just me, or does the second head get a bit lost on the female Jungle (dark blue) and Volcano (black) hatchlings?

Edited by ShorahNagi

I was wondering if the big release felt a bit soon.... With releases like these, it'd be nice if there was extra time to pick up everything. The walls of pygmy eggs made it hard to collect the scalies, and the timing was unfortunate... My slots were nearly full.

1 hour ago, ShorahNagi said:

I spent ten minutes staring at a wall of the new Pygmy egg in the Volcano waiting for someone to take one to uncover the next egg behind it in the hope that it was the scaled egg and that I'd be quick enough to grab it once revealed.

Say we go up to six eggs in the biomes. While yes, that's a whole new row to pick from...its not going to be doing anyone a favor if *using the NR as the example* no one is taking the Pygmy eggs in the Hope's of having more open slots on their scroll for the scaled.

The eggs automatically refresh every 5 minutes. I have the seconds show on my computer clock, and start refreshing about 5 seconds before the 5-minute mark. Then you have to try to be quick. If I don't make it then, I do something else until the next drop. Better and more reliable than waiting for someone to grab an egg.

Edited by High Lord November

Nope, scaled eggs no longer drop every 5 minutes. It seems to me that they're destined to be another uncommon dragon just like Zyumorphs or Xenowyrms (but definitely not like Stateraes! thank god). We don't have a rare 2-headed dragon yet, so that makes sense.

Edited by Zack

What I want to know is why each colour has *2* pairs? Instead of just a male/female pair, there are two sets... I can only imagine the complete and utter madness of these potentially having an alternate form that you can't identify as an alt form until they grow up completely lol

5 minutes ago, boscodelta said:

What I want to know is why each colour has *2* pairs? Instead of just a male/female pair, there are two sets... I can only imagine the complete and utter madness of these potentially having an alternate form that you can't identify as an alt form until they grow up completely lol

Both the hatchlings and adults have dimorphism when their are 4. Adults only with 3. No dimorphism with 2. TJ will freeze one set, possibly retroactively.

Edited by DragonLady86

3 minutes ago, boscodelta said:

4 eggs just means that both the hatchies and adults have dimorphism -- four different sprites. TJ will eventually freeze two of them, although they often grow up before he does and have to be reverted.

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Both the hatchlings and adults have dimorphism when their are 4. Adults only with 3. No dimorphism with 2. 

Gotcha :)

Edited by boscodelta

Apart from the "common new release blocking biomes from rare new release" situation, it'd be nice if there were more of the eggs dropped on release day.

While I fully understand people who want full set slots (which would be 7 * 4 slots for this release) please consider those who were less fortunate and couldn't even get a single set of the rarer ones. We're talking about "I want to be able to take 28 eggs" vs "couldn't get one of each". 

A five-minute drop was cleared in moments. On-the-hour drops before the xx:05 release. 

There are simply too many users for too few eggs generated.

That said, if I had 28 egg slots, then grabbing ten or twenty pygmies in the hope I could get one scaly wouldn't have been an issue. But still not very reasonable. 

Anyway, am I the first to notice that the pygmy is missing the "Aww, it's a cute baby dragon" part?

Edited by Darth Krande