TJ09

2021-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 15th Birthday!

Bumping this question. Has it been confirmed yet by the creators pinks are AP only? 

As far as I've been able to tell, there's been no confirmation that pink sapphires are AP-only, but also no confirmation that there is another way to obtain them.

8 minutes ago, BlitzDrake said:

Bumping this question. Has it been confirmed yet by the creators pinks are AP only? 

I don't think so, but we have not discovered any other way to get them.

And I also need CBs for my scroll goals, so while people breeding them to abandon is nice, it really doesn't help me. But please don't stop doing it because there are many people who do want those! And if they are bred with something that I want to build a lineage with then that would be great, too. Right now I know there are a lot of people buying them in the market to abandon or catching them in the cave and doing the same. Sadly right now there is such a rush on them in the AP that they are nearly impossible for most of us to catch. (Again, huge thanks to the person who gifted me a pink CB!) My fear is that once the initial rush is over and it might actually be possible to catch something, people will get tired of abandoning CBs, or just forget, and there will not be any available.

Edited by purplehaze

1 hour ago, Naughtrish said:

I had a CB sapphire and the egg never turned yellow. It hatched blue. Today I wake up and it had gendered... yellow. I am still not sure about the mechanics of this one 🤣

Ehhhhhh, this could be annoying. Are we supposed to fog them once hatched to keep the blue colour? o_o It's not so bad if blue turns yellow, but if pink turns...! I hope that turns out to be incorrect. 

I saw a couple posts above stating that cantors who survived the EQ hatched green.  That's good news isn't it?  Perhaps the thing to do is EQ early so that you get "unaffected," then you will get greens without killing any.  The few times I've used EQ, I've always gotten all unaffected.  Sounds like people should be aiming for Earthquake NOT to hatch them (or kill them), then you get green.

Am I understanding the above posts correctly?

Is there a yellow egg variant for the Sapphires, or only the hatchling sprite is changed? I accidentally killed mine with sickness trying to get a yellow one but the egg never changed.

Edited by MysticMusician

3 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I saw a couple posts above stating that cantors who survived the EQ hatched green.  That's good news isn't it?  Perhaps the thing to do is EQ early so that you get "unaffected," then you will get greens without killing any.  The few times I've used EQ, I've always gotten all unaffected.  Sounds like people should be aiming for Earthquake NOT to hatch them (or kill them), then you get green.

Am I understanding the above posts correctly?

From what I know about EQ mechanics the kill risk is overall higher for fresh eggs, so personally I'd still wait - however, I don't EQ much so someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Just now, MysticMusician said:

Is there a yellow egg variant for the Sapphires? I accidentally killed mine with sickness trying to get a yellow one but the egg never changed.

Yes, if you get a sapphire egg to around 4050 views, it'll turn yellow :) You just need to do it slowly and watch carefully any sickness. Warding will come in handy! 

My fear is that once the initial rush is over and it might actually be possible to catch something, people will get tired of abandoning CBs, or just forget, and there will not be any available.

One thing I'll say - I don't think this will be likely for sapphires? The blue ones aren't hugely desirable, imo, so I think people will still toss them. 

5 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

Yes, if you get a sapphire egg to around 4050 views, it'll turn yellow :) You just need to do it slowly and watch carefully any sickness. Warding will come in handy! 

One thing I'll say - I don't think this will be likely for sapphires? The blue ones aren't hugely desirable, imo, so I think people will still toss them. 

Ah, ok thanks! I did ward it when it first got sick yesterday, but I completely forgot about it and went to sleep without checking on it lol

7 hours ago, Wiz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20210525-082425_Chrome_kindlephoto-5912944.jpg

Screenshot_20210525-083453_Chrome_kindlephoto-5858981.jpg

The moment my Sapphires turned yellow. Under the spoiler because my tablet won't let me resize the images. 

How do you get so many OVs in this amount of time, with so few UVs? I have an egg that's sitting at 1.7k OV and 600 UV, almost at the hatching point. Tell me your secrets!

Alrighty, thanks for the answers guys!

I loaded on Market-Cantors (too lazy to hunt them) and EQed when I had 6 eggs. Now I have 5 survivors that will turn green. 😁🥰

Unbenannt1.jpg

41 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

My fear is that once the initial rush is over and it might actually be possible to catch something, people will get tired of abandoning CBs, or just forget, and there will not be any available.

My Sapphires liked their chosen Holiday mates, and now there are 2 more 2G Sapphires out there on the AP.

i've put them in my "List of Dragon Things To Do Today" on my spreadsheet for each Tuesday now. :) i'm pretty sure they won't get forgotten.

2 hours ago, Naughtrish said:

I had a CB sapphire and the egg never turned yellow. It hatched blue. Today I wake up and it had gendered... yellow. I am still not sure about the mechanics of this one 🤣

Not overly difficult. It has to get something over 4000 views (current theory is that 4050 is the threshhold) before it grows up—some reach it during egg stage, some during hatchling stage. As long as it's not an adult yet, it can change yellow from blue.

As far as I know, a pink sapphire does not turn yellow, or vice versa. Somebody recently said that pinks can turn yellow, but I don't know if that was a misunderstanding.

So far, this is the only known variant ever that can change at either egg or hatchling level. Everything else seems to egg OR hatchling.

5 hours ago, Quinney said:

Did you do it slowly over days, or bombard later?

Bombarded them as soon as I had incubated and warded (right after I go them) to over 2000 views, when they got sick (after 3 1/2 hours) hid them, let them sit a bit after they recovered and then bombarded them some more.

For those who are worried about getting CB Pink Sapphires, please feel free to message me! I'm trying to put my salts and CB prize to good use and trading for Cb pink saphs where/when I can, so I'll try to maintain a list and send some saphs down the line whenever possible ☺️

6 minutes ago, Fyrebird said:

Not overly difficult. It has to get something over 4000 views (current theory is that 4050 is the threshhold) before it grows up—some reach it during egg stage, some during hatchling stage. As long as it's not an adult yet, it can change yellow from blue.

Ahhh I thought it had to get a lot of views before hatching. It makes sense now, thank you!

58 minutes ago, kerrikins said:

Ehhhhhh, this could be annoying. Are we supposed to fog them once hatched to keep the blue colour? o_o It's not so bad if blue turns yellow, but if pink turns...! I hope that turns out to be incorrect. 

My plan (I haven't tested this) is to put it only in the low-volume hatchery I use*. ER it on a busier site to hatch the egg, then back in only the low-volume one until it's ready to grow up. ER again.

You could hide the egg until it can ER, then hide the hatchling until it is also ready to ER, but I would be afraid of sickness using that method. Slow and steady I think is the answer to keeping them blue. (Also, avoid busy times like new releases and holidays, when views everywhere get a spike.)

*Daily Dragon fix; link in sig. You must visit this regularly to share clicks or your dragons get cleared.

Well 29 more 2G Pink sapphires just made there way to the AP so good luck everyone! Now hopefully we can get a wall so I am able to catch some now, though CB is always my goal, I may not get lucky with that for a while.. 

LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Adults!! Just gorgeous, Must Hoard!!!!! Spriters just WoW!! ❤️❤️❤️ 

Edited by acm1923

1 minute ago, acm1923 said:

Well 29 more 2G Pink sapphires just made there way to the AP so good luck everyone! Now hopefully we can get a wall so I am able to catch some now.. 

The problem is that these won't reach the "front page" of the AP for approximately 3 days. So about this time on Friday...

1 hour ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

I want to start by saying that the new spritework is gorgeous as always and the mechanics are interesting as a whole. The new Gemshard colors and the Ward Cantor are especially lovely.

I'm just... tired. I enjoy completing my collection goals, and I'm more than ok waiting to get alts/hybrids. I'm still working on alt vines and Carinas. The thing is, I have 100% of the capacity to plan and carry those out on my own without relying on luck, timing, and a good connection. I was RELIEVED when I no longer had to deal with the frustrations of the trade function for the Itus Cantors. The sum of this whole release feels like it is adding yet another thing to my list of "things I'll probably never achieve", and that is ultimately depressing and demotivating.

I really, really relate to this. I adore DC, but wowsers these latest mechanics are hard to manage.

I'm with you.  My scroll goals involve collecting 6-9 CBs for new ones, so all I can see is a discouraging hill to climb.  Not counting the zombie or neglecteds, my spreadsheet says I have 153 I need to get, which is a bit overwhelming.  😳

That said, I'm curious about the comment about the Itus Cantors that I bolded above.  Can someone point me in the right direction for that?

43 minutes ago, High Lord November said:

How do you get so many OVs in this amount of time, with so few UVs? I have an egg that's sitting at 1.7k OV and 600 UV, almost at the hatching point. Tell me your secrets!

Here.

With thanks to @synditrix for the wonderful tool, and to those in this thread who pointed it out.

1 minute ago, Moranna said:

That said, I'm curious about the comment about the Itus Cantors that I bolded above.  Can someone point me in the right direction for that?

The itus cantor is the orange one: the last BSA is a trade. Thus you literally cannot get it by yourself. You must trade for the egg and then not do any other BSA except influence.

1 minute ago, Moranna said:

Translation: When you're done collecting them because you filled your quota, you don't need to do that anymore.

(Generally, I found it easiest to go to the Random Scroll Help thread for a quick bounce.)

Thanks for the help on the Itus!  I thought maybe an alternate mechanic has been found for the bounce.  Ah well.  Back to hunting those CBs!

52 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

Alrighty, thanks for the answers guys!

I loaded on Market-Cantors (too lazy to hunt them) and EQed when I had 6 eggs. Now I have 5 survivors that will turn green. 😁🥰

Unbenannt1.jpg

This makes the whole EQ only mechanic seem a lot less insane!  I know that the powers that be don't want to give out info, we have to find it out for ourselves, but a couple of hints about this would have spared everyone a lot of angst over the past few days.  I had thought that the EQ had to actually hatch the eggs.